Bette Midler blasted for breastfeeding comment

Genius1111

Baby formula contains milk powder and in most cases, lactose, that gets infants hooked on dairy, setting them up for a life of health complications, is generally terrible & even has a history of being toxic & deadly.

There should be better & unbiased dietary education for parents who are struggling, as there are countless plant based alternatives that haven’t been impacted. Peas, beans, lentils & soy yoghurt make great options as a baby’s first foods and are easy to mash & blend.

Edited by FOCK

Sometimes a person’s soul matches their face

17 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Baby formula contains milk powder and in most cases, lactase,

Breast milk contains lactose... Lactase is an enzyme that breaks down lactose... 

23 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Baby formula contains milk powder and in most cases, lactase, that gets infants hooked on dairy, setting them up for a life of health complications, is generally terrible & even has a history of being toxic & deadly.

There should be better & unbiased dietary education for parents who are struggling, as there are countless plant based alternatives that haven’t been impacted. Peas, beans, lentils & soy yoghurt make great options as a baby’s first foods and are easy to mash & blend.

Yikes, stick to commenting on pop girls. You do realize we literally evolved to drink breast milk, which is MILK aka lactase, dairy? And millions of people eat dairy their whole lives with zero issues? This post is giving radical ignorant vegan teas. I pray your own children don’t grow up malnourished.

Just now, Protocol said:

Yikes, stick to commenting on pop girls. You do realize we literally evolved to drink breast milk, which is MILK aka lactase, dairy? This post is giving radical ignorant vegan teas. I pray your own children don’t grow up malnourished.

I screamed at the peas, beans, lentils & soy yoghurt bit. Summer Walker tease.

Just now, Skins said:

Unhinged lunatics trying to tell women not to feed their children properly. Throw away the key.

59 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Yikes, stick to commenting on pop girls. You do realize we literally evolved to drink breast milk, which is MILK aka lactase, dairy? And millions of people eat dairy their whole lives with zero issues? This post is giving radical ignorant vegan teas. I pray your own children don’t grow up malnourished.

Get her :bibliahh:

Like I wish I could live my life delusional conviction as these people do. 

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

Baby formula contains milk powder and in most cases, lactase, that gets infants hooked on dairy, setting them up for a life of health complications, is generally terrible & even has a history of being toxic & deadly.

:ahh:

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

I said lactase when I meant lactose, so my bad, it’s an easy key slip - and I was obviously referring to cow milk, not human. 

Most people are lactose intolerant to varying degrees - and no, we didn’t evolve to drink another species’ milk. We are the only animal that does this. Health issues attributed to cow milk and it’s byproducts are well documented. 

We can support parents who are reliant on formula & currently can’t access it, by educating them on healthier alternatives. There’s nothing radical or ignorant about that statement. 

lol @ “get her”, nothing was got but misinformation.

Edited by FOCK

I mean, did she lie? Obviously she didn't mean people who are unable to breastfeed. If I say "people should take the bike more instead of taking cars", do I need to specify that I don't mean people who need to use a wheelchair? 

Edited by Dephira

6 hours ago, FOCK said:

I said lactase when I meant lactose, so my bad, it’s an easy key slip - and I was obviously referring to cow milk, not human. 

Most people are lactose intolerant to varying degrees - and no, we didn’t evolve to drink another species’ milk. We are the only animal that does this. Health issues attributed to cow milk and it’s byproducts are well documented. 

We can support parents who are reliant on formula & currently can’t access it, by educating them on healthier alternatives. There’s nothing radical or ignorant about that statement. 

You said nothing wrong, don't pay attention to them they like to gang up on folks to regain a sense of power for reasons that we all can guess :gaycat6:

Edited by oilheiress

6 hours ago, Dephira said:

I mean, did she lie? Obviously she didn't mean people who are unable to breastfeed. If I say "people should take the bike more instead of taking cars", do I need to specify that I don't mean people who need to use a wheelchair? 

This lmao. I'm sick and tired of this trend where people have to think of/take into account every single marginal/minority case before they get to open their mouth, I mean you can't even say 'women give birth' anymore like??? Bette said nothing wrong and gave the kind of response you would get from MOST PEOPLE in the real world :cm:

Edited by oilheiress

6 hours ago, Dephira said:

This  Dumb thread.

10 hours ago, FOCK said:

Not me, and the reason for that is an evolutionary adaptation. All my grandparents ate cheese and milk daily and lived till their 90s. 

naur it's trew it's trew

9 hours ago, Dephira said:

3 hours ago, oilheiress said:

This lmao. I'm sick and tired of this trend where people have to think of/take into account every single marginal/minority case before they get to open their mouth, I mean you can't even say 'women give birth' anymore like??? Bette said nothing wrong and gave the kind of response you would get from MOST PEOPLE in the real world :cm:

Share with everyone what you thought infant mortality rates were before the invention of baby formula - quickly.

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

Share with everyone what you thought infant mortality rates were before the invention of baby formula - quickly.

Since formula was invented literally many decades or even centuries ago, can you explain what you think you are accomplishing by comparing infant mortality rates from today with those of like 1900 - given that they have decreased for a multitude of reasons since then?

I can however share with everyone that breastfeeding is associated with a lower rate of morbidity for both the baby and the mother

12 hours ago, Skins said:

Right? :lmao: Gays should probably mind their own business when it comes to how mothers nourish their babies. 

10 hours ago, FOCK said:

Except we literally did. Look up lactase persistence which evolved in the Neolithic when humans began managing cattle, sheep and goat. We literally evolved to be able to digest lactose into adulthood due to agriculture changing our diets  :priceless: 

It is best to breastfeed a baby but this has nothing to do with consuming other animals milk. 

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

given that they have decreased for a multitude of reasons since then?

One of the main reasons being the invention of baby formula due to the prominence of malnutrition leading to death. :skull:

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

I'm sorry but this is like frightening levels of illiteracy. No serious person is attacking breastfeeding. :skull:

Of course babies who are breast-fed have high chances of survival - they have a guaranteed food source.

It's not breastfeeding vs formula; it's not eating vs having formula, which is the issue you and Bette are ignoring.

The comparison to cars makes no sense. You're ironically sounding just like the people you mock because you sound like naturalists going: "Oh, there's a shortage on minerals to make certain medications? Well just drink juices and eat vegetables to cure your cancer! We don't need medications! We've been living without them for centuries!" :skull:

Infant mortality used to be as high as it was because not every mother can breastfeed - a substantial amount. The debate of breastfeeding vs formula isn't some ethical one; 97% of mothers breastfeed at the start then that number drops to the low 70s range in the first year because of women struggling to continue producing milk.

The invention of baby formula was a medical intervention. Chiming into a medical crisis with ~woo natural so much inherently better woo~ babble like Bette has done, and which you've decided to defend, is unserious. No one is criticizing her for being ~offensive~; they're criticizing an out-of-touch rich person for being dumb. :skull:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

i don't see how that's relevant to my post and quite frankly i don't care, it's not a topic of interest to me lmao my issue was with people getting ganged up on whenever they opened their mouth  

2 minutes ago, oilheiress said:

my issue was with people getting ganged up on whenever they opened their mouth  

People who think the Earth is flat probably love you then. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.