Complex: Diddy wants Travis uncanceled bc he's guilty of stampede tht killed 9 people

Bimbo

Love and forgiveness. Those are the two themes that Sean “Diddy” Combs is embracing for his first-time stint as host and executive producer of the 2022 Billboard Music Awards. When it was announced earlier this week that Travis Scott would be joining a performer lineup that includes Morgan Wallen, Silk Sonic and Megan Thee Stallion, Combs noted on Instagram, “I made a request; I made a demand. I said my brother Travis Scott has to perform … And NBC said yes.”

"The mood of the show is about love and forgiveness. As a musical family, none of us are saints; none of us are without things that happen to them in life. So one of the things I’m doing directly is un-canceling the canceled. That’s breaking news because people haven’t been about uncanceling. But canceling is a trend that needs to stop.

Travis Scott went through a tragedy; Morgan [used the N-word] while talking to his boy. People make mistakes. Now we’re moving on with love and respect for everybody that was hurt or affected. It’s time to forgive. To have Morgan and Travis be able to come back and touch the stage again with the mindset of getting a second chance at life. Everybody in the room is getting a second chance at life, you know, because we’re back inside with no masks on. We need love and I’m excited about celebrating that."

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/sean-diddy-talks-travis-scott-morgan-wallen-2022-billboard-music-awards-1235070050/

-

Update:

It’s fitting that Diddy would be one of the people standing with Travis and trying to bring him back to the stage. Diddy is familiar with being lambasted as the face of a venue tragedy, because of the 1991 City College of New York incident, which has eerie parallels with Astroworld. 30 years ago, nine people died and 29 more were seriously injured after an overflow of people inside the CCNY gymnasium caused people to be trampled. Diddy and Heavy D were co-sponsoring a celebrity basketball game and concert with superstars like LL Cool J and Mike Tyson in attendance.

The Dinkins’ administration released a 67-page report on the incident titled “A Failure Of Responsibility.” The report blamed Heavy D and Puff Daddy for inadequate security, and Puff for delegating responsibilities to people who Mollens believed were too inexperienced to handle an event of that scope. CCNY administration was chided for taking “little initiative” to learn the nature and size of the event.

Several of the victims of the stampede filed lawsuits against City College and Puff, who was derided in the media with headlines such as “Rap-Tragedy Villain Is A Fool Named Puff Daddy.” MTV reported that the rap mogul has paid a total of $750,00 to “settle claims by relatives of deceased” attendees.

Despite all the ire he’s facing, recent album teasers indicate that Travis is trying to go forward with his career, and Diddy, who has an idea of the weight of the guilt he may be feeling, is trying to look out for him. Diddy’s career vaulted into the stratosphere after the CCNY incident, as his ability to find talent and star quality carried him through the controversy. Now, Diddy’s career timeline is stocked with so much other history that many young fans even know about the CCNY incident, which came back into the news cycle after Astroworld. But the tragedy is unforgettable for CCNY victims and their loved ones, as it is for those of Astroworld.

Complex

Edited by Bimbo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bimbo

• Michael196

• Into The Void

• BrokenMachine

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean Travis sure needs this more than Morgan Wallen

• ATRL Administrator

Give Danity Kane their money, bitch!

Please give me money and access he cried

• ATRL Moderator

The people who died don’t get a second chance so. That’s nice for him. 

NBC is a mess for this :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

When was Morgan Wallen "cancelled"? He literally won AOTY at the Country Music Awards this year. :rip: 

Well you’re neither apart of the community that actually got a backbone nor apart of the families that were affected by that tragedy, therefore it’s not you choice.

stfu and stay leaching off the few relevant years you once had, like you’ve been doing for the past two decades...

25 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Travis Scott went through a tragedy

What a weird and unrespectful wording for the families of the victims :biblio:

He was RESPONSIBLE for that tragedy. And he's yet to pay for the awful things he did

For the Morgan stuff... anything to bring the MAGA's ratings I guess.

Edited by BrokenMachine

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

When was Morgan Wallen "cancelled"? He literally won AOTY at the Country Music Awards this year. :rip: 

And about to get his second #1 on country radio after 5 seconds of boycott...

I'm not impressed. Uncancel XXXTentacion or something.

1 minute ago, ToMmY said:

Uncancel XXXTentacion or something.

He's already d-word. It's not like anything else could be done at this point. He won't release new music or stuff like that :swan:

• ATRL Moderator

I think people deserve a chance to redeem themselves if they show they’re truly sorry and genuinely want to grow….something neither Morgan nor Travis has done. 

Yikes.

Shocking comments from the Boyz cameo-maker

the people who can forgive are the ones who lost family members during the concert and that's not you for damn sure

29 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

Give Danity Kane their money, *****!

That part

R. Kelly will be doing an intimate performance of I Believe I Can Fly via satellite from Jackson County Correctional Facility :cupid:

Forgiveness is good but u have to earn it

Do we know who is getting the Phil Spector Lifetime Achievement Award yet?

50 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

Give Danity Kane their money, *****!

YES, EXACTLY!

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

It’s funny how Diddy thinks he’s some gatekeeper to culture and he has that much sway over anyones opinion. Your career or influence ended well over a decade ago. It’s a joke he is producing this show, but I mean the BBMAs have always been weird. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.