Kim Petras' album shelved and delayed by label for lacking "good songs"

Communion

8 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Anyone like who? 

Doja and Latto the only two currently right? Maybe he’s not that big of a factor in their success as ATRL thinks.  :coffee: Lol.

I lowkey feel like Latto was a fluke because of the recognizable sample.  

I had the feeling that Doja does the hard carry when it comes to her songs being hits and not Dr Luke

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferret

• Lady Claire

• aesthetic bih

• bestfiction

7 hours ago, Dystopian said:

luke clearly doesn’t care about her, if i was an artist and a producer with his catalogue gave me those beats on slvt pop i’d feel insulted.

:skull: The beats on Slvt Pop do sound like they were retrieved from Luke's recycle bin ..

7 hours ago, WildOne said:

I don't understand why Republic Signed her in the first place if they weren't hearing music they liked?

She played them her album, they signed her, now they don't like the songs. But they liked **** Pop, interesting. I don't think songs are the problem.

151537350_rosaavi.thumb.gif.c4004e426367

The sabotage by Dr. Luke. No other explanation after him delivering the supreme smash of Turn off the Light! Why did he not make sister songs to the absolute pop perfection "Malibu" for her to get the stardom she deserves :biblio:

The fact that this is the same girl who made era 1 and clarity resorting to these bottom of the barrel productions and worse lyrics than before. 

It's an extra mess because she's going to be in the same chained to Luke situation Kesha is in :deadbanana4:  Karma did in fact keep receipts!

1 hour ago, skankle said:

It's an extra mess because she's going to be in the same chained to Luke situation Kesha is in :deadbanana4:  Karma did in fact keep receipts!

With the difference that Kesha will be out of this situation after her next album :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

I had the feeling that Doja does the hard carry when it comes to her songs being hits and not Dr Luke

Yeah tbh…some of her instrumentals aren’t even THAT great.  It’s her flow and singing that makes it pop.

Luke did his thing on “You Right” beat though.  But that was the lowest performing out of all the singles.  :skull: 

5 hours ago, WERKER said:

That's interesting Ferret because you don't seem to have problems using "her" for Brandy or Beyonce looking at your post history but you do for Kim? Why is that?@ATRL Administration

Keep crying :ahh: im not getting banned user WERKER

13 hours ago, Ferret said:

Isnt dr Luke her producer? He surely has the hits

this, why is luke hating on her? are they trying to formulate some kind of the fame/teenage dream and have 5-6 smashas in 1 album? does she suck so much that not even luke can save her? 

Idk if it sounds QAnon'd but my assumption would be that Luke was basically using Kim while he was ostracized to subtly push himself back into the industry and now that he makes hits for Doja and others, he's pretty much back in the game and Kim isn't really needed. Maybe he persuaded her into a cotnract to shut her up? Because how in the world was she supposed to release 7 successful albums while being a niche gay artist

14 hours ago, raven said:

ironic that signing herself to L*ke for 7 albums is what killed her career when she thought he was gonna be the one to give her the "hits" she wanted 

remb.thumb.gif.44e371b0fbf62adadfacc8358

She signed for 7 albums!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OH ***** :ahh: 

Considering she only has like 1 or 2 good songs, that album is never coming out.

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

Idk if it sounds QAnon'd but my assumption would be that Luke was basically using Kim while he was ostracized to subtly push himself back into the industry and now that he makes hits for Doja and others, he's pretty much back in the game and Kim isn't really needed. Maybe he persuaded her into a cotnract to shut her up? Because how in the world was she supposed to release 7 successful albums while being a niche gay artist

wait :mandown: i mean ever since he’s been able to comeback with hits for other artists there’s been a clear artistic and quality decline in Kim’s output so there’s probably some truth to this 

She ****** herself over so bad. I don’t feel an ounce of guilt for her. That’s karma. 

and no I don’t hate her because she’s transgender and my hate isn’t stronger or what the **** ever because she’s transgender. It’s because she talked **** about Kesha and you can **** off if you don’t like my opinion. 

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

Well it all make sense to me

So at the end of the day, she's still the clown in these whole situation for actually take the offer in the first place :clownny:

19 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

wait :mandown: i mean ever since he’s been able to comeback with hits for other artists there’s been a clear artistic and quality decline in Kim’s output so there’s probably some truth to this 

It was very convenient for him to hide behind Kim because many queer people would like to see a transgender popstar succeeding. I mean I myself believed because she's trans Luke must've been her only option but it's been debunked. Also some obtuse people could derail the conversation and just accuse everyone who was calling out Kim of "tRanSpHoBiA"

Her decision to not only continue working with Luke but doubling down on the "problematic" narrative + **** Pop + her seemingly getting shelved have effectively killed any hype she had

8 hours ago, TheWalkOfShame said:

Why Aaron Joseph tho? I thought they unfollowed each other and don’t work together anymore.

but yeah she would be better off as an independent Artist 

Aaron went on a handful of nasty, victim-blame rants against Kesha and Becky G, which put some heat on Kim, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just did it to distance herself from him :michael: Probably the same reason she doesn't follow Lil' Aaron, especially after that transphobic pro-Luke rant he went on. 

15 hours ago, Ferret said:

Isnt dr Luke her producer? He surely has the hits

Reported. Her Luke propaganda won’t give you the right to be transphobic.

2 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I think he used her to get a pass from the most easy and loyal audience: white gays.

I do feel bad for her, lots of girlies work with Luke. I think if they would've demoted FSN to a promo track and came out with another lead quickly things would've gone differently. bc all she wants, revelations & something about you are all gorgeous pop songs, so there has to be a few more bangers on the album for single treatment. I think if they leaned into the y2k aesthetic hard + had a funny simple life themed video ASW could do some cute numbers get Paris to promo it too, the "icons only b*tch" part screams tiktok material to me

I do think she should take a step away from the overly sexual music though, it's not very becoming and theres only so many songs about being railed you can listen to in one sitting :gaycat4:

You guys are doing the most about **** Pop lmao, it was just a side project 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.