Lovers and Friends Festival gets messy and hot!

Mellark

Brandy tests positive for COVID; Alicia stans drag her again

People were raving about Ciara's performance so that all that really matters :gaycat5:

Who's idea was it to have a festival that's in an area flanked with large buildings in the background? It should be in an open space then there could be better spacing.

my bestie is in vegas rn and is going to it tomorrow. she didnt invite me so have fun i guess xx:sistrens:

wait just saw on twitter there was a shooting scare? people say it was a loud explosion and it caused a stampede.:eek:

I was there for the gun scare, it was so ******* terrifying :biblio: 

I turned around and saw a huge crowd of people running and screaming towards me so I ran and jumped over a vendor table and hid with the workers. it turned out to be false but the terror was real 

cassie's performance was iconic :heart:

in spite of all the mess, ciara tore that stage down :flame: 

best performance of the night

Tbh, all these one off festivals are always a hot ass mess. Spend your money on an established annual festival because they actually know what they’re doing.

No shocker, When We We’re Young is about to be just as big of a mess in the fall.

Edited by pokerfaceboy

I'm coming back from Vegas today. I went both days.

Saturday was a hot ass mess. I'm glad I did VIP because the GA was a struggle bus. The water stations were hot, people were passing out left and right from the heat. Artists like Mase were being Divas. Sounds issues and that "incident" But overall it was still one of best festival experiences I've ever had. So many 90s and 2000s artists in one roof was pure insanity. 

Sunday was way better and went extremely smoothly.  I will do it again if they ever have a second annual one.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:05 PM, kipperskipper said:

wait just saw on twitter there was a shooting scare? people say it was a loud explosion and it caused a stampede.:eek:

There was no shooting. Some idiot yelled GUN and everyone started running. I stayed ( they told us to stay put) and got  a good view of Usher/Luda/Lil Jon's set and Lauryn Hill.

I went Sunday. SO MANY GREAT PERFORMANCES!

I was bummed out about Brandy (the Aaliyah tribute would have been amazing, I saw at least 200 attendees Aaliyah shirts), but I got to see and enjoy TLC, Monica, Amerie, Ciara, SWV, Keith Sweat, Trina, Lil Kim, XScape, Mya, Lloyd, Cassie, Frankie J, Lauryn Hill & Wyclef Jean and so many others. Literally reliving my childhood and teenage good times!

21 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

I'm coming back from Vegas today. I went both days.

Saturday was a hot ass mess. I'm glad I did VIP because the GA was a struggle bus. The water stations were hot, people were passing out left and right from the heat. Artists like Mase were being Divas. Sounds issues and that "incident" But overall it was still one of best festival experiences I've ever had. So many 90s and 2000s artists in one roof was pure insanity. 

I would do it again. But absolutely no GA. I did hear about everything that went wrong and I'm glad they learned from it. 

I think they should shorten the line up moving forward. I dislike that people will have to pick and choose between artists rather than see them all perform. Either give everyone 15-30 minutes on one stage or 30 minutes a piece with very few overlaps on the four different stages. 

Edited by kishi

I was there all day Saturday, and the last 3-4 hours of Sunday. had a blast, and it was easily one of the best experiences of my life, despite Brandy, who I was most excited to see, not being there.

Roc Nation should take over it moving forward, Jay Z would have it perfectly organized. 

My co-worker left to Vegas. I was overhearing him last week talking about some festival with a long line-up.

I guess this was it. :dies:

2 hours ago, exfactor003 said:

I was there all day Saturday, and the last 3-4 hours of Sunday. had a blast, and it was easily one of the best experiences of my life, despite Brandy, who I was most excited to see, not being there.

I kinda wish I got there earlier Sunday. The cloud cover kept it cooler than Saturday. Then again I got mad videos now. 

6 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

I kinda wish I got there earlier Sunday. The cloud cover kept it cooler than Saturday. Then again I got mad videos now. 

have you posted them on Twitter or anywhere? I’m curious to see. I was concerned about taking any because my phone felt like it was on fire, hahaha.

my favourite sets were SWV and Kelis, that small Bling Stage was incredible.

I was there from 12pm to 12am. Still feeling it today, but glad I stayed for the entire thing.

Highly recommend taking advantage of the water refill station and the free water at every bar and stage. 

They were not allowing spray sunscreen in, but I think a small bottle of the regular sunscreen is fine. 

And definitely sit whenever possible. A lot of people were sitting down during the day.

11 hours ago, exfactor003 said:

have you posted them on Twitter or anywhere? I’m curious to see. I was concerned about taking any because my phone felt like it was on fire, hahaha.

my favourite sets were SWV and Kelis, that small Bling Stage was incredible.

I've recorded about 2 hours worth.of footage on my phone.ive posted on my IG stories. U played it smart. Put it in airplane mode when recording and ultra power saving mode when I wasn't using. Also loved the Bling Stage the most cuz I got soooo close to Dru Hill. It was an amazing weekend as someone who got lucky and left the main stage before the stampede

9 hours ago, kishi said:

I was there from 12pm to 12am. Still feeling it today, but glad I stayed for the entire thing.

Highly recommend taking advantage of the water refill station and the free water at every bar and stage. 

They were not allowing spray sunscreen in, but I think a small bottle of the regular sunscreen is fine. 

And definitely sit whenever possible. A lot of people were sitting down during the day.

I got a foot massage before my flight Monday and it still hurts.

2 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

I've recorded about 2 hours worth.of footage on my phone.ive posted on my IG stories. U played it smart. Put it in airplane mode when recording and ultra power saving mode when I wasn't using. Also loved the Bling Stage the most cuz I got soooo close to Dru Hill. It was an amazing weekend as someone who got lucky and left the main stage before the stampede

airplane mode, I will keep that in mind! it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I had pretty much zero service all day, haha.

I got kind of lucky regarding the stampede as well, as I was watching Monica, then made it back in time for Lauryn Hill’s short Saturday set, haha.

Coko Clemons liked & commented on this pic that I posted. :sosad:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdl_3UXP64e/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

also, any Chanté Moore fans? she is one of my all-time faves, and based on pure luck and coincidence, I ran into her at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday.

Edited by exfactor003

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.