Doctor Who | Season Finale: Empire of Death | RT: 95% / MC: 72

Crashed

the timeless child arc making no sense while rewriting the whole show :deadbanana: while i liked the premiere i'm sort of fuming they decided to scrap everything Missy did for the Master character :rip:  this new one does nothing for me

chibnall needs to be JAILED

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crashed

• KFC

• Konril

• Augmented

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

the timeless child arc making no sense while rewriting the whole show :deadbanana:

You will love Flux then :oh:

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it Disney wants to acquire the international streaming rights for the show. Please let it be true because the show is barely existing in my country right now:jonny5:

Bernard Cribbins passed away at the age of age of 93 :chick3: Rest in peace!

19 minutes ago, Crashed said:

Bernard Cribbins passed away at the age of age of 93 :chick3: Rest in peace!

My heart sank when I read this in the morning, Rest in peace :chick3:

He stole the show every time he appeared on screen as Wilf. I don’t think we’ve seen such an incredible companion + Doctor performance as good as 10 and Wilf in The End of Time pt1&2

• 1 month later...

Promo for the centenary special is finally starting. The episode is being called "The Power of the Doctor".

Edited by Crashed
Added another tweet

I am so confused at everything going on right now :rip: the centenary special is separate from the 60th anniversary special correct? And Ncuti won't be debuting as the doctor until next year

tbh I'm just here for Tennant, Ncuti and Catherine Tate. Somebody @ me when they are on screen :doublescoop:

11 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I am so confused at everything going on right now :rip: the centenary special is separate from the 60th anniversary special correct? And Ncuti won't be debuting as the doctor until next year

The centenary special is Jodie's last episode coming next month or in November. And in 2023 we have three specials for the 60th anniversary. Ncuti could debut at the end of the next episode but I fear he won't until the last episode of the 60th anniversary :rip: 

12 minutes ago, Crashed said:

The centenary special is Jodie's last episode coming next month or in November. And in 2023 we have three specials for the 60th anniversary. Ncuti could debut at the end of the next episode but I fear he won't until the last episode of the 60th anniversary :rip: 

I probably won't watch the centenary special then as I despise the current era and everything about it

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody please summarise what has happened since Peter Capaldi? I tried to read the official season synopsis but they're so long and messy

The special's trailer is out:

15 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Can somebody please summarise what has happened since Peter Capaldi? I tried to read the official season synopsis but they're so long and messy

Well, the seasons are messy so the summaries are not to blame. :dies: I'm probably not much better at explaining the most important plot twists but I try:

1. The Timeless Child

The Doctor isn't just a timelord, she is infact the origin of the timelords. Her adoptive mother Tecteun would experiment on her to create the timelords. At some point a chameleon arch was being used by the so called "Division" to block the doctor's memories about her past lives. In Flux the Doctor got the fob watch of the chameleon arch with her hidden memories but decided to not open it.

2. The Fugitive Doctor

In Series 12 the Doctor encountered another incarnation of her, the Fugitive Doctor. The Fugitive Doctor lived before all other known numbered incarnations of the Doctor but 13 wouldn't remember her because of the chameleon arch. The Fugitive Doctor used be a part of the "Division" but later decided to hide from them.

3. The Division and the Flux

The Division is some kind of squad, created by some timelords, including Tecteun, the Doctor's adoptive mother (who also was the Division's leader). Originally the timelords agreed to not interfere with time and space but the Division wanted to explore and eventually gain control over the universe. The doctor fled at some point but was captured later. Later, the division decided to delete her memories, regenerate her back into a child and release her into the universe. 

While the Doctor travelled the universe, she also caused the universe to change to the detriment of the Division's goals and plans. Tecteun thought that the universe was ruined by the Doctor and began searching for other universes. She eventually found the universe in which the Doctor was born among other universes and decided the destroy the current universe, leading to the Flux mass destruction events. Through the flux events most of the universe apart from earth is currently destroyed.

When is Ncuti debuting? The female doctor thing didn't do it for me so I'm glad the doctor has a pp again. 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, Crashed said:

Why is there a centenary special and a 60th anniversary?

Also I would like a younger companion to be placed with Ncuti's doc. I feel like they need the innocence of a child/young adult back in the cast, I loved the Amy storyline 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:36 AM, Jotham said:

FILMING SPOILERS:

Reveal hidden contents

:jonny:

From what episode is this? I still have to catch up with the last season 

4 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

When is Ncuti debuting? The female doctor thing didn't do it for me so I'm glad the doctor has a pp again. 

Why is there a centenary special and a 60th anniversary?

Centenary special = celebrate 100 years of the BBC, also Jodie's regeneration episode

60th anniversary specials = celebrate 60 years of Doctor Who

6 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

From what episode is this? I still have to catch up with the last season 

This is part of the 60th anniversary

44 minutes ago, Crashed said:

The special's trailer is out:

Well, the seasons are messy so the summaries are not to blame. :dies: I'm probably not much better at explaining the most important plot twists but I try:

1. The Timeless Child

Hide contents

The Doctor isn't just a timelord, she is infact the origin of the timelords. Her adoptive mother Tecteun would experiment on her to create the timelords. At some point a chameleon arch was being used by the so called "Division" to block the doctor's memories about her past lives. In Flux the Doctor got the fob watch of the chameleon arch with her hidden memories but decided to not open it.

2. The Fugitive Doctor

Hide contents

In Series 12 the Doctor encountered another incarnation of her, the Fugitive Doctor. The Fugitive Doctor lived before all other known numbered incarnations of the Doctor but 13 wouldn't remember her because of the chameleon arch. The Fugitive Doctor used be a part of the "Division" but later decided to hide from them.

3. The Division and the Flux

Hide contents

The Division is some kind of squad, created by some timelords, including Tecteun, the Doctor's adoptive mother (who also was the Division's leader). Originally the timelords agreed to not interfere with time and space but the Division wanted to explore and eventually gain control over the universe. The doctor fled at some point but was captured later. Later, the division decided to delete her memories, regenerate her back into a child and release her into the universe. 

While the Doctor travelled the universe, she also caused the universe to change to the detriment of the Division's goals and plans. Tecteun thought that the universe was ruined by the Doctor and began searching for other universes. She eventually found the universe in which the Doctor was born among other universes and decided the destroy the current universe, leading to the Flux mass destruction events. Through the flux events most of the universe apart from earth is currently destroyed.

Thanks love! 

I hope RTD does another soft reboot because all of what you've written sounds... :skull:

The trailer looks a movie trailer though :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Today's the day! The episode will air 7.30 pm BST on BBC One. Let's hope Chibnall didn't **** it up this time :gaycat1:

18 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

since when does Doctor Who come on Sundays

since Jodie's era started :dies:

I'm ready...

Time to leave The Timeless Child, Fugitive Doctor, Flux etc. behind...

nRPKU11.gif

I really enjoyed the episode. The story was all over the place as usual with Chibnall but, honestly, I loved the overall nostalgia and Yaz really had her time to shine this time :jonny5:

Spoiler

Dan serving Spongebob after 15 minutes was so ridiculous though :rip:

spongebob.jpg

Also here's a sneek peek at the new era:

Talking about the future, Russell T Davies, Showrunner said: “If you thought the appearance of David Tennant was a shock, we’ve got plenty more surprises on the way! The path to Ncuti’s Fifteenth Doctor is laden with mystery, horror, robots, puppets, danger and fun! And how is it connected to the return of the wonderful Donna Noble? How, what, why? We’re giving you a year to speculate, and then all hell lets loose!”

The three special episodes will transmit in November 2023 as Doctor Who celebrates its 60th anniversary.

Perched for David's return and Ncuti's debut!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.