Twitter drags Lori Harvey for diet

favorite crime

She posted a TikTok on how she was on a 1200cal diet last year to lose weight and Twitter is dragging her

Do y'all think what she did was unhealthy? Or are people just mad over nothing?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miracle

• May

• BOOMBAYAH

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

People are just jealous and mad that they can’t eat that little and be skinny like Lori Harvey :michael:

only fatties would be mad at this :michael:

She’s short + a woman. 1200 (whilst in a calorie deficit) is not starving, and on top of that she’s incredibly wealthy so she can afford the best dieticians and personal trainers. I’m glad a female celebrity actually came out and just told it how it is when trying to lose weight, as opposed to models like Bella Hadid trying to convince us she eats 30 burgers a day and remains as slim as she is.

Kind of a side note but when this went viral I noticed a lot of the quotes where women who appeared to be “overweight” and it really just struck me how we’re quick to call out people being on diets but when it comes to people being overweight we’re all like “stop policing peoples bodies!”. If the fat people actually cared about health, surely they would also try lead a healthy lifestyle? But no, they don’t. It’s just bitterness. 

People are mad and jealous that there are people out there who can resist the urge to stuff themselves full of food.

the jealousy :rip:

4 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

:michael:

1200 is not that low for a short woman. I take 1400-1600 a day on my diet now and I'm 1.90 tall and I'm around 100 kg /220 pounds + do an hour and a half of cardio every day so if she's unhealthy then what am I lol

Edited by Miracle

1200 isn’t low at all. wasn’t Adele on 800 or 1000? I can’t remember which

im currently on 1000-1200 and i have more energy than I have had in years . As long as ur eating healthy foods who cares? U can have big healthy meals which are 400 calories or less easily .. 

Just now, May said:

1200 isn’t low at all. wasn’t Adele on 800 or 1000? I can’t remember which

im currently on 1000-1200 and i have more energy than I have had in years . As long as ur eating healthy foods who cares? U can have big healthy meals which are 400 calories or less easily .. 

Well, if your metabolism needs like 2500 calories a day (not counting exercise) just to survive and you are taking 800, it doesn't matter if you are eating the healthiest salads and breast chickens of the world (cause that's all you are gonna be able to eat), you are gonna slowly starve to death if kept during a long period of time.

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

Well, if your metabolism needs like 2500 calories a day (not counting exercise) just to survive and you are taking 800, it doesn't matter if you are eating the healthiest salads and breast chickens of the world (cause that's all you are gonna be able to eat), you are gonna slowly starve to death if kept during a long period of time.

but what’s ur definition of a ‘long period of time’ . weeks, months, years? the human body can survive over 3 weeks without any food at all - it’s more than capable of being in a calorie deficit for a couple months. i swear some ppl think weight loss is magic and as soon as someone explains a very basic method of how they lost weight the Internet accuses them of having an ED :deadbanana:

Yeah I don’t think 1200 calories is that low for a short woman… I’m a short woman myself and trying to eat about that much and as long as you fill up with healthy low-calorie nutrient-rich foods it’s fine.

But yeah, when I was in university I started trying to lose weight because of my family’s history of heart disease and diabetes and I was absolutely floored when some woke body positivity activist types I knew started lecturing me about how losing weight was fatphobic… even after I mentioned all the health problems I was trying to avoid! Although I didn’t stay friends with them after that, I later joined a private Facebook group for alumni from my college who were trying to lose weight and the activists somehow found out that the group existed and tried to get it shut down :rip:I support not being rude to other people because of their weight but getting mad at anyone who tries to lose weight is just extremism.

3 minutes ago, May said:

but what’s ur definition of a ‘long period of time’ . weeks, months, years? the human body can survive over 3 weeks without any food at all - it’s more than capable of being in a calorie deficit for a couple months. i swear some ppl think weight loss is magic and as soon as someone explains a very basic method of how they lost weight the Internet accuses them of having an ED :deadbanana:

Oh I 100% support this woman's diet. It depends on how much exercise she does, but she's most likely within the limits of a 500-1000 calorie deficit. I'm not the one to say cause I do a 1800 calorie-deficit per day but more than a 1000 calorie deficit can have severe health effects (unless you are very very overweight)

The body being able to not eat food for 3 weeks doesn't mean it will come without any health effects lol. My sis has been doing a very very limited calorie diet (a deficit of like 2200 in the beginning) and she has headaches, loses balance and her pressure is very low.

Edited by Miracle

Lol

of course she’s starving herself to keep in line. At least she’s honest about it. But maybe it’s enough for her 

da sheer discipline I must commend her 

6 minutes ago, kandicha said:

Yeah I don’t think 1200 calories is that low for a short woman… I’m a short woman myself and trying to eat about that much and as long as you fill up with healthy low-calorie nutrient-rich foods it’s fine.

But yeah, when I was in university I started trying to lose weight because of my family’s history of heart disease and diabetes and I was absolutely floored when some woke body positivity activist types I knew started lecturing me about how losing weight was fatphobic… even after I mentioned all the health problems I was trying to avoid! Although I didn’t stay friends with them after that, I later joined a private Facebook group for alumni from my college who were trying to lose weight and the activists somehow found out that the group existed and tried to get it shut down :rip:I support not being rude to other people because of their weight but getting mad at anyone who tries to lose weight is just extremism.

People like this are insane :deadbanana2: what’s crazy is they preach about what’s healthy or not but they themselves don’t work out, don’t eat healthy + don't lead a healthy lifestyle. It’s one thing to lecture people about their diet if you’re an actual professional/lead a healthy lifestyle, but people will have literally no formal knowledge on health and nutrition trying to tell you what you should do with your body. 

Edited by BOOMBAYAH

she's GLOWING and HEALTHY in the video. maybe you should return that degree certificate after all. :clap3:

34 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

this

Not that second girl lecturing us on nutrition while being obese herself :skull:

She didn't say she eats that consistently, she only at that little when she wanted to lose weight. If that was her default she'd be "starving herself" but it's fine for a shorter period of time.

Taylucifer

they would also be mad at me then because i used to consume less than 1000 calories back in college :keir:

but yeah why do people care so much, it’s her body

People asked her to drop her fitness plan/eating habits and then get mad when she does just that. :skull:

RockStarShit101
44 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This is her body btw:

so5hdzdi5mx51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&alori-harvey-wearing-bra-vetements-low-ri

thank you god then proceed to post a thirst trap

:lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.