Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

it's literally compared in the song? a quote by a trans black man? 

In a different context then those in this thread are expressing.

Just now, Hephaestus said:

You're right on one thing: they're absolutely not comparable and that's because homo/transphobia are way more widespread than racism in countries outside of the US. In some parts of the world it's literally illegal to be LGBTQ+, and the punishments for it go from jail to death. I really don't want to make this a "oh this issue is bigger than the other" since we're talking about people suffering on both cases, but just to point out that while racism might be more prominent some countries more than others, homo/transphobia is literally everywhere, no matter the skin color, sex and gender. If we condemn the use of the n-word, the bare minimum is to do the same with the ***.

Alright, now this is where I'm going to stop you. Anti-blackness is rampant in every single country just as you want to say Homo/transphobia is. You don't need a huge black population to have a country of Anti-blackness (South America & Asia are a prime example of this). Condemn the word, I agree with you, but it was used differently in this song vs other uses of the word. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Vermillion

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

Exactly. As a gay black man myself, the homophobia I’ve dealt with in my own community trumps any racism I’ve dealt with ever. That’s just my experience but it’s valid to me. My entire family still thinks gay people are satans spawns :deadbanana2:. My grandmother wouldn’t even let my gay uncle on her property after he came out.

To sit here and act like he’s excused and allowed to say the *** because “it doesn’t hold as much weight” is SUCH an ignorant thing to say on a forum literally used by majority LGBTQ+.

The constant mental gymnastics ugh. 

Period.

So it is a minimal issue but he still should not be using the word. 

Straight people always feel entitled to manipulate and control the gay experience without regard to our humanity.  This is just another example of a long history.  

3 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I’m not going to engage with people who are defending a straight man using a gay slur, but I do want to just generally apologize to any gay people reading this who have to, on a forum comprised primarily of LGBTQ+ people, defend being offended by it. Y’all are being gaslit and it’s really sad. I honestly didn’t expect people would be grasping at straws to defend this pretending that “context” is ok.

We all know that other marginalized communities get extended far more empathy when people use slurs against them in any “context”, and despite the exact same logic, people want to gaslit LGBTQ+ people into thinking it’s “not the same.” It’s the exact same logic whether people want to admit it or not. It’s so disheartening to read people grasping at straws to defend this, as well as people having to defend why they’re offended by the use of a slur used seven times.  :rip: 

:clap3:

“my auntie is a man now” 6000 times :biblio: I love how we give rappers a free pass because they’re rappers and it’s “taboo” to talk about these things in the rap community so “omg wow!!!” when one does the absolute bare minimum.

14 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

In a different context then those in this thread are expressing.

Alright, now this is where I'm going to stop you. Anti-blackness is rampant in every single country just as you want to say Homo/transphobia is. You don't need a huge black population to have a country of Anti-blackness (South America & Asia are a prime example of this). Condemn the word, I agree with you, but it was used differently in this song vs other uses of the word. 

31 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

I didn't say it isn't, but as far as I know there aren't laws that result in the imprisonment or death of people of color, black people specifically. Same for marriages and adoption. This doesn't mean that they don't face racism in many other ways, but when even the law is against you (like, literally black on white) and literally nothing you can do, you can see how the perspective shifts. And even if the word has a deeper meaning in the context of the song, LGBTQ+ people have every right to be upset about about straight people (Kendrick included) singing it like it's a non issue.

Edited by Hephaestus

29 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

People who are part of the LGBTQ community can voice their criticism about straight man using the f-slur however they want so stop gaslighting people and try to tell them how they should feel about the topic. 

You are only embarrassing yourself more and more. 

Except "well now Morgan wallen will make n worrd music" isn't a valid excuse for a black man speaking on his experiences. You don't control what I post or what Kendrick raps about and never will. Take the fake outrage elsewhere, I'm not buying that fake trash.

The fact that if a white artist used the word, the N word or racism wouldn't even be coming into discussion in this thread, and it certainly wouldn't reach 20+ pages so quickly. :skull:

It's absolutely valid to not be okay with him saying the *** regardless of the context and to criticise him for it, but if you can't express that without bringing up the N word or racism up then this is how you come across:

"It's not fair! If he can say the *** then we should be allowed to say the N word!!

200.gif"

3 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I’m not going to engage with people who are defending a straight man using a gay slur, but I do want to just generally apologize to any gay people reading this who have to, on a forum comprised primarily of LGBTQ+ people, defend being offended by it. Y’all are being gaslit and it’s really sad. I honestly didn’t expect people would be grasping at straws to defend this pretending that “context” is ok.

We all know that other marginalized communities get extended far more empathy when people use slurs against them in any “context”, and despite the exact same logic, people want to gaslit LGBTQ+ people into thinking it’s “not the same.” It’s the exact same logic whether people want to admit it or not. It’s so disheartening to read people grasping at straws to defend this, as well as people having to defend why they’re offended by the use of a slur used seven times.  :rip: 

This is one of the best posts i've read on ATRL. Thank you.

Straight up trash. All he did is give an excuse to his straight homophobic fans to repeatedly say the word.

3 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

The fact that if a white artist used the word, the N word or racism wouldn't even be coming into discussion in this thread, and it certainly wouldn't reach 20+ pages so quickly. :skull:

It's absolutely valid to not be okay with him saying the *** regardless of the context and to criticise him for it, but if you can't express that without bringing up the N word or racism up then this is how you come across:

"It's not fair! If he can say the *** then we should be allowed to say the N word!!

200.gif"

Except no one is arguing that everyone should be allowed to say the n-word :toofunny3:

Also, let's not act like Kendrick is the only to face backlash for the stuff he sang. There are multiple examples in the last 20/30 years and some users have already pointed them out.

Why is this 22 pages? :rip:

I love how after 10+ pages, the SAME arguments are being used, the SAME lies are being spouted and the SAME sjw logic is being applied. Literal oppression Olympics like its 2014 or something. Black people are LGBT too, so you lazy posters need to stop trying to separate them, y'all aren't dave chappelle, stop the defense.

Everyone and their mother got the message of the song being prolgbt but why justify the use of the slur repeatedly? Taylor did a prolgbt song without saying any antigay slurs which I know she used growing up and or heard around her and got the world TALKING. During an election cycle at that, she didn't even need to do the literary technique of using shock value either, why? Because actual representation trumps that EVERY. TIME. Yet was STILL called to the carpet and STILL dragged, even on atrl as a latecome progay person, yet kendrick Lamar gets to do it even more messier and the same lgbt people dragging or shading Taylor gotta let Kenny slide because of your ladder of oppression (one y'all never substantiate but ALWAYS use antigay talking points to fuel) about black people and literally using them as props?

Clown behavior all around. Now allegedly black lgbt are being not only racist but trying to discredit the identity of blacklgbt people that don't defend the use of slurs that affect them? Sick, sick stuff and that's what happens when you run off tribalism.

There's a crabs in the barrel war between gay and black people literally like the one made between the middle and poor class and like actual puppets, y'all are gladly dancing on a string.

One day the problack but antilgbt or in this case, antidefense for lgbt black population will have to answer why they claim to be against systemic bigotry but codify it when black faces are involved; EXACTLY like racist white lgbt do with their candace owens and Ben Carson figures. Stop fighting and start comprehending. Y'all are doing the same thing the people you are against do, literal pot and kettle fight.

4 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Why is this 22 pages? :rip:

faux outrage  

4kkihlL.gif

Why are people defending this? When Morgan Wallen said the n-word he was rightfully dragged by everyone here for good reason, but some of y'all are okay with the *** being used casually? 

Gaslighting people for being offended by this isn't the move :rip:

Just now, Sugar-Rush said:

Why are people defending this? When Morgan Wallen said the n-word he was rightfully dragged by everyone here for good reason, but some of y'all are okay with the *** being used casually? 

I dont think this is being said casually at all? it's in a published work and there is an attempt at re-writing a wrong, even if it comes off clumsy to our community.

Morgan saying the n-word would be using a slur casually, with no purpose, only disrespect 

Why is this making no noise on Twitter? :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Why is this making no noise on Twitter? :deadbanana2:

How much engagement do you qualify as noise? If it's officially trending? It's so subjective now. 

It tends to be only if its an opinion someone agrees with that that person qualifies it as "trending" - look at some of the other threads that have no business being posted here :rip: 

Edited by Espresso

He's a rapper, it’s normal for them :monkey: