Tommy Hilfiger strikes multifaceted partnership with Shawn Mendes

inmymendes

https://www.esquire.com/uk/style/a39972733/shawn-mendestommy-hilfiger/

There are few celebrities who make as much of an impact in the style stakes as Shawn Mendes. Not only does the 23-year-old Canadian superstar like to experiment with his fits, but he also looks to do it all in the most sustainable and forward-thinking way possible.

That’s why he’s teamed up with Tommy Hilfiger for the iconic brand’s ‘Classics Reborn’ campaign. As the face of the initiative, he’s set to wear sustainable Tommy Hilfiger pieces throughout his upcoming ‘Wonder: The World Tour’… well, tour. Then, to cap it all off, he’s set to co-design a capsule collection; we’re talking re-imagined classics, with a focus on recycled materials and environmentally-conscious innovation, set for release in spring 2023.

As part of the 'Classics Reborn' campaign, which launches on May 16th, Tommy Hilfiger will be donating $1 million to mitigating the environmental impact of Mendes’s tour – a positive move towards a more sustainable future for the music industry. 

The ambition is to make the tour (one of the biggest on the planet, naturally) climate positive, which is no mean feat. That means cutting CO2 emissions by 50% per show compared to the last outing in 2019. If you’re lucky enough to get a ticket, you’ll see Mendes wearing custom-made sustainable designs crafted from vintage deadstock fabrics and trimmings. Speaking about the project and the influence of Shawn Mendes, Tommy Hilfiger said:

“Shawn’s not only a multitalented musician — he also represents a new generation of Futuremakers who understand the need for action.

“By joining forces with Shawn to learn, share and innovate, we can build upon what we’ve already achieved and take our sustainability journey to the next level. While we recognize we still have a long way to go, together we can build even more awareness to make a positive, lasting impact.”

That’s why you’ll see Mendes wearing pieces from the 1985 Program line. Throughout 2022, the collection’s use of organic cotton reduces CO2eq by around 48% and avoids 692 tons of emissions (according to TH, that equates to 641 one-way flights from London to New York).

Not only that, but a big portion of the $1 million donation will go to funding regenerative cotton farming, which is an important and long-running part of the designer's commitment to sustainable fashion.

“I’ve always been inspired by Tommy and the iconic brand he built, and I’m excited to share our journey together with my fans,” says Shawn Mendes about the ‘Play it Forward’ collaboration.

“Everyone has a role to play in creating a more sustainable future and I’m inspired to see what we can achieve. I look forward to learning from each other, exploring how creative reimagination can have a positive effect on the fashion industry, and sharing what living more sustainably means to me.”

PwTa9qP.jpg

vyGRMRl.jpg

tWHBIEi.jpg

V70J3Au.jpg

2L5Jk97.jpg

RGGDVEl.jpg

Edited by inmymendes

There are few celebrities who make as much of an impact in the style stakes as Shawn Mendes.

:ahh:

This partnership makes sense. When I think of TH, I do think of people like Sean.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Impactful king. Impact me!

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

:alexz: should’ve shown more soles but that’s ok

At least he looks good.

i was thinking of buying some TH underwear. Any pics in only underwear Shawn?:gaycat3:

meh. Mr.Mendes just doesn't do it for me.

but I have to say I love Tommy Hilfiger chinos. They're very comfortable. Their jeans? overpriced in my opinion. I would buy their polos, but I refuse to wear any shirt with that stupid logo showing. I hate logos. so tacky. Lacoste makes great polos, but I just hate that logo! and hugo boss.. overrated overpriced brand. dont buy hugo boss.

Transitioning from teen heartthrob to an adult singer is hard and Bieber is one of the v. few that was able to make that transition successfully. I wouldn’t be surprised, depending on how well his next singles/album do, if he ends up going down the modeling path tbh

booked and busy

cr6Zfvz.gif

next, a movie star :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, magazine said:

next, a movie star :jonnycat:

608affd52ea484.20267889.png

20 minutes ago, lovedaddy said:

608affd52ea484.20267889.png

:ahh:

OT: Good for him :clap3:

ok wow he makes those clothes look good, maybe I have to get some TH?!

KK71HPA.gif

From calvin to tom 

Good match, the blandness I get from Shawn is the same blandness I get from Tommy's fashion.

FSj0LvmUYAEk1T2?format=jpg&name=large

:WAP:

1 hour ago, imabadkid said:

Transitioning from teen heartthrob to an adult singer is hard and Bieber is one of the v. few that was able to make that transition successfully. I wouldn’t be surprised, depending on how well his next singles/album do, if he ends up going down the modeling path tbh

luckily he's still 23 and has time to evolve

I’ll be checking out whatever it is they drop. I’ll always support my man :celestial2:

2 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I’ll be checking out whatever it is they drop. I’ll always support my man :celestial2:

tiffany-pollard-flavor-of-love.giftumblr_mwtwe5M37V1qbbb7uo1_250.gifv

at first I was thinking this was a bad match with references like Aaliyah, but the basic collection is v fitting :butterfly:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.