Celebs do not want to collab with Iggy Azalea! "maybe I am bad for business"

SmittenCake

Iggy Azalea has opened up about the ‘fakeness’ within the music industry after admitting she struggled to land big name collaborations for her last album.

The Fancy hitmaker has released her third and final album, End of An Era, as she closes the chapter on her career as an active recording artist.It features songs with new and rising stars such as BIA, Sophia Scott and Ellise, but none of the well-known faces she’s worked with in the past, such as Britney Spears, Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson.

"the silver lining to that [not being able to work with mainstream artists] it's forced me to go out and find talent"

‘People might like your pictures but that doesn’t mean they’ll send you a f*****g verse. They’re busy or they wanna do the next song or they wanna write with you in the studio, whatever the f**k it is.’

She then joked: ‘Thank you for liking my pictures though, I like yours too, you’re hot,’ adding: ‘It is what it is, I didn’t even feel a type of way about that to be honest with you.’

Amethyst Kelly, continued: ‘Yes, the industry is fake, yes, I do ask bigger artists to be on my songs, [but] yes they’re always sick or washing their hair that day. It’s OK, I understand I’m a controversial person to work with. Maybe I’m bad for business.’

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• Communion

• Britney Jean

• Archetype

she's always complaining about this. Girl just let it go :rip: Everyone in entertainment is fake. You aint pulling numbers anymore and everyone only cares about money and what you can bring to the table financially speaking. 

She needs to learn from fellow collaborator, law breaker and flop who STILL collects checks on the regular, miss Rita Ora. Rita does not complain, no she doesn't. She just stays silent, blackfishes, waits for the opportunity and BAM you have a headline every few months stating she landed a pretty big gig for a C lister. Iggy should try that strategy and see where it gets her instead of constantly DMing ppl begging for collabs and then moaning about it when they dont want to or ignore her.

Edited by IBeMe

Oh, this is sad. She was done so wrong. 

She is an untalented flop, what did she expect? She got the big names when her stuff was selling. She should be grateful she has a career at all considering her music is garbage and her entire persona is a racist caricature.

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

she's always complaining about this. Girl just let it go :rip: Everyone in entertainment is fake. You aint pulling numbers anymore and everyone only cares about money and what you can bring to the table financially speaking. 

She needs to learn from fellow collaborator, law breaker and flop who STILL collects checks on the regular, miss Rita Ora. Rita does not complain, no she doesn't. She just stays silent, blackfishes, waits for the opportunity and BAM you have a headline every few months stating she landed a pretty big gig for a C lister. Iggy should try that strategy and see where it gets her instead of constantly DMing ppl begging for collabs and then moaning about it when they dont want to or ignore her.

If you watched the video, she is very chill about how big-named artists don't want to be associated with her and she's very understanding of that. Not being attached to a major label and bringing in more money while independent has given her the chance to open up her own perfume company and make up line. She's on the way to tour with Pitbull again as well as performing at major gigs this summer. 

5 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

:clap3:

giphy.gif

or

yYIo2lI.gif

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She is an untalented flop, what did she expect? She got the big names when her stuff was selling. She should be grateful she has a career at all considering her music is garbage and her entire persona is a racist caricature.

There's an entire sea of untalented rappers and Iggy Azalea isn't one of them. She has an alias and writes for other artists now. As for her having a "racist caricature" persona, that's just false. 

It’s probably super frustrating to going from being the “next big thing” to basically be seeing like a liability in the industry, so I get it, but it’s the name of the game. 

If she was still getting #1 hits she’d probably be focused on getting A-list collabs rather than helping emerging artists herself. 

4 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yet yall stan jack harlow

Funny you mention this, considering on twitter it seems like this could possibly be the end for Jack Harlow. The audience that catapulted him to fame seem to have turned against him.

this is old but yeah it must suck going from being at the top of the industry to nobody above a list working with you anymore :rip: her situation isn’t that bad though, upcoming artists still want to work with her 

Why would successful acts want to do collabs with someone seen as a flop?

How many mainstream pop girls are working with people like Azealia, Cupcakke, etc?

Damn that’s sad. Starbucks is offering $15 an hour plus tuition reimbursement. 

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

How many mainstream pop girls are working with people like Azealia, Cupcakke, etc?

Drake, Cardi, Post etc send verses to literal nobodies all the time.
She been done wrong, but she will be fine, I guess.

DefinitiveSorrowfulCrayfish-max-1mb.thum

I mean it's true. But she would do the same if she was in their position :michael:

And don't quote me with the Tinashe collab. Tinashe was coming off of a top 30 smash, pleaseee :jonnycat:

Her decline still baffles me :rip: but yeah at least shes moving on

15 minutes ago, konaa said:

Damn that’s sad. Starbucks is offering $15 an hour plus tuition reimbursement. 

Starbucks starts at $12

keep your anti-working-class comments to yourself. 

13 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

Drake, Cardi, Post etc send verses to literal nobodies all the time

We're talking about pop stars, not rappers. Lots of rappers are willing to work with Iggy for the right price. Aren't the two most successful songs of her last 5 years of a career due to Tyga being willing to work with her? :skull:

Since 2018, she's worked with:
- Tyga
- Wiz Khalifa

- Quavo
- Lil Yachty
- Kash Doll
- Stini
- Juicy J
- Bia

Again, she's clearly whining about POP STARS not wanting her for a rap feature, but what pop stars are going to go to a rapper who can't offer them anything commercially or whose work they don't respect? 

She lacks the self-awareness to realize most rappers who collab with her don't even see her as a fellow rapper but see her as the pop star they're hoping on a track for a paycheck for. :skull:

Y'all keep trying to make people feel bad for her despite her getting much farther than most with her skillset would go. Sis should just be thankful for the coins she made along the way and go be a creative director or something. Being seen as a respected rapper isn't some entitlement. 

Edited by Communion

She’s so funny in the interview ajskks. Queen deserved better :monkey:

I admire how she doesn't seem fazed by any of it. She went through a lot. Being a mother must help too. 

Was never a fan but the people, the industry were unfair to her. She was used as a target. 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

There are many formerly successful artists who eventually flopped and yet were still able to either make a comeback or continue to collab with A list artists.  TNC was a massively successful era and Iggy is still very much a known name to other artists, so the way she has been blacklisted by the industry is really gross.  The industry is willing to give the most s**t artists a platform all the time (just look at the top 10), and extremely problematic artists and actual criminals continue to score major collabs and hits, but Iggy is somehow off-limits?  

Just now, Archetype said:

There are many formerly successful artists who eventually flopped and yet were still able to either make a comeback

Okay so list all of the female rappers who got famous for collabing with pop girls and made comebacks in ways that Iggy is being denied.

*hands mic over*

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Okay so list all of the female rappers who got famous for collabing with pop girls and made comebacks in ways that Iggy is being denied.

*hands mic over*

I never specified this to “female rappers who got famous for collabing with pop girls” and then flopped with no comeback, but you’re right in the way I can’t really think of any.

I was a fan of Iggy when she dropped her first mixtapes well before Fancy was ever a thing.  She had a large following back then and was constantly hyped on “reputable” music blogs.  She came from nothing and fought hard (looks obviously helped) to get her record deal. 

Then she put out Fancy, commercial pop collabs and rap-pop music (not unlike other major female rappers, just look at Nicki at her peak and Doja now) and became super famous from that.  She put everything into her performances, music videos, photoshoots, and making music that was palatable to the GP.

Iggy has put out some major bops that would have sounded at home on any Doja project, and yet no one wants to give her a chance anymore.  Maybe it just comes down to how much they charge for a verse and Iggy can’t supply, idk.  Either way, her downfall will always be odd to me.  

how many times is she going to cry about this :bibliahh: you’re not entitled to a collab, especially if the quality of your music tanked into oblivion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.