Dan Auerbach: I love Ultraviolence, but probably won't happen again.

NOW

lana-del-rey-dan-auerbac-650-430.jpg?w=6

Is that a collaboration that felt like a one-off or would you want to work with her again?

I feel like on any given week I could get into the studio with someone like Lana and make something really cool. She’s so creative. I’m always down to get into the studio with people who are like that. You could feel the tension going on. She was being pulled in a lot of different directions, plus she was around all these musicians she didn’t know. And she fired the drummer on the second day. [Laughs] Or, I had to fire the drummer. But I think it was that tension that got something special. I don’t try to fight any of that stuff. Tension or not, we’re recording. [Nashville engineer] David Ferguson he always says, “ABC, always be ******* recording.”

https://www.stereogum.com/2186356/dan-auerbach-john-prine-lana-del-rey-yola-black-keys/interviews/weve-got-a-file-on-you/

Lightning rarely strikes twice, so it’s probably for the best.

Spoiler

And Ultraviolence is overrated anyway.

Lana’s best album

her best album, but i get it. we don't really need UV 2.0, if i want to listen to an album like UV i can just listen to UV

Omg I can’t read and thought this was about a sequel to ultraviolet lmao 

• ATRL Moderator

It's a fantastic album and I wouldn't want her to try and replicate it....it is such a distinct chapter in her discography and I love that about it.

Ultraviolence is not her best album only because of the songs that were NOT produced by Dan Auerbach.

They made magic together and neither of them could top it afterwards.

2 hours ago, Haus said:

It sounds like he’s down to collab again :emofish:

He probably is but not her, he worded his response as a compliment to her but it sounds like she's not down to go through that process with him again. I remember they headlined the same music festivals that year and they never performed or were pictured together.

24 minutes ago, NOW said:

He probably is but not her, he worded his response as a compliment to her but it sounds like she's not down to go through that process with him again. I remember they headlined the same music festivals that year and they never performed or were pictured together.

He deserved Antonoff's place

kylie-jenner-crying.gif

So weird how quickly she dropped him after that one iconic pic that would have suggested she really loved their partnership. Or maybe she did and there are just other factors; we don't know since she never talked about him much. 

Probs a combo of it being a hard time in her life (personally and professionally) and him pushing her more than someone like Rick ... she probs just doesn't want to revisit lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.