Jump to content

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 | Liverpool hosts!


Queen Conchita
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Well..

 

**** no! :bibliahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Funhouse

    9

  • Blackthorn

    30

  • Gogetonthebus

    11

  • Gwendolyn

    12

42 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Well..

 

So… Mariupol 2023? :sistrens:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

Those of y'all who have attended a Eurovision in person, how hard is the process to make it all happen?

 

I think I make enough money now that I can afford the week's trip in Europe.  Are getting tickets hard?  I'm sure the grand finale is extremely hard to get tickets for, but what about the final jury show or the semi finals?  How far in advance to you book hotels/flights?  If anyone has some advice moving forward, let me know (here or PM is fine) because this would obviously be an amazing experience to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, gimmelaugh said:

Daria should represent Poland in 2023
 

 

but this is serving NQ tho… :celestial5:

 

3 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I think Sweden will host, personally I don't want the UK to host, I rather us host with a genuine win after so many years :heart:

 

Also if Sweden hosts we may see Petra and Mäns again so yas :jonny5:

as long as they won’t make him perform the 13th rendition of heroes on the eurovision stage again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

but this is serving NQ tho… :celestial5:

I think she would have a chance at qualifying and finishing top 15 as long as they give her choreography that she's capable of executing well cause dancer she is not:giraffe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can Turkey please return? I get that the country is a shitshow politically but they always kinda slayed in the contest :giraffe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suspilne will be discussing holding Eurovision 2023 in Ukraine with EBU on Friday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, nasa said:

Suspilne will be discussing holding Eurovision 2023 in Ukraine with EBU on Friday

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not going to take place in Ukraine.

 

I think one of the Big 5 will host. UK or Spain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you really think the EBU is going to risk hosting it next year in Ukraine fully knowing that it could be on Russia's target and put all performers and delegations in danger (regardless of how/if the conflict ends)?

 

If they end up hosting it in Ukraine I can see some delegations withdrawing for the year for security concerns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised they're even able to afford to host it, regardless of the status of the war next year.

 

Edit:

 

Because of the cost of rebuilding afterwards being more of a priority than hosting Eurovision I mean.

Edited by Benjamin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will likely be a Big 5 country, but there is an outside chance that Poland could host (if the Big 5 agree to provide additional support). It would make logistical sense for the Ukrainian broadcaster, and showcase their relationship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, igninton said:

Do you really think the EBU is going to risk hosting it next year in Ukraine fully knowing that it could be on Russia's target and put all performers and delegations in danger (regardless of how/if the conflict ends)?

 

If they end up hosting it in Ukraine I can see some delegations withdrawing for the year for security concerns. 

Watch yourself. I made a similar comment Saturday and got suspended for two days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope none of the runner-ups get to host :sorry: I can already imagine dumbasses say "we get to host therefore we're the REAL winners :juanny:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice if it was hold in Moldova since they are neighbours and I think they never hosted. It would be big for such a small country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 12:39 PM, khalyan said:

Those of y'all who have attended a Eurovision in person, how hard is the process to make it all happen?

 

I think I make enough money now that I can afford the week's trip in Europe.  Are getting tickets hard?  I'm sure the grand finale is extremely hard to get tickets for, but what about the final jury show or the semi finals?  How far in advance to you book hotels/flights?  If anyone has some advice moving forward, let me know (here or PM is fine) because this would obviously be an amazing experience to have.

It really varies from year to year tbh. I went to Lisbon in 2018 and managed to get Grand Final tickets and lucked into an extra ticket to Semi-Final 1. (Was supposed to go in 2020 too, but...:cries:)

 

The family and jury shows are definitely easier to get than the live shows, but it's the luck of the draw when they go on sale. I'd recommend joining your country's OGAE and being active, as they get a special batch of tickets released to them each year.

 

As far as hotels/flights, I'd recommend booking a refundable hotel as soon as the dates/host city are announced. Prices will skyrocket quickly due to demand, but there will be people who cancel later on because they were unable to get tickets or their plans changed.

 

Flights will vary, because depending on location, you may be able to fly into cheaper destination and take a train to the host city.

 

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions! Seeing the live shows was fun, but the entire week with other fans in beautiful Lisbon was a lifetime highlight for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Gogetonthebus said:

It really varies from year to year tbh. I went to Lisbon in 2018 and managed to get Grand Final tickets and lucked into an extra ticket to Semi-Final 1. (Was supposed to go in 2020 too, but...:cries:)

 

The family and jury shows are definitely easier to get than the live shows, but it's the luck of the draw when they go on sale. I'd recommend joining your country's OGAE and being active, as they get a special batch of tickets released to them each year.

 

As far as hotels/flights, I'd recommend booking a refundable hotel as soon as the dates/host city are announced. Prices will skyrocket quickly due to demand, but there will be people who cancel later on because they were unable to get tickets or their plans changed.

 

Flights will vary, because depending on location, you may be able to fly into cheaper destination and take a train to the host city.

 

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions! Seeing the live shows was fun, but the entire week with other fans in beautiful Lisbon was a lifetime highlight for me.

Thank you for all this info!  I'll join the rest of the world OGAE soon and keep my eyes open.

 

As soon as the host location is set, I'll try to buy the hotel and start tracking plane tickets prices for around the area.  I'll definitely keep you in mind if I have any questions moving forward!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Thank you for all this info!  I'll join the rest of the world OGAE soon and keep my eyes open.

 

As soon as the host location is set, I'll try to buy the hotel and start tracking plane tickets prices for around the area.  I'll definitely keep you in mind if I have any questions moving forward!  

Be as quick as possible, some people even book different hotels in different cities when the host country is announced and then when the host city is officially announced they cancel the other ones and book the flights straight away because as soon as the host city is announced the prices will skyrocket (both for flights and accommodations) and most accommodations will be booked within the day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator

I'm watching Eurovision 2017 for the first time and while I have my full thoughts later, I just want to know how on earth Germany wasn't disqualified for it's obvious copying of Titanium? :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 6:39 PM, khalyan said:

Those of y'all who have attended a Eurovision in person, how hard is the process to make it all happen?

 

I think I make enough money now that I can afford the week's trip in Europe.  Are getting tickets hard?  I'm sure the grand finale is extremely hard to get tickets for, but what about the final jury show or the semi finals?  How far in advance to you book hotels/flights?  If anyone has some advice moving forward, let me know (here or PM is fine) because this would obviously be an amazing experience to have.

yeah but not next year in Ukraine...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 1:24 AM, Blackthorn said:

I hope none of the runner-ups get to host :sorry: I can already imagine dumbasses say "we get to host therefore we're the REAL winners :juanny:

I don't remember the Bulgaria stans saying this when it became the host country after Italy refused to host JESC 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, khalyan said:

I'm watching Eurovision 2017 for the first time and while I have my full thoughts later, I just want to know how on earth Germany wasn't disqualified for it's obvious copying of Titanium? :rip: 

Legindvina serving us more of the same when she unveiled her “big revamp” of the song was such a kii too :toofunny2:  Even better was when she said “I guess it will be another 2 years before Germany does well at Eurovision, and then they came top 5 the following year :toofunny2: she has now changed her stage name and wiped all mention of Eurovision from her socials!

 

I’ve been walking asleep

Dreaming awake

Finding I bend but I don’t break

 

5CoSrP.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EW5NC9QU4AAhXTW?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the US and the UK agree to institute a no fly zone over Kyiv so that we can host Eurovision safely next year :smitten: 

 

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...