Ashley Judd says mother Naomi used gun to kill herself

Vermillion

It's all very sad and surprising, because she was right about to go on tour and to be recognized by the Country Music Hall of Fame. I wonder if the pressure of it all got to her. 

This is just so heartbreaking, I remember my nana playing The Judds all the time when growing up. I have so much respect for the family to come out publicly so soon to control the narrative so soon, while also devastated they do not get time to heal and process what had happened out of fear the details will leak. I hope Naomi is finally at peace, and no longer in the pain she was in.

MadonnasBoyfriend

I feel so bad for Ashley who had to find her mother like that. I can't belive Naomi would do that to not only to herself but her fam and her daughter that had to find her that way. It's such a heart breaking situation.

Man, Ashley truly has been through it. She captured mental illness to a tee.. it is vicious and manipulative. Let this poor family heal through time and great memories

This is such a truly heartbreaking situation all around and Ashley Judd is so strong I feel so horrible for the entire family

wow, i truly had no idea. i thought her death was of natural causes.

this is devastating

ashley judd is very strong for speaking on behalf of her family like this

ugh poor Ashley & Wynonna

Naomi is such a legend and a good person overall ... its jus so sad

Mental illness hides very well

Hearing her speak on mental illness was so chilling, yet much needed. It’s a harsh reality, but one I’m sure will reach out to someone that needs to hear it.

I also applaud her and her family for sitting down and disclosing the intimate details. The media is disgusting and would’ve surely used it to be messy and run a story, but now they won’t get that chance.

some of the horrible comments on this website about peoples looks have made me want to do the same. I’m not going to… but as someone that struggles with wanting to be alive some days hearing about how ugly white people are with small lips pushed me over the edge last year. I’m mixed race but still have small lips and got them done today because people here made me aware they were ugly. and yes i go to therapy now because of this place. i enjoy the celebrity news though 

Edited by plasticboy

She is so brave (and Wynonna). I am so sorry to them both. Her mother was a legend and seemed so sweet.

She is so brave telling this because the disgusting media would have RAN with this once the autopsy came out, and they would've made it even worse.

7 minutes ago, plasticboy said:

some of the horrible comments on this website about peoples looks have made me want to do the same. I’m not going to… but as someone that struggles with wanting to be alive some days hearing about how ugly white people are with small lips pushed me over the edge last year. I’m mixed race but still have small lips and got them done today because people here made me aware they were ugly. and yes i go to therapy now because of this place. i enjoy the celebrity news though 

Don't listen to what some disgusting people on this site say! People love to just be hateful on here. Also I have naturally big lips and I'm white. We're all different :heart2: I use to hate my big lips tho lmao

Heartbreaking that both she & Wynonna felt they had to share the manner of how Naomi took her own life to avoid the gossip of it all. Heartbreaking and disgusting. Ashley was so well spoken during this interview, and Wynonna's message was very Wynonna, and I love that about her. It's heartbreaking that she has to live with that final image of her mother. I could not even imagine. But her words about Naomi's kindness and compassion is what she should be remembered for. And this proves: even in speaking about mental illness, it can still have one powerful hold over one's self. I hope Naomi has found peace in her afterlife.

25 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Don't listen to what some disgusting people on this site say! People love to just be hateful on here. Also I have naturally big lips and I'm white. We're all different :heart2: I use to hate my big lips tho lmao

thank you… it’s so hard most days :sad:

40 minutes ago, plasticboy said:

I…

this was not the time or place for this girlie 

Edited by yonsé

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.