Eurovision Song Contest 2023 | Loreen does it again!

Queen Conchita

11 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

What’s the point in Blanka holding a mic? She’s not even singing :bibliahh:

MTE. :dies:

7 minutes ago, igninton said:

Iceland serving 9 year old having a tantrum in a public park bc her mother took away her Switch 

I'm screaming at the accuracy :deadbanana2: I was thinking Iceland would be 10th or 11th but now I don't know anymore...

Georgia, Cyprus, Slovenia ate it up today. I also enjoyed Lithuania and Australia, they should both qualify. Austria is disappointing af.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• BOOM!

• Fevesy

• Lil Mxnster

-"Mom i want Fuego!"

-"No! We have Fuego at home."

-Fuego at home:

Updated Q predictions post-rehearsals:

SF1:

Croatia, Czechia, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Serbia, Sweden

SF2:

Albania, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Slovenia

Miss Monika has the best staging of Semifinal 2 and that alone will carry her through the Grand Final with ease. :heart2:

She needs to bring back the First Rehearsal dress tho, this one is really not it and I don't know why she changed it, the other one would look so much better on camera.

1 minute ago, abelfenty said:

Updated Q predictions post-rehearsals:

SF1:

Croatia, Czechia, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Serbia, Sweden

SF2:

Albania, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Slovenia

I don't see it at all.

Don't know why y'all are so gagged by a white hotel sheet and a fan. Her voice tone is utterly annoying too and it doesn't help that she's literally screaming the whole song away so a televote-only semifinal will most likely not carry her through.

My god, to say that the 30 sec clips were underwhelming would be an understatement. I really thought 2022 was bad, but BBC somehow made it even worse :toofunny3:

Did the BBC put their B-team on Eurovision while the actual professionals are doing the coronation or something?

Edited by Funhouse

I mean these arent GREAT but theyre much better than the clips we got yesterday.

Albania, Australia and Lithuania are 100% qualifying

Cyprus looks AMAZING. Georgia, Slovenia, Lithuania, and Poland also look good.

Greece serving "we're contractually obligated to be here and are letting the kid do whatever he wants." Give us something ethnic next year, PLEASE.

Yeah this is seriously the worst year we've had in ages, the technical side only looks not as bad because its following RAI's mess

BBC aside there's also massive bombs in both song quality and staging :deadbanana2:

The stars are aligning for a bad winner I fear :redface:

8 minutes ago, igninton said:

I don't see it at all.

Don't know why y'all are so gagged by a white hotel sheet and a fan. Her voice tone is utterly annoying too and it doesn't help that she's literally screaming the whole song away so a televote-only semifinal will most likely not carry her through.

Georgia will qualify, but I imagine she will be given a death slot. But I hope this is a start of a Eurovision renaissance for them, as Georgia has such an amazing music culture.

19 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

-"Mom i want Fuego!"

-"No! We have Fuego at home."

-Fuego at home:

What is this 2003 mess?

Imagine wanting RAI back because they did a better job. 

The bar is in hell :deadbanana2:

Camera work: all wrong. There are too many wide shots, the camera movements feel sluggish and unfocused, and the editing is not dynamic enough. The cinematography generally doesn't feel thoughtful, purposeful, or artistic.

Stage design: weird. The proportions of the stage are off. Everything feels small, flat, boxed-in, and far away. It's especially noticeable when countries are using the main stage. Some of the countries are making good use of the rotating LED panels, but the LEDs look low-quality and the black bars ruin a lot of the visuals

Lighting design: dated. Everything feels a little underwhelming after 2 years of truly state of the art lighting installations. I don't know if they're using worse equipment or if they're just not making good use of what they have, but the lighting doesn't feel as impactful as Rotterdam or Turin.

I mean, let's be honest most of them are not even looking at the right cameras. That's also either a lack of rehearsals at home or lack of TV/stage experience...

31 minutes ago, igninton said:

Miss Monika has the best staging of Semifinal 2 and that alone will carry her through the Grand Final with ease. :heart2:

She needs to bring back the First Rehearsal dress tho, this one is really not it and I don't know why she changed it, the other one would look so much better on camera.

She herself didn't like that dress and was uncomfortable in it. Tbh neither is amazing, but I like this new one a bit better, it was made in two days and it's not the final product, they are still working on it. The first one was tacky and sad looking imho.

The ugly one with the guitar is doing entirely too much in Slovenia's rehearsal clip

2 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

The ugly one with the guitar is doing entirely too much in Slovenia's rehearsal clip

eye- :deadbanana4:

42 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Georgia will qualify, but I imagine she will be given a death slot. But I hope this is a start of a Eurovision renaissance for them, as Georgia has such an amazing music culture.

They did what the kids are doing new at a time where it wasn't cool at all 

It's still one of my fave rock entries at ESC ever :WAP:

I feel terrible for that little Greek boy…

And EBU/BBC are going to make him stand on stage be told he’s NQ’d. Grotesque!

Edited by Gogetonthebus

24 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

She herself didn't like that dress and was uncomfortable in it. Tbh neither is amazing, but I like this new one a bit better, it was made in two days and it's not the final product, they are still working on it. The first one was tacky and sad looking imho.

I disagree completely, it added some flare to the staging and the concept, this one feels way too serious. I'll wait until I see the final touches I guess.

The :flame: Movie Maker effect in Poland's performance...

ONTD Original: ONTD GIF Masterpost!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.