Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

I clearly quoted another user who was talking about Morgan Wallen and using that to justify this situation. You'd understand that if you looked at the screen before running to type "lol"

And the situation isnt comparable soo..yeah. If you have anything useful to say, now would be the time. Unless you want to conveniently ignore everything that was said before you thought you did something in here lol. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Vermillion

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

People do have a right to feel uncomfortable when hearing a straight cisgender man sing the f-word multiple times in a song - I was a little iffy when I first saw tweets of the lyrics - but after just listening to the song in full it has a great message and story and I can see why the word was used in full. 

3 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Sis

no one is saying he is the Worst Man ever :ahh:

we are just saying that it's missing the point to make a Pro-LGBTQ song and then add a Gay Slur, which he "doesn't use anymore" to make a point :toofunny3:

and Eminem literally had PROTESTS against him about that :bibliahh:wtf are u talking about

So if yall know he doesnt use it anymore why are yall angry at him is the point? "Oh because str8 people are gonna say it" well duh the message is for them and their usage of it :michael: 

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Just now, Oxygen said:

People do have a right to feel uncomfortable when hearing a straight cisgender man sing the *** multiple times in a song - I was a little iffy when I first saw tweets of the lyrics - but after just listening to the song in full it has a great message and story and I can see why the word was used in full. 

:clap3:

10 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

If you are offended by it then that is in fact your problem and not theirs since you are the one offended. You dont have to care about the story behind it, in fact thats why your are offended lol. It was never about what yall felt about ..anything its about what happened.

And yeah that was a historical part of the song because thats what happened, he wasn't trying to entertain you there instead educate you. The entire point lol. 

Well then he should worry about himself educating himself harder because he went on and said it either way. Do we need to sign mr. Lamar for homophobia healing camp like miss Cabello? Maybe she has some discount coupons or something

We've said it multiple times we don't care about the message, good for him, say it without using the god damn slur. It's as if we have to give him points for writting a song saying "hey f-words I see you, I'm not longer a bigot". Next y'all will tell us to be thankful he even wrote a song addressing us ungrateful f words :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

words :toofunny3:

So stop talking about the song with the message if you dont care? And if you want to send him to Camilla then go ahead. Have fun booking that stage you speak of :rip: Its not changing so get over it. 

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

3 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

So if yall know he doesnt use it anymore why are yall angry at him is the point? "Oh because str8 people are gonna say it" well duh the message is for them and their usage of it :michael: 

He is Still saying it :ahh: wym??

it's literally there in the Song looool

And it's the Same as the white girl he got up on the stage to sing His song!
Her rapping the N word, this will be the same with the F SLUR :toofunny3:

I’m not sure who this is, but it does seem extremely tacky for a heterosexual male to be using that word, even if it’s supposed to be for ‘educational’ purposes as he could have brought that topic up in a more tasteful way.

You also know damn well a lot of people will be singing that word with their WHOLE CHEST and completely miss the context of why it was used.  :gaycat6:

Edited by Cutthroat

7 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Unless you want to conveniently ignore everything that was said before you thought you did something in here lol. 

Like you ignored my question on singing a racial slur if you’re a not black person, twice? Pot meets kettle me thinks :gaycat2:

So?

1 minute ago, Rev8 said:

He is Still saying it :ahh: wym??

it's literally there in the Song looool

And it's the Same as the white girl he got up on the stage to sing His song!
Her rapping the N word, this will be the same with the F SLUR :toofunny3:

He addresses this in the song :rip: Thats why the examples are both indeed there lol

The saddest part is seeing some gays NOT UNDERSTANDING why other gays don't like straight people using that word. If you're okay with it, then so be it... but invalidating their feelings, or bullying them is not it. Especially to defend a privileged straight male. :biblio:

Edited by ToMmY

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Like you ignored my question on singing a racial slur if you’re a not black person, twice? Pot meets kettle me thinks :gaycat2:

51 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

And I think you should be allowed to use whatever verbiage your community allows you = the same thing Kendrick is addressing in the song.

In fact thats the entire point, them saying the n word is fine because they are black...but it wasn't cool that they kept saying *** because they weren't gay thats why it was hypocritical of him when he got angry at the white girl saying the n word because he used to say *** back then.. tldr version of the song..right there

Thats his entire point actually lol

8 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

Kendrick is literally part of the community 

how exactly?

Just now, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

So stop talking about the song with the message if you dont care? And if you want to send him to Camilla then go ahead. Have fun booking that stage you speak of :rip: Its not changing so get over it. 

You are the one that needs to get over it or at least start being coherent over the points you're trying to make because they make no sense, just like his song about learning how wrong it's to say the slur and still proceeding to put it in the song.

I'm not losing sleep over it, I don't think he is homophobic or anything, I don't even consume is music and I don't think anything else should be said apart from the lack of coherence in his song and in the defence some of you are making.

He wrote a song about learning it's bad to say that slur, fine and cool, but if then says it in the same song it's like make it make sense. Could have perfectly transmit his experience and learnings without having to include it in it.

7 hours ago, Dystopian said:

as if his straight male listeners care about the message and aren’t gonna be screaming ****** at the top of their lungs :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

I’m not sure who this is, but it does seem extremely tacky for a heterosexual male to be using that word, even if it’s supposed to be for ‘educational’ purposes as he could have brought that topic up in a more tasteful way.

You also know damn well a lot of people will be singing that word with their WHOLE CHEST and completely miss the context of why it was used.  :gaycat6:

I'm going to distinguish and seperate the majority of fans of Kendrick and Eminem in response to this argument in invoking intention.

Maybe that's willfully naive on my end, but as someone that remembers the entire Eminem controversy at its peak like it was yesterday (with the forced Elton John apology whose a hack anyways that performed at Rush Limbaugh's wedding so it was relatively useless) I'm more likely to take Kendrick at his word on storytelling and trust his fans - any that would do this he wouldn't want as fans to begin with compared to peak Eminem who dismissed everything he'd said and done as trolling, including from his fans - the living embodiment of Woodstock '99 who never left some rape frat mentally. :coffee2: 

Eminem fans (from past experience at his peak in the early 2000s) I'm much more likely to give little to no benefit of the doubt whether black or white - I'm also more likely to think of them as sociopaths compared to Kendrick's. In a heartbeat. 

I was about to be mad, but he's an ally, we Stan :heart2:

Just now, Planet Mars said:

I was about to be mad, but he's an ally, we Stan :heart2:

Demetrius is Mary-Ann now
Church, his auntie is a man now, it hurt
He the most 'cause his belief was close to his words
Forcing me to stand now
I said "Mr. Preacher man, should we love thy neighbor?
The laws of the land or the heart, what's greater?
I recognize the study she was taught since birth
But that don't justify the feelings that my cousin preserved"
The building was thinking out loud, bad angel
That's when you looked at me and smiled, said "Thank you"
The day I chose humanity over religion
The family got closer, it was all forgiven
I said them F-bombs, I ain't know any better
Mistakenly I didn't think you'd know any different
See, I was taught words was nothing more than a sound
If everything was pronounced without any intentions
The very second you challenge the **** I was kicking
Reminded me about a show I did out the city
That time I brung a fan on stage to rap
But disapproved the word that she couldn't say with me
You said "Kendrick, ain't no room for contradiction
To truly understand love, switch position
'******, ******, ******,' we can say it together
But only if you let a white girl say '*****'"

:jonny:

1 minute ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:
53 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

And I think you should be allowed to use whatever verbiage your community allows you = the same thing Kendrick is addressing in the song.

In fact thats the entire point, them saying the n word is fine because they are black...but it wasn't cool that they kept saying *** because they weren't gay thats why it was hypocritical of him when he got angry at the white girl saying the n word because he used to say *** back then.. tldr version of the song..right there

Thats his entire point actually lol

So why did he use that word (multiple times) now, considering that he knows that he's not a part of a community that allows him to? :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Not all, but some people should just be honest that they're not actually mad at Kendrick's (objectively clumsy) usage of ****** and just be forthright that they are actually just resentful over their own imagined 'imbalances' in social justice and have a hatred of perceived ~wokeness~. You see it in the nonsense hypotheticals of "what if someone did x???".

White singers who use racial slurs unapologetically already do not face material consequences, so what kind of question is "what if a white person used racial slurs to be pro-racial justice???"? :toofunny3: Morgan Wallen's album is about to be 4x Platinum and he continues to be platformed by his industry at large. What do you imagine Kendrick is "getting away with" that would not be allowed in these hypothetical scenarios you're dreaming of where the shoe is on the other foot?

Of course people should be able to discuss if the style of story-telling was effective or not to conveying the intended message (especially queer black people - they out of anyone should not be silenced for how they feel over his usage and choices here). But attempted gotchas and hypotheticals seen in this thread display a deep reactionary hatred more aimed at social justice as a field and rhetoric before anything else, and some people should just be straight-forward. 

And then there's all of this, which brings up multiple points worth having here, but there's too much gaslighting and distractions going on currently to address them head on, unfortunately. 

So yeah If you dont listen to him anyway and never will, I'm not sure if we need to continue speaking lol. And duh he says it in the song, how else would we know what he is talking about? He could've lied about it but he didn't so ..yeah. Context is hard so I get it if you arent used to this kind of music. 

Just now, Hephaestus said:

So why did he use that word (multiple times) now, considering that he knows that he's not a part of a community that allows him to? :coffee2:

You mean the part in the song where he says that its bad that he used it because he wasnt gay?

1 minute ago, CandleGuy said:

Tell me what rapper at the same level of fame as Em has a verse like on Criminal :rip:

We are not about to sit here and compare Em saying he hates gay people / fantasizing about their deaths/murder vs. Kendrick using the f-slur in a pro-LGBT track.

First of all, I was telling @BILLIONAIRE✘BOY that Eminem did get a lot of backlash for songs like Criminal because when he defended Kendrick for saying the ***,  people were giving Kendrick a little backlash online, he was trying to make it seem like Eminem didn't get any backlash from saying the f-slur, but he definitely did. That's all I'm saying. 

And DMX was one of the biggest and most successful rappers in the late 90s and he said a lot of stuff that is considered homophobic, but he didn't receive any type of backlash compared to Eminem in terms of that. Where The Hood At was commercially successful for crying out loud. 

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I'm going to distinguish and seperate the majority of fans of Kendrick and Eminem in response to this argument in invoking intention.

Maybe that's willfully naive on my end, but as someone that remembers the entire Eminem controversy at its peak like it was yesterday (with the forced Elton John apology whose a hack anyways that performed at Rush Limbaugh's wedding so it was relatively useless) I'm more likely to take Kendrick at his word on storytelling and trust his fans - any that would do this he wouldn't want as fans to begin with compared to peak Eminem who dismissed everything he'd said and done as trolling, including from his fans - the living embodiment of Woodstock '99 who never left some rape frat mentally. :coffee2: 

Eminem fans (from past experience at his peak in the early 2000s) I'm much more likely to give little to no benefit of the doubt whether black or white - I'm also more likely to think of them as sociopaths compared to Kendrick's. In a heartbeat. 

Eminem was saying it back I guess when it was still not something you'd be cancelled over, but Kendrick is actually using here endearingly.

I have no issue with the usage of it. But I see why some have an issue with it. It's controversy at the end of the day, and that sells.