Maneskin talk new album and working with Max Martin

mlaredoperez

mlaredoperez

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/maneskin-max-martin-supermodel-1235265647/

“Yeeepppp,” bassist Victoria De Angelis acknowledges coyly. “It started off with Max, but we worked on it, Thomas changed it a bit and added more to it.”

Guitarist Thomas Raggi adds, “I took a lot of inspiration from the California vibe!”

The group has been working on the new album, which is not finished, in Los Angeles for the past three months. Along with Martin, also involved are producers Mattman & Robin, Justin Tranter and others.

“We met Max at our first gig in L.A. in November,” De Angelis says. “He had heard of us because of Eurovision and we talked and then we decided to work together.”

Singer Damiano David adds, “We did more or less half of the album with him — ten songs with him, but not everything. Working with him, first of all, was a huge chance to learn new things — he’s been doing this for 30 years and has done so much great stuff — and it was also just great. When you write song with him it’s more or less going to be 100% a great song!”

Asked about Martin’s famously meticulous working processes, he added, “He’s very Scandinavian!”

Pressed for more details about the new material, the group didn’t give up much — “You’ll have to wait for the record! We want to be mysterious” — but De Angelis did add, “We’ve experimented a lot on the record. It’s always us, of course, but I think fans will like it. We also have some songs we wrote a couple of years ago, songs we wrote completely on our own.”

they managed to snag Max:eek:

Italian pop takeover :loki:

Wow :cupid:

this might be interesting

isn't Miley working with Max too?

An amazing pop sellout era is coming 

Yasssss, I am so excited :jonnycat: finally a good mainstream band!!

Wowowow never would have expected they’d work together, let alone have Max executive produce their album. Maneskin has potential to be HUGE and clearly their label sees that if they’re willing to invest so much into this next album

Supermodel genuinely sounds like a summer smash (looking past the shameless Nirvana riff) and it still sounds like a rock song, not nearly as poppy as I expected - always amazed by how versatile Max & co. are. 

14 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Max Martin? Is it 2011?

Goodluck.

Coldplay's and The Weeknd's latest record were released in 2011? Damn time really flies :jonny4:

Cant wait!!! 

Max stopped being interesting half a decade ago, he's been very hit or miss but more miss ala Ryan Tedder. Good luck lol

32 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Max stopped being interesting half a decade ago, he's been very hit or miss but more miss ala Ryan Tedder. Good luck lol

Lady Claire

There's songs by MM in the last 5-10 years that I thought should've been hits that weren't and vice versa so I have no idea what's going to happen. 

Good luck to them. 

Supermodel doesn’t sound like a hit to me. Too aspirational. “She’s gonna steal your Basquiat”? Who can relate to that? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.