America Chavez Marvel Studios Solo Project.

Gorjesspazze9

Marvel’s Newest Teen Superhero is in talks of her own solo Project. Writer of Marvels latest Blockbuster Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has publicly stated his desire of writing this standalone series and potential Movie about America Chavez. He believes that the project should revolve around her mothers, LGBTQ subjects, and her power to traverse the Multiverse. How do you all feel about this news? Is Xochitl Gomez a good enough actress to carry an entire Marvel film?
I think they should just leave her story for a Young avengers film. Much rather have a Wanda solo movie that is currently being reviewed for development. The Multiverse stuff is already feeling like it’s gonna be a fad within 2 years. I rather we move on to X-Men and building up more Avenger trilogies. 
article: https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-america-chavez-standalone-movie-show-marvel

Update: it will be a Disney+ Series set for Thanksgiving of 2023. 

Not gonna say I'm super interested in following America Chavez's story but did enjoy watching Wanda try to kill her :wanda:

why did we get this before a Wanda solo movie? :rip:

Disney + series makes more sense.

I’m actually interested in her backstory

YAS :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, TheShowoff said:

A Disney+ series would be cute. Thats it.

I agree though, she doesn't need a movie.

I don't really care too much for the multiverse stuff... it's already getting too confusing with all these alternate versions of captain marvel, captain america... etc. 

I'd rather have Wandavision S2 or a standalone Wanda movie. White vision needs to make a return :wanda:

31 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Marvel has too many shows in the works.

omg this too!!! I cant keep up with all the stuff they are putting out. I ain't got time to watch all these shows on D+... i wish they would've kept the MCU strictly in movies. 

Something that should've been done and released before the movie.

Edited by aahaspider

She isn’t interesting enough to have her own show. 

I rather have a Wanda vision season 2 

• ATRL Moderator

No thanks. 

1 hour ago, Zoe_ said:

Marvel has too many shows in the works.

I agree, I understand they are trying to make endless streaming content. But I was fine with 2-3 movies a year. It’s starting to be overbearing with like 8 shows and 4 movies on average now

She was the weakest part of the movie :gaycat6:

Her backstory seems interesting but seriously I can’t stand her, there’s something annoying about her :rip:

1 hour ago, aahaspider said:

True. That would have helped with her backstory & origin. They could have explained her powers to us a bit more. Like I get that she has the power to open up portals to different universes & etc. Even tho she can't control them, although Doctor strange did mention that one way or another she was sort of controlling her powers & got them to every place that they needed to get to. Anyway, it also appears that she has super strength as well? Like when she punches the reinforced glass holding cell she was able to nearly shatter the glass with one single punch. Then there is other instances where she displays super strength as a power. 

So I'd definitely be open to a solo series or movie. I'm sure she'd do a lot better in her own show. Before watching MoM I wasn't super excited about her character or acting. But after watching her in MoM She impressed me & exceeded my expectations for her.

25 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

She was the weakest part of the movie :gaycat6:

I agree, it was basically a baby sitting gig for Doctor Strange, along with fighting Queen Wanda, The Scarlet Witch. With that being said, I didn't hate her tho.

5 minutes ago, KingJay said:

I agree, it was basically a baby sitting gig for Doctor Strange, along with fighting Queen Wanda, The Scarlet Witch. With that being said, I didn't hate her tho.

This. She wasn't annoying enough to dislike her character, although I want a Wanda solo movie first.

2 hours ago, aahaspider said:

This. Still perched though, I’d like to see more of her and more LGBTQ+ representation in the MCU.

She’s pretty cool, it was a crowded movie so there wasn’t time to explore her but she’ll grow into the role, Xochilt has potential 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.