Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

Dz6auZd3DXYkncD_3hT5WVyk0YxT5vGpzTd4D3fNBGcrmOJZue9r1jTEQRAPbGvHJKKyG5K3dSSDjaJCF6WPu4AitEYKAM3tpDY9j94FtKl0jRhrvrSm6z4McqTG1cL85pMbJQb5ZqECHpyliQ

Golden Hit: Season 1

Five years ago today, a new tournament debuted on ATRL titled “Platinum Hit 10.5”. This was a song writing tournament unlike any other that had occurred on the site before, in that it had one key difference: it wasn’t actually a tournament at all, as nobody would be eliminated. Intended to be the first of a recurring series, despite its success ATRL has never seen another game like this in the five years since; until now.

@Aurora and I are very happy to celebrate today’s five year anniversary by rebooting this unique writing experience as “Golden Hit”!

Golden Hit is simple in concept: each week, players will be presented with a challenge. These challenges consist of prompts and inspiration for a song that we want you to write and will be submitted to be reviewed by Golden Hit’s judging panel. The judges will score each entry and at the end of the round your submissions will be ranked. At the end of Golden Hit, each player's scores from each week will be averaged out and you will receive an overall score for your Golden Hit journey.

THE JUDGING PANEL

tFVRHs_LTP9-8_SQVFJZchIgHTXiCRMQPMqjPQBPH12NL5DyLgoWohcyccfPZVoM_uY0ODWqSMoJIsBYzsscm0oNoneipEWwkwrO_PIa0YzzQUmrg-4fJ2xa3XsvJ0bh9cO6Bv8gHgC2JnDUhAWiNsJ27XmvAWYveUF9e-smtGWUtxNStogCDAHsT4zwWpg2hllatfEwaxY3WotxaP974pKEqBX3k41XzyTk3qqanL9-2EXSlcIhIFoOuSm8ZcGagvlA_z5JTQfbyTQaLYiAZH8OV5HEVR13HURwVeIgyXP0gDUs6c4KMtUDJW87BsYqz3giaigRP4_ZNe157OQ93Eyjpf61T-3l2jld-FgsXNJGXRWosTubWmQVtVCKuzCRDrMAFY5c7hYmqGf7nx0BwDoZdYCEanSSXB9Ylu_f9h1fXgVH0QsAOg

@Aurora                   @Element                  @fountain

Each round will run for one week: rounds will be posted on Saturday’s, and entries will be due by Thursday’s. Judging will occur in between, with results taking place on Saturday before the new round is posted. (Extensions may be granted under circumstance). This first season of Golden Hit will run for six rounds.

Every person who signs up for this game has a place here from now until the very end. Additionally, new players may join the game at any point despite missing the earlier rounds. If, for whatever reason, you need to miss a round of the game, this is fine. Simply put, there will be zero eliminations at all in Golden Hit.

The non elimination formula is integral to Golden Hit as an experience, in that this boot camp type set up can be made into exactly whatever you want it to be. For new writers, this is your chance to learn an incredible amount in a short period of time, receiving feedback and help from the judges and other players, and making an incredible first dive into song writing. For experienced writers, this is a unique chance to branch out of your box, with no fear of elimination you are free to try any new ideas or styles that are not your typical and you can put your writing to the test. Ultimately, this is also your chance to be as competitive or non competitive as you want to be. If your goal is to get the best score of the season, great. If you don’t care about your scores and are only concerned with self improvement, great! Even if you don’t have any interest in song writing and want to just take part for fun; feel free to sign up! 

In the end, this game is for absolutely anybody and everybody, and the experience can be crafted into whatever you want it to be. Isn’t that just golden?

Join this unique creative experience by signing up below!

1. Julia Fox

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. OreGuy

16. Overprotected

17. JoeAG

18. TruGemini

19.  lex

20. Augmented

21. luckystrike

22. Arrows

23. Blue.

24. 8thPrince

25. hurricane326

26. JonginBey

27. Better Mistakes

28. Tylerbv

29. RobDeWittBukater

30. EpicSongFan

31. Lorenzo22

32. Jessie

33. EngimaticAndroid

34. Kunst

35. Prisoner

36. D e v o n

37. selena_lavigne

38. Hug

39. Legend E

40. mxtthewdelrey 

6MKqa_mOzfqdHMyFero6rAc45pTo7owyi07k7Pujlm26BXVo20-IVRfJv7Xg2LlaE5CLz5EYEAyTvNcn1Nq3lAkmnWh86thryrfddY9bwWVRY5tMJ91VXNKmMvBOy7bj2L7cW0c22MewubdyjQ

Edited by fountain

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1: The Element Challenge

Challenge

Aurora's reviews / fountain's reviews

Live Results

Ranking & Scores

Top Three Tokens

Round 2: The Studio Session Challenge

Challenge

Live Results

Ranking & Scores

Top Three Tokens

Round 3: The ATW10MVTVFTV Challenge

Challenge

Live Results

Ranking & Scores

Top Three Tokens

Round 4: The Queer Pride Challenge

Challenge

Live Results

Ranking

Scores

Top Three Tokens

Round 5: The Judge’s Choice Challenge

Challenge

Live Results

Ranking

Scores

Top Three Tokens

Round 6: All or Nothing Final

Challenge

Live Results

Ranking & Scores

Top Three Tokens

Season 1 Finale

Live Finale

1st Place: 8thPrince & Jackson

Season Chart

Season Averages

Edited by fountain

The golden era is about to begin! :1stplace:

1. Julia Fox 

etc.

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

1. Julia Fox 

etc.

the queen of last spoons :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Temporal said:

slay

icon :jonnycat:  bless us with your presence 

Edited by fountain

whew the graphics 

Sorry for tagging, you took part in previous song writing games and we'd love if you took part in Golden Hit!

You won't be tagged further unless you chose to sign up.

@8thPrince @Achilles. @aespa @Alena @Ampersand13 @Astro @ATRL Username @Auburn @ausdaniel @BabyCantYouSee @Bandito @beatinglikeadrum @Bey'Knight @boubour @Blue. @BODERLINE @Body Talk @Buyonce1814 @Callisto. @ceremonials @Citrus @conatus @Corsola @CountryBritney @Courtney Love @Dessy @D e v o n @DripDrip @dweebz @EJQL8 @EmojiClothes @Erotic @Fa1x intelectual @FCKNAmbrosia @feelslikeadream @firecrotch @funnellegs @Glassmouth @highdefinition @hofork @Hooker Barbie @Hug @hurricane326 @ICEY @Invisibility @Jackson @Janey @Jaxswim @JonginBey @khalyan @Kunst @Kylie Jenner @Legacy @Legend E @Limitless @Lorenzo22 @Lucky#17 @luckystrike @Lukey @Marianah Adkins @MattyTacos @mcuykend @Mezik @Moonchild @Mother Earth @musicislife11 @mxtthewdelrey @Nait Phoenix @Noah @Obsession @OnikaSlays @OreGuy @Overprotected @Oxygen @Pecinta Mariah @PoKiTaurus @Prisoner @Raising Hell @R.E.M. @Rence @RihsusChrist(ATG) @SaintWest @Scene. @SeanKevinMusic @selena_lavigne @skwonderfactory @Speezy @St. Charles @swiftie13 @TROPICUM @Temporal @touya kinomoto @Tsareena @Tylerbv @ughgabriel @ultraviolence.xx @URBAN @Ventitonic @Verge of Obscene @Vulnicura @Witch Privilege @wish @Xedretinz Lododnz 

Edited by fountain

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

Welcome writers! We can't wait to begin this writing journey with you all. Stay tuned to the thread for daily updates, announcements, and maybe a reveal or two until the first round begins on Saturday!

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

is this a game for writing and producing real songs? :smitten2: if so count me in, just got new mics and a new interface in the mail 

26 minutes ago, Insanity said:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

18 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

12 minutes ago, boubour said:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

Thanks for signing up!

6 minutes ago, Remmy said:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

:jonny5:

QmV6r4b.gif

3 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

is this a game for writing and producing real songs? :smitten2: if so count me in, just got new mics and a new interface in the mail 

The only requirement for submissions is a written song, but if you'd like to produce and record additionally then that would be amazing to hear!

Edited by fountain

2 minutes ago, fountain said:

QmV6r4b.gif

:kiss: QmV6r4b.gif

I think I participated in the 1st or 2nd season of this but I'm pretty sure I only played once! Now I'm wondering if I should serve cupcakKe or Taylor Swift...

52 minutes ago, fountain said:

icon :jonnycat:  bless us with your presence 

Maybe next season! I'm working and doing a coding bootcamp until September so I'm bookT and busy I fear

5 minutes ago, Remmy said:

I think I participated in the 1st or 2nd season of this but I'm pretty sure I only played once! Now I'm wondering if I should serve cupcakKe or Taylor Swift...

I recall you participating in a very early season! Great to have you back :clap3:

as for Taylor or cupcakke....

VagueNearAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Our first five sign ups! :party:Can we make it to ten?

15 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

As my co-host mentioned, recording and/or producing will never be a requirement in this game. However, we do love to support creativity, however that may be! Some may choose to create single cover artworks for their songs, album track lists, or even plan out whole eras. Others may make mock ups for magazine interviews or blog-style posts in support of their releases. Some, like yourself, may choose to turn your writing into an actual, fully realised song, and we'd love that.

In order to keep things fair, only the written lyrics portion will be reviewed and scored, as that is the main focus of this tournament, and what everyone will be submitting regardless of their additional flavour. Don't let this discourage you from going above and beyond should that be what inspires you most, however!

12 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Your "Spoiled Milk Titties (Taylor Swift Remix) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" is coming! :jonny5:

22 minutes ago, fountain said:

Thanks for signing up!

QmV6r4b.gif

The only requirement for submissions is a written song, but if you'd like to produce and record additionally then that would be amazing to hear!

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Our first five sign ups! :party:Can we make it to ten?

As my co-host mentioned, recording and/or producing will never be a requirement in this game. However, we do love to support creativity, however that may be! Some may choose to create single cover artworks for their songs, album track lists, or even plan out whole eras. Others may make mock ups for magazine interviews or blog-style posts in support of their releases. Some, like yourself, may choose to turn your writing into an actual, fully realised song, and we'd love that.

In order to keep things fair, only the written lyrics portion will be reviewed and scored, as that is the main focus of this tournament, and what everyone will be submitting regardless of their additional flavour. Don't let this discourage you from going above and beyond should that be what inspires you most, however!

omg that still sounds fun tho:bug:

i'm interested in joining! thanks for the informative response you guys!!

recording a full track for every challenge would be tough anyway :giraffe: 

but this is still such a cool creative exercise to practice writing songs

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

Edited by Seiko Oomori

14 minutes ago, fountain said:

as for Taylor or cupcakke....

VagueNearAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

9 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Your "Spoiled Milk Titties (Taylor Swift Remix) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" is coming! :jonny5:

08bf90b7d59eed53e3110614c92a8c5d.gif

6 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

omg that still sounds fun tho:bug:

i'm interested in joining! thanks for the informative response you guys!!

recording a full track for every challenge would be tough anyway :giraffe: 

but this is still such a cool creative exercise to practice writing songs

YOU-RE-JESS-WHAT-I-WANT.gif

Exactly! Hopefully with the judge's feedback and the great challenges that we have lined up some amazing songs will be created :jonny5: we can't wait to read them all

oh it’s only 6 rounds? definitely signing up then :foxaylove2:

unknown.png

Let's begin the countdown to Round 1 of Golden Hit with a little question and answer time!

I'm sure many of you have some burning questions or would just like to understand the mechanics of the game a little better, and we also would like to get to know you as writers a little more! Until the debut of Round 1 this season, please feel free to ask any and every question you may have relating to the tournament (or about anything, really!) @fountain and I will do our best to get back to you ASAP.

My co-host has also prepared a fun optional questionnaire for everyone to participate in to get to know each other better, if you wish to do so!

Here's a little optional questionnaire for everybody signing up to introduce themselves!

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

2. What is your previous experience with song writing?

3. Who are your favourite song writers?

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

6. Lastly, feel free you share some examples of your writing!

Edited by fountain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.