Doctor Who | Episode 5: Dot and Bubble | RT: 95% / MC: 72

Crashed

Apologies for the triple post, I just thought both episodes were way too SILLY. I love when the show is goofy (I'm a Slitheen apologist hihi) but it seems recently it's going too far into childrens TV territory

Next weeks ep looks a bit more serious although I'm sure they'll slip in a fart joke somewhere

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crashed

• KFC

• Augmented

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

Only watched Space Babies so far and Russell is so lucky Millie and Ncuti are carrying acting+chemistry wise because his writing and stories are just not doing it for me this era. I just don't understand when his writing became so clunky and heavy handed? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Augmented said:

Only watched Space Babies so far and Russell is so lucky Millie and Ncuti are carrying acting+chemistry wise because his writing and stories are just not doing it for me this era. I just don't understand when his writing became so clunky and heavy handed? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNAoWbrAeFrSXtqCufzi1

• Like 1

Moffat wrote this year's Christmas episode 

20240511-234027.gif

• Like 1

Now this episode was the kind of Doctor Who I love :jonnycat:

Spoiler

Also very curious if we have a Adeola/Martha kind situation with Varada Sethu again or if there's going to be be a whole Clara-like story arc 👀

Fantastic episode but where has the budget gone? Last years specials had so many outdoor scenes but they seem to have gone back to shooting them on a soundstage

The best Doctor since Tenant easily. Tre foreshadowing giving Bad Wolf. 

Real CAMP Doctor back again. Real META companions back again. I will be watching the rest :clap3:

Russell is a hack! That's all I can say after that episode…

This episode started out so promisingly but went to **** the last 20 minutes. The ending felt like they ran out of time and just had to resolve everything without giving any explanations :rainy:

• Like 1

Really great concept but a horrid ending :rip: 

Also the implication of what the Prime Minister was doing with that woman was so dark. I was shocked :rip:

• Like 1

So far a more palatable series than Jodie's by virtue that 15 and Ruby had great chemistry compared to 13, Ryan, Graham and Yaz.

Space Babies: Too much running in the corridor story line for me.

The Devil's Chord: I enjoyed this one, Jinkx was great.

Boom: Premise was sorta great, but the ending was too cheesy.

73 Yards: I love the folk horror element of this, really love the genre shift. Surprise a Doctor-Lite episode so early in the series. Others may not like why it wasn't explained but I like it in this sorta horror-esque story. Kate kinda alludes it earlier that they deal with the extraterrestial but more on the supernatural lately. This is my favorite so far this series. This is Russell's Turn Left 2: Turn Back Harder.

Dot and Bubble started off extremely boring but I gotta say that the last 10 minutes were really surprising.

Spoiler

I knew that Lindy was a ***** the moment she blocked the Doctor from her bubble but I did not expect her to kill Ricky and that plot twist of the survivors being all racists. I would have loved to see them all die in the end lol

• Like 1

Dot and Bubble is such a Black Mirror episode. The setting and the color is so Nosedive coded.

Also another Doctor and companion-lite episode, but this one is handled better than Love and Monsters.

Lindy is such a megabitch huh? I was sympathetic of her at first because she's this spoiled, privileged kid that's so sheltered that just needed guidance but nope... she's totally unlikable and irredeemable with the rest of her kind.

Such a unique episode in doing a character study. Every episode has such tonal differences this series and so far no such abysmal episode like Orphan 55.

I was so ready to drag the episode as being a boring, preachy, boomer-esque anti-influencer commentary but then the last few minutes happened :jonny6:

Like @Augmented said, I could never give RTD too much praise (the first 30 minutes of the episode kinda dragged) but the ending was a very compelling watch and I'm impressed at the clues sprinkled through the episode in hindsight. Impressive :clap3:

Edited by KFC
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.