Did Kim Cattrall win at the end?

SupremeGoddess

After the announcement and release of AJLT there was a (social) media and storm regarding the lack of Samantha Jones inarguably the most beloved, respected, revered and fan favorite character from the once great Sex and the City franchise. 

For months Horse and her minions would bring up Samantha/Kim to push and promote the show, it was after all what everyone was talking about: Samantha’s absence 

And-Just-Like-That-770x566.jpeg

the show ultimately premiered to highly mediocre reviews, and although a ratings success, fans were not happy

The worse was that Kim Cattrall was made to look like the loser, the one who lost the opportunity, who was never invited (SJP and HBO mentioned they were open for Kim to return, only to recently backtrack) 

but then miss Cattrall starred in the successful Hilary Duff-lead HIMYM spin off, announced she’d star in the upcoming Queer as Folk reboot (which also stars non binary characters with Kim having a sex scene similar to Miranda Hobbs and Che ((although probably not bad)) as well as star with icon and film legend Robert Deniro for a film premiering later this year 

then when Horse and her minions thought they had won, miss Cattrall triumphed  scoring, at 65 years, a Farfetch campaign and a cover at the highly coveted Variety magazine 

farfetch-3.jpg?w=800

and whilst being honored by Variety, she was supported by the REAL SATC makers (Patricia Field, Candanfe Bushnell and Darren Star) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdPLY-QJbQ-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

and now Miss Cattrall is set to release a skin care line for the body for Olehenriksen 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdbese1vc_g/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

so, did Kim ultimately win at the end? Scoring one of the most successful years of her career at the age of 65 and without having to latch onto the past and nostalgia for it? 

thoughts? 

Edited by SupremeGoddess

All 4 have successful careers.

The 3 that are left on AJLT made an amazingly huge amount of money, so they “win” financially by a landslide. 

An actor just wants to be booked and continue to be booked - so none of them will have a problem with that.

I mean... the others 3 bagged $1M per episode :rip:

Okay call Sarah “horse” is a bit harsh, but it’s true.

SATC should’ve ended after the first film, but the new series is so bland and tried so hard to be inclusive it fell flat. 

I think this is more of a personal win, Kim is still booked and busy and doesn’t want revisit the character anymore and that’s okay. 

She truly did. The new show is a mess and I can’t believe I watched the pilot. A hot mess. Not in a good way like SATC.

She’s forgotten and unknown outside of Sex and the City fans, while SJP is still a huge star, and Cynthia Nixon has a rising political career (progressive Queen), so imma say….Nope :cm:

no she didn't, she's probably mad the show was still a success without her

9 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Okay call Sarah “horse” is a bit harsh, but it’s true.

lindsay-lohan-lindsey-lohan.gif

10 minutes ago, Jaay said:

All 4 have successful careers.

The 3 that are left on AJLT made an amazingly huge amount of money, so they “win” financially by a landslide. 

An actor just wants to be booked and continue to be booked - so none of them will have a problem with that.

That may be true but I wouldn’t give my morals away for any amount of money, how do you think SJP will be perceived when she said in the beginning she’d be open for Kim to return to recently backtracking? Or how she, HBO and Michael Patrick talked how they have Kim a chance only for her to expose their lying asses in the Variety interview saying she only found about AJLT when it was announced? It was clear that Kim was pushed aside and bullied and disrespected and she came out victorious. The other 3 can make all the money on the world but now we can see they are not what they pretend to be. Kim stood firm and is having her most successful career year since 2010 or 2008 even. Like she said “there’s power in saying no”. A class act through and through 

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

She’s forgotten and unknown outside of Sex and the City fans, while SJP is still a huge star, and Cynthia Nixon has a rising political career (progressive Queen), so imma say….Nope :cm:

Forgotten but was chosen to be the face of Farfetch? Make it make sense and good luck booking that political career you speak off now that the US has become Gilead 

MadonnasBoyfriend

You're doing that thing where you rewrite history to suit your point.

No. Just because she didn’t star In the show cuz it didn’t get glowing reviews… it’s was fairly big and wasn’t it Renewed?? Is not like she’s in very successful shows nowadays. She just knew when to end things but missed on a big check and well… again the show was successful even if it got shitty reviews. So again.. no. 

5 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

No. Just because she didn’t star In the show cuz it didn’t get glowing reviews… it’s was fairly big and wasn’t it Renewed?? Is not like she’s in very successful shows nowadays. She just knew when to end things but missed on a big check and well… again the show was successful even if it got shitty reviews. So again.. no. 

False. She’s starring in a show that also got renewed, which according to your logic, is a success, and will star in the Queer as Folk reboot as well a movie with Robert Deniro. Do SJP stans not know how to read? 

8 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

You're doing that thing where you rewrite history to suit your point.

Where am I exactly rewriting history tho? There’s evidence to everything I said in the OP, I didn’t lie regarding any fact :lakitu: so Kim scoring her three biggest career gigs since SATC, banking from being the face of a worldwide Farfetch campaign, releasing her own skin care line and being honored by Variety is losing? :bird: Maybe im not the one rewriting history here 

MadonnasBoyfriend
Just now, SupremeGoddess said:

Where am I exactly rewriting history tho?

In the OP.

Didn't that show she was in playing a Samantha-like character get canceled???

I would say no, also I'm betting on the QaF reboot also being terrible. 

The OP braggin about Variety magazine:gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

In the OP.

Wrong as usual :celestial4:

yes, she's booked and busy.

but so are the girls who did AJLT. they all won.

31 minutes ago, SupremeGoddess said:

lindsay-lohan-lindsey-lohan.gif

That may be true but I wouldn’t give my morals away for any amount of money, how do you think SJP will be perceived when she said in the beginning she’d be open for Kim to return to recently backtracking? Or how she, HBO and Michael Patrick talked how they have Kim a chance only for her to expose their lying asses in the Variety interview saying she only found about AJLT when it was announced? It was clear that Kim was pushed aside and bullied and disrespected and she came out victorious. The other 3 can make all the money on the world but now we can see they are not what they pretend to be. Kim stood firm and is having her most successful career year since 2010 or 2008 even. Like she said “there’s power in saying no”. A class act through and through 

Yeah, sure. That's all true in theory but at the end of the day none of us were there. 

At the end of the day - no one came out victorious because no one lost. All four of those woman want to work on things they love and make money. It seems as if they are all doing that. 

She won at looking bitter and exposing herself as the real villain, yes.

While the rest have remained classy and quiet all this time, miss Cattrall has given numerous interviews about it to sell whatever two of the two remakes she's doing. And I don't blame her, Variety wouldn't have given her that exposure if she hadn't talked about the SATC drama for the 14543th time so a ***** did what a ***** had to do to promote her two new remakes where she plays a secondary character.

Let us not forget her latest effort at a leading project, Filthy Rich, ended up getting cancelled and taken off the air before the season even finished.

ezgifcom-r9796.thumb.gif.8e9f2eb163f4970

Gays and their need to make a stan war out of anything :rip: 

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

I mean... the others 3 bagged $1M per episode :rip:

This plus Kim continues to be booked as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.