Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

2 hours ago, lex said:

Turned out to just be some people playing with fireworks :rip:  it’s not even july yet 

I'm so tired of fireworks :!ohno: Luckily my neighborhood has been really quiet so far but my last one would start in early June, it got old so quick :rip: and then my 2020 started with the power off because someone blew out the power around the area because fireworks hit the line or whatever.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, lex said:

Submitting now! it’s a tad short, I wanted to extend but some sh* went down :ace: 

Hide contents

there was an apartment fire or something down the street and we all evacuated for a bit :deadbanana2: My element challenge became a prophecy :deadbanana2: (everything’s fine now though) 

Omg :deadbanana2:

13 hours ago, Jackson said:

:celestial5:

I believe there was an "if" condition there, and it wasn't met. :rip: I know it sucks for y'all that already submitted a week ago, sorry.

11 hours ago, Augmented said:

Submitted! just wanted to say whether the submission is good or not, I’m definitely not happy with it and wish I could have executed it how I initially wanted to but I just couldn’t unfortunately.

Also wanted to say thank you for hosting this @Aurora and @fountain these past six weeks have been a rollercoaster but I’m glad to have participated :heart:

Considering your song that ""didn't meet the challenge criteria"" last round, I'm not too worried. I'm so glad you've enjoyed your Golden Hit experience!

Despite feeling as if I may pass out earlier today here I am doing reviews. :matty:

• ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, Remmy said:

I'm so tired of fireworks :!ohno: Luckily my neighborhood has been really quiet so far but my last one would start in early June, it got old so quick :rip: and then my 2020 started with the power off because someone blew out the power around the area because fireworks hit the line or whatever.

I hate them too and I don't understand why people do them, especially if it's a non-organized thing (as in, made by officials). My cat gets so scared every New Year's because of this :skull:. Plus, of course, it is extremely dangerous. Also, the ones in Romania are ugly,  it's literally the same ones in the same shitty colours every year :skull: 

6 hours ago, lex said:

Submitting now! it’s a tad short, I wanted to extend but some sh* went down :ace: 

Hide contents

there was an apartment fire or something down the street and we all evacuated for a bit :deadbanana2: My element challenge became a prophecy :deadbanana2: (everything’s fine now though) 

Mess :rip:  The full circle :flame:

3 hours ago, lex said:

Turned out to just be some people playing with fireworks :rip:  it’s not even july yet 

54 minutes ago, Remmy said:

20 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I hate them too and I don't understand why people do them, especially if it's a non-organized thing (as in, made by officials). My cat gets so scared every New Year's because of this :skull:. Plus, of course, it is extremely dangerous. Also, the ones in Romania are ugly,  it's literally the same ones in the same shitty colours every year :skull: 

Lemme co sign as I am a firework hater too. They literally serve no good purpose and are actually so much more of a nuisance than they are worth, especially for anybody who cares about or has animals. No shade to people who like fireworks but they’re honestly the lowest form of entertainment,  like… a boom and some colour, thrilling :rip: society needs to move past it 

34 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Yeah my dog hates them and it (usually) makes this time of year so frustrating on several levels. Wow, nothing is worse than loud and ugly fireworks :!ohno:

7 minutes ago, fountain said:

Lemme co sign as I am a firework hater too. They literally serve no good purpose and are actually so much more of a nuisance than they are worth, especially for anybody who cares about or has animals. No shade to people who like fireworks but they’re honestly the lowest form of entertainment,  like… a boom and some colour, thrilling :rip: society needs to move past it 

Society has past the need for fireworks, it's true!! Yeah you didn't lie one bit.. they might've been enjoyable when I was younger but if you're not putting on a massive/beautiful show then what's the point.. and if you are then it shouldn't be done in a neighborhood anyway. Unfortunately they will never stop in the US since we can't even get more dangerous things like guns regulated properly :cm:

9 minutes ago, fountain said:

3 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Yeah my dog hates them and it (usually) makes this time of year so frustrating on several levels. Wow, nothing is worse than loud and ugly fireworks :!ohno:

Society has past the need for fireworks, it's true!! Yeah you didn't lie one bit.. they might've been enjoyable when I was younger but if you're not putting on a massive/beautiful show then what's the point.. and if you are then it shouldn't be done in a neighborhood anyway. Unfortunately they will never stop in the US since we can't even get more dangerous things like guns regulated properly :cm:

I mean even aside from the fire hazard that I just saw, I feel so bad for dogs whenever there are fireworks :mazen: or anyone who’s sensitive to stimuli or loud bangs. Plus the pollutants, smoke, chemicals, ash? C’mon

10 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Unfortunately they will never stop in the US since we can't even get more dangerous things like guns regulated properly :cm:

The US will ride the ‘wild west’ wet dream until we collapse lol 

2 hours ago, lex said:

I mean even aside from the fire hazard that I just saw, I feel so bad for dogs whenever there are fireworks :mazen: or anyone who’s sensitive to stimuli or loud bangs. Plus the pollutants, smoke, chemicals, ash? C’mon

my dog has an intense fear of fireworks so we can hardly take him on evening walks in the summer. he hears one firework in the distance and he refuses to walk, then when he’s at home he runs to hide in his crate :sad: . we can never go anywhere for the 4th of july anymore bc i feel so bad for him 

This page being anti-Cherry omg?

but yes I hate fireworks

4 hours ago, lex said:

Exactly. Not good for the environment and it scares plenty of pets + people. The only benefit is a little temporary excitement from the colors. :zzz:

4 hours ago, lex said:

The US will ride the ‘wild west’ wet dream until we collapse lol 

The unfortunate truth :) Things are just getting worse & worse and everything is definitely going to explode soon...

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Golden Hit is officially anti fireworks 

mev-11063036.jpg

period!!! now let's talk about doorbell sounds in TV commercials :cm:

44 minutes ago, Remmy said:

period!!! now let's talk about doorbell sounds in TV commercials :cm:

that might be more of an American thing tbh because this isn't something that immediately jumps out to me... but I would say, in general, your adverts are very obnoxious :rip:

but that's kinda par for the course, right?

Here are the final songs of Golden Hit season 1!!

Italicised songs chose the All prompt :whistle: the rest are Nothing:

@hurricane326 - Trees

@DatChickDoe - Romantic Villain

@Julia Fox - The Last Time I Saw You (Ivan's Song)

@Better Mistakes - Blah, Blah, Blah... **** You!

@Jackson - Peak

@Hug - Edgelord & Savior

@TruGemini - June 5th, 2044

@OreGuy - Gum

@Prisoner - The Candle

@Augmented - Blurred

@Euterpe - Infinite Flame

@Legend E - I'll Get to You

@D e v o n - I or U

@Achilles. - Crush

@Remmy - Paper Airplane Crashes

@lex - Done

@8thPrince - I'm Practicing Happiness

@JoeAg - Cherry Girl

Thank you all for submitting for the final round :heart: the finale is scheduled to take place on July 1st, 7PM EDT and I hope you all can be there for it! Hopefully this time works for everybody across our different time zones; if it doesn't please let us know and we will see what we can do!

And of course, thank you all for participating over this first season as a whole. We'll get into that sappy stuff more during the finale but any opportunity to thank you all is an opportunity I'll take! We really appreciate it and have enjoyed this and I hope you have too :bird:

My final reviews will be posted later tonight. Good luck everybody! :heart2:

Edited by fountain
EDT not EST

6 hours ago, fountain said:

@EpicSongFan @mxtthewdelrey @RobDeWittBukater should we expect late entries from any of you? :swim:

Oh, I'm sorry, this week went completely different than I thought it would. An opportunity came up for me to join an international moot court so all week I've just been getting my application ready + keeping up with my regular classes :jonnycat: I'm sad that I wasn't able to make an entry, but I still look forward to catching up with everyone else's submissions once my current semester is finished :heart:

1 minute ago, RobDeWittBukater said:

Oh, I'm sorry, this week went completely different than I thought it would. An opportunity came up for me to join an international moot court so all week I've just been getting my application ready + keeping up with my regular classes :jonnycat: I'm sad that I wasn't able to make an entry, but I still look forward to catching up with everyone else's submissions once my current semester is finished :heart:

Aw that's understandable! Thank you for participating over the season though :heart: maybe we can see you again in the future? :eddie:

• ATRL Moderator

Oh no, not reviews tonight :dancehall2:

1 hour ago, fountain said:

that might be more of an American thing tbh because this isn't something that immediately jumps out to me... but I would say, in general, your adverts are very obnoxious :rip:

Reveal hidden contents

but that's kinda par for the course, right?

Oop, lucky :oh: And yep, so many of our commercials are obnoxious and stupid. Love this country!!!!! Apparently it's too hard to show that something is being delivered to your house unless a loud doorbell is thrown in there to rile up dogs. :)

Full song for anyone who cares:

Blah, Blah, Blah... F*** You!

63697760336f55bfdc3dc5e0312472af.jpg

Lyrics:

(Intro: spoken words by Lady Gaga)
There can be 100 people in a room and 99 of them don’t believe in you 
But all it takes is one and…
Blah, blah, blah

(Chorus)
**** you and this comp, it’s just another poem dump 
When the songs are whack then the judges love that
**** you and your scores I don’t wanna chase applause 
If they performed their songs, then they’d fall apart 

(Verse 1)
Deserve a coin for this track and my irrelevance 
‘Cause what the **** is a judge if he ain’t here
Hammering down on my ass ‘til I’m stuttering 
Something, something, something, blah, blah, blah, blah
They all like to recite it’s music not bling
But I would rather not wait outside for loose change
And that line failed to rhyme, so call the feds then
I’m really only flopping in their poor lane

(Pre chorus)
When I write a tune then I’d rather ignore
The depth and the pretension 
But you wanted complex so lemme give it all
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

(Chorus)

(Post Chorus)
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na
Copy and paste this and that

(Verse 2)
Yeah, I ripped off this tune just to submit
Will daddy Fountain and Aurora come and tame me?
I’m just a s*** and a b**** for my school bullies 
Now I’m ending second verse for big dick

(Pre Chorus)

(Chorus)

(Post Chorus)
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na

(Chorus)

(Outro: spoken word by Lady Gaga)
But all it takes is one and it just changes your whole life

Edited by Better Mistakes

Remmy 'Golden Hits, Vol. 1' EP

SIDE 1 || HITS FROM THE BACK

1. Nonstop Hardcore

2. Scary Movie

3. Flowerbloom

SIDE 2 || HITS TO THE HEART

4. Paper Airplane Crashes

5. Pulse

6. Don't Let a Man Tell You What to Do (with Sigrid)

BONUS || POST-NUT CLARITY

7. Sex Song Megamix

8. Don't Let a Man Tell You What to Do (Explicit Club Mix)

Lyrics to Paper Airplane Crashes for anyone that's interested :lakitu:

[verse 1]
Watching myself through an astral projection
Shaking my head at every selection, I make
I let out a laugh, while everyone has a frown
I'm never quite on the same page

Feeling like a burden, everytime I get a word in
Even with my own family
Somebody called to ask about the kids
You completely skip over my name
And when I yell at you for that
I don't know how you stand the sight of me

All I do is disappoint you
A crowd full of people that love me... the seats are empty
And even though the seats are empty
No, there's no room for you in here

[instrumental break]

[verse 2]
I'm not destined for a long life
Always tell myself I'll never hit fourty
"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"
There's an answer I can never see

I'm a professional at wasting time
Got over a decade full of proof
But once I run out of it
I'll probably be begging for more
Wish I could give some time up
To the people that have little left

Not sure if I can truly love anything
Every positive thought barely sticks around
Sometimes it feels like I'm not even alive
I guess I'm living just to survive

[instrumental break]

[bridge]
My engine's starting to fail
We're spinning out of control
No one responds when I call
Body separates from the soul
1,000 feet above the ocean
There's nothing I can do anymore...

[verse 3]
My paper airplane crashes, stuck in water for too long
And I tried to save the bodies, but the current was too strong
Now the trauma never leaves, I fear that it will be lifelong
So now I live out each day recalling things that I did wrong

Oh so wrong, Oh so wrong. I did every damn thing wrong.
Took too long, took too long. Now the hope in me is gone.
Hope is gone, hope is gone. How do I just carry on?
Carry on.
(the word "on" echoes for a bit & then fades out)

14 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

Full song for anyone who cares:

Blah, Blah, Blah... F*** You!

63697760336f55bfdc3dc5e0312472af.jpg

Lyrics:

Reveal hidden contents

(Intro: spoken words by Lady Gaga)
But all it takes is one and…
Blah, blah, blah

(Chorus)
**** you and this comp, it’s just another poem dump 
When the songs are whack then the judges love that
**** you and your scores I don’t wanna chase applause 
If they performed their songs, then they’d fall apart 

(Verse 1)
Deserve a coin for this track and my irrelevance 
‘Cause what the **** is a judge if he ain’t here
Hammering down on my ass ‘til I’m stuttering 
Something, something, something, blah, blah, blah, blah
They all like to recite it’s music not bling
But I would rather not wait outside for loose change
And that line failed to rhyme, so call the feds then
I’m really only flopping in their poor lane

(Pre chorus)
When I write a tune then I’d rather ignore
The depth and the pretension 
But you wanted complex so lemme give it all

(Chorus)

(Post Chorus)
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na

(Verse 2)
Yeah, I ripped off this tune just to submit
Will daddy Fountain and Aurora come and tame me?
I’m just a s*** and a b**** for my school bullies 
Now I’m ending second verse for big dick

(Pre Chorus)

(Chorus)

(Post Chorus)
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na

(Chorus)

(Outro: spoken word by Lady Gaga)
But all it takes is one and it just changes your whole life

Forgot this and the editor is being a pain :deadbanana4:

Edited by Better Mistakes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.