GOP Move to Strip Disney of Mickey Mouse Copyright Because They’re Woke

Horizon Flame

Ahh, the "small government" party

Edited by Gui Blackout

I thought republicans are meant to be all about capitalism and protecting businesses? :skull:

Leftists suddenly are all up in arms over big corporations losing government protections and being scrutinized/accountable for their misdeeds and that's so funny to me.

11 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I thought republicans are meant to be all about capitalism and protecting businesses? :skull:

Not when they want to protect gay or LGBT Rights 

Damn I don't really like Disney's over dominance but they're really going hard on them :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, magazine said:

it's over for the RAT :jonnycat:

Screaming, literally though :toofunny2:

Petty. The first Mickey Mouse shorts will enter the public domain in just a couple of years anyway.

Lame political theater. They should lose their subsidies though :cm:

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

Leftists suddenly are all up in arms over big corporations losing government protections and being scrutinized/accountable for their misdeeds and that's so funny to me.

Its pointing out the hypocrisy in the nazi party luv.

I am so here for expiration of Disney copyright but not because of this reason :deadbanana4:

GOP really want that Song of the South live action remake, huh?

the GOP never fails to disappoint me everyday 

just another day of the gop outsnowflaking the libs :clap3:

always such a kii when they try to call others sensitive 

Edited by jjmed59

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

username checks out

That’s cool. I’d like to talk about how Josh Hawley is a QAnon conspiracy theorist yet still holds office. I feel like that’s not talked about enough. 

• ATRL Moderator

If they did something meaningful like break Disney’s entertainment monopoly up, then I’d be here for it. Instead they’re doing clown s**t like threatening the copyright to Mickey Mouse? :toofunny2: 

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

If they did something meaningful like break Disney’s entertainment monopoly up, then I’d be here for it. Instead they’re doing clown s**t like threatening the copyright to Mickey Mouse? :toofunny2: 

The funniest thing about this is that GOP aren't doing this because they actually want to improve copyright law, they're doing this because Disney isn't support Don't say Gay bill anymore :ahh:

I'm sure if Disney continue to support that bill, GOP would gladly allowed them to extend the copyright even further :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

The funniest thing about this is that GOP aren't doing this because they actually want to improve copyright law, they're doing this because Disney isn't support Don't say Gay bill anymore :ahh:

I'm sure if Disney continue to support that bill, GOP would gladly allowed them to extend the copyright even further :dies:

Oh this is 100% the case. It’s actually more explicitly tied to the fact that Disney pulled financial support from candidates that support the Don’t Say Gay Bill. Which is pretty terrifying that we’ve reached the point of the corruption where the government will punish companies for not giving them money. :deadbanana: 

It’s reason #83628 to support getting money out of politics. 

Hawley’s bill is unlikely to pass given that the Democrats control the Senate.

Someone tell the GOP that Disney also owns all the student loan debt in the US, quickly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.