Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

A mess. Using the word was completely uncalled for, I can only assume he did it for the attention 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Vermillion

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

and the joke will forever be on them singing a verse that they actually dont know (like how everyone is angry in here that he used it all, and not his delivery of it). People take things out of context all the time, why does any artist of any time have to conform to that when you know that isnt their message anyway? Why does he have to go through all of this while other artists who just use it for the sake of using it are held to less

Again, not answering the question. Interesting :gaycat2:

Not all people will spend time to understand or research the meaning of a song, that’s unrealistic, let alone filter out offensive language. The girl that was called out on stage is the prime example of this, in her mind she was probably just singing a song that happened to contain a racial slur, it’s not like she meant to insult anyone. For this reason he (and every other artist, this is not only applied to him) needs to be careful with the content they put out, otherwise they’ll face the consequences. That’s just how things work.

1 minute ago, Green said:

So if a certain country artist addresses his racism in a song apologizing for using the N-word and says the word again in that song, is that ok for you? :celestial5:

His intentions are good but he shouldn't have said that word. Period.

I can see his straight fans using that word over and over again :skull:

Slurs aren't as prevalent in country music like it is in hip hop so the scenario you are speaking is already skewed by being disproportioned and hasn't happened? They are not comparable especially when looking at the verbiage they use.. so.....yeah. Any evidence or is this another "this could happen1!"? And yeah they probably use it already and you cant stop them? Thats why Kendrick felt the need to address it in the song...lol

6 minutes ago, Green said:

So if a certain country artist addresses his racism in a song apologizing for using the N-word and says the word again in that song, is that ok for you? :celestial5:

His intentions are good but he shouldn't have said that word. Period.

I can see his straight fans using that word over and over again :skull:

:cm:

I appreciate the message and sentiment behind the song but it makes me very uncomfortable knowing that his non-LGBTQ fans are now going to be repeating these lyrics. He could've made the same point without including slurs which he shouldn't be using. 

Edited by raven

10 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Again, not answering the question. Interesting :gaycat2:

Not all people will spend time to understand or research the meaning of a song, that’s unrealistic, let alone filter out offensive language. The girl that was called out on stage is the prime example of this, in her mind she was probably just singing a song that happened to contain a racial slur, it’s not like she meant to insult anyone. For this reason he (and every other artist, this is not only applied to him) needs to be careful with the content they put out, otherwise they’ll face the consequences. That’s just how things work.

Right, thats exactly how he felt afterwards about him saying ***. That's why both examples are in the song. He just felt like documenting it in because the context of it was there and its what he lived through. It's not like he's acting fake like he didn't say it which would be a lie. Textbooks have slurs also for educational purposes to accurately depict the past? Are you going to angrily erase that word from our history books as well? If just the mere mention of the word sets you off and makes you feel offended then his art isn't for you anyway. 

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

7 hours ago, Invisibility said:

He's said f*ggot roughly like 15,000 times in his life. Does saying f*ggot mean he hates gay people? Does he hate gay people? I don't think he hates gay people. Gay is ok.

LOL Ma'am!!!!!

34 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Again a black man who is known for his anti-prejudice rap music, who is speaking accurately and truthfully on his experiences is somehow the worst man ever when he's obviously saying it's something he was mislead to do? But he shouldn't share it because people who misuse everything and anything will damage the songs meaning? Why would that be his fault? Why is Eminem who is known for his slurs about the gay community not held to the same standard and his the best selling rapper of all time? Why can he just say *** and it's okay but when Kendrick consciously speaks about it yall are scared? 

What are you talking about when the LGBTQ community literally protested against Eminem back then lol 

Kendrick not even receiving half of the backlash that Eminem has gotten from the LGBTQ community. Actually, a lot of rappers in the past didn't get the same backlash that Em got from the LGBTQ community.

6 minutes ago, Rap God said:

What are you talking about when the LGBTQ community literally protested against Eminem back then lol 

Kendrick not even receiving half of the backlash that Eminem has gotten from the LGBTQ community. Actually, a lot of rappers in the past didn't get the same backlash that Em got from the LGBTQ community.

He got so much backlash that he ended up becoming the best selling rapper ever is the point? He's the biggest rapper ever so a few protests do no balance out the rest when looking at what yall are offended at. Rappers have protests against them all the time over everything, that's hardly a representation of anything especially for how often he's used it. How is his use of the word ok but Kendrick's isn't? 

He's not receiving half the backlash because he didn't build a career off of saying it either like Em lol 

1 minute ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Right, thats exactly how he felt afterwards about him saying the ***. That's why both examples are in the song. He just felt like documenting it in because the context of it was there and its what he lived through. It's not like he's acting fake like he didn't say it which would be a lie. Textbooks have slurs also for educational purposes to accurate depict the past? Are you going to angrily erase that word from our history books as well? If just the mere mention of the word sets you off and makes you feel offended then his art isn't for you anyway. 

Do you understand how hypocritical it is to call someone out for using a slur then proceeding to use one yourself? He could’ve “documented” the story by alluding at what were said without using the word, multiple times too, but he chose not to.

If someone is offended by it, they have every right to complain, period. I, for one, wouldn’t be happy hearing people sing those lyrics, no matter the story behind them. If you are not offended by it then good for you, but don’t try to tell people how they should feel about something.

Textbooks do not fall under entertainment, so the comparison makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Do you understand how hypocritical it is to call someone out for using a slur then proceeding to use one yourself? He could’ve “documented” the story by alluding at what were said without using the word, multiple times too, but he chose not to.

If someone is offended by it, they have every right to complain, period. I, for one, wouldn’t be happy hearing people sing those lyrics, no matter the story behind them. If you are not offended by it then good for you, but don’t try to tell people how they should feel about something.

Textbooks do not fall under entertainment, so the comparison makes zero sense.

If you are offended by it then that is in fact your problem and not theirs since you are the one offended. You dont have to care about the story behind it, in fact thats why your are offended lol. It was never about what yall felt about ..anything its about what happened.

And yeah that was a historical part of the song because thats what happened, he wasn't trying to entertain you there instead educate you. The entire point lol. 

49 minutes ago, Communion said:

White singers who use racial slurs unapologetically already do not face material consequences, so what kind of question is "what if a white person used racial slurs to be pro-racial justice???"? :toofunny3: Morgan Wallen's album is about to be 4x Platinum and he continues to be platformed by his industry at large. What do you imagine Kendrick is "getting away with" that would not be allowed in these hypothetical scenarios you're dreaming of where the shoe is on the other foot?

I don't even like Morgan Wallen but he has apologized for his use of the word (whether people want to accept his apology or not), he did get temporarily banned from radio stations and playlists, and he donated USD 500k to various black-led groups. Do you expect any of this to happen to Kendrick Lamar? :celestial5:

And why are textbooks excluded? You suddenly understand how slurs can exist for educational purposes now lol. 

"but the str8s and the this and the htat11" its what happened and it isn't changing.

If you are offended by it then that is in fact your problem and not theirs since you are the one offended.

Not this infamous sentence suddenly being an acceptable justification :deadbanana:

Just now, Dephira said:

Not this infamous sentence suddenly being an acceptable justification :deadbanana:

There's nothing to justify so..yeah lol

5 minutes ago, Dephira said:

I don't even like Morgan Wallen but he has apologized for his use of the word (whether people want to accept his apology or not), he did get temporarily banned from radio stations and playlists, and he donated USD 500k to various black-led groups. Do you expect any of this to happen to Kendrick Lamar? :celestial5:

Well no because Morgan didnt try to educate his audience by talking about his past while in a ..song? Do you know what happened or not? These situations couldn't be more different. You'd understand that if you looked at the screen before running to type lol. 

Caught on video saying the n word behind closed doors =/= saying it in a song because the context is education

so .. yea lol

14 minutes ago, Rap God said:

Tell me what rapper at the same level of fame as Em has a verse like on Criminal :rip:

My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
That'll stab you in the head
Whether you're a *** or lez
Or a homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
Pants or dress
Hate ****? The answer's "yes"

Homophobic? Nah, you're just heterophobic
Staring at my jeans, watching my genitals bulging
That's my motherfucking balls
You'd better let go of 'em
They belong in my scrotum
You'll never get hold of 'em

"Hey, it's me, Versace
Whoops, somebody shot me!
And I was just checking the mail."
Get it? Checking the 'male'?

We are not about to sit here and compare Em literally saying he hates gay people / fantasizing about their deaths/murder vs. Kendrick using the f-slur in a pro-LGBT track.

Just now, CandleGuy said:

Tell me what rapper at the same level of fame as Em has a verse like on Criminal :rip:

We are not about to sit here and compare Em literally saying he hates gay people / fantasizing about their deaths/murder vs. Kendrick using the f-slur in a pro-LGBT track.

my point exactly 

3 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

He got so much backlash that he ended up becoming the best selling rapper ever is the point? He's the biggest rapper ever so a few protests do no balance out the rest when looking at what yall are offended at. Rappers have protests against them all the time over everything, that's hardly a representation of anything, especially for how often he's used it. How is his use of the word ok but Kendrick's isn't? 

He's not receiving half the backlash because he didn't build a career off of saying it either like Em lol 

Well of course he gonna still sell records when his target audience ain't the LGBTQ community, just like the other popular rappers back then, like no duh. Yes, rappers get backlash for other stuff, but never heard the Glaad organization and the LGBTQ community overall coming to any other rappers' concert and protesting against rappers like DMX.  Glaad even came to the Grammys to protest against Em. 

And if Kendrick didn't receive half the backlash that Em got then why even compared the two in the first place? You acting like Em didn't receive any backlash from that. 

Well no because Morgan didnt try to educate his audience by talking about his past while in a ..song? Do you know what happened or not? These situations couldn't be more different. You'd understand that if you looked at the screen before running to type lol. 

Caught on video saying the n word behind closed doors =/= saying it in a song because the context is education

so .. yea lol

I clearly quoted another user who was talking about Morgan Wallen and using that to justify this situation. You'd understand that if you looked at the screen before running to type "lol"

If you are offended by it then that is in fact your problem and not theirs since you are the one offended. You dont have to care about the story behind it, in fact thats why your are offended lol. It was never about what yall felt about ..anything its about what happened.

And yeah that was a historical part of the song because thats what happened, he wasn't trying to entertain you there instead educate you. The entire point lol. 

Ma’am, multiple people in this thread alone (the majority, actually) are offended by the lyrics to some degree, or at least they don’t approve of them. So no, it’s not a “me” nor an “us” problem. It’s you who are jumping through hoops to justify his words. Take the hint.

And not his life experiences being an historical part of the song… Every artist writes about their life, but you don’t see (most of) them throwing out slurs in their songs (and if they do they face backlash as well).

Just now, Rap God said:

Well of course he gonna still sell records when his target audience ain't the LGBTQ community, just like the other popular rappers back then, like no duh. Yes, rappers get backlash for other stuff, but never heard the Glaad organization and the LGBTQ community overall coming to any other rappers' concert and protesting against rappers like DMX.  Glaad even came to the Grammys to protest against Em. 

And if Kendrick didn't receive half the backlash that Em got then why even compared the two in the first place? You acting like Em didn't receive any backlash from that. 

Because Kendrick doesnt use it for shock value like Em. Thats the comparison, the entire layer of context is missing for some of you.

Em rarely has anything useful to say when mentioning gay people whereas Kendrick is doing the opposite. 

57 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Again a black man who is known for his anti-prejudice rap music, who is speaking accurately and truthfully on his experiences is somehow the worst man ever when he's obviously saying it's something he was mislead to do? But he shouldn't share it because people who misuse everything and anything will damage the songs meaning? Why would that be his fault? Why is Eminem who is known for his slurs about the gay community not held to the same standard and his the best selling rapper of all time? Why can he just say *** and its okay but when Kendrick consciously speaks about it yall are scared? 

Sis

no one is saying he is the Worst Man ever :ahh:

we are just saying that it's missing the point to make a Pro-LGBTQ song and then add a Gay Slur, which he "doesn't use anymore" to make a point :toofunny3:

and Eminem literally had PROTESTS against him about that :bibliahh:wtf are u talking about

4 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I hate when people try and pull the oppression olympics with being black and being gay - especially straight black people (“you’re black before you’re gay”/“being black is worse than being gay”) because it’s such a case by case thing. As a black gay person, I’ve actually lived my life more in fear of being gay than being black because at least with being black most people I meet aren’t racist + I’m comfortable in my own home with my black family. But if I came out as gay, especially a few years back, I’d probably have lost most of my friends, most of my family, and be ostracised by a huge sector of society. :deadbanana4: Obviously that’s just my experience, but that’s to say I never got how people came to the conclusion that it’s worse to be one or the other when it’s clearly a very individual thing (for example, if you’re living in a homophobic African country, obviously being black > being gay). Kendrick Lamar had no business throwing around that slur to prove a point, if he was half as smart as his fanbase hype him up to be he could have delivered the same message without evoking such a strong word. The people in here saying “he’s being artistic” would probably light someone like Jack Harlow on fire if he said the n word 5 times in a song about him overcoming racism. :deadbanana4:

Thank you so much for sharing, sending you love. :heart:

ATRL members, sit and read this. 

7 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

And why are textbooks excluded? You suddenly understand how slurs can exist for educational purposes now lol. 

"but the str8s and the this and the htat11" its what happened and it isn't changing.

At this point you’re acting dense on purpose :ace: