Sony's Top Q1 '22 Albums: Doja #1; Top FY '21: Adele #1

Hector

According to Sony Corp‘s results, Sony Music Entertainment‘s ten biggest recorded music projects in the calendar Q1 2022 quarter (ex-Japan), in order of global revenue generation, were:

1. Doja Cat Planet Her
  2. Lil Nas X MONTERO
  3. The Kid LAROI F*CK LOVE 3+: OVER YOU
  4. Harry Styles Fine Line
  5. TOOL Fear Inoculum
  6. Lil Durk 7720
  7. Polo G Hall of Fame
  8. Rod Wave SoulFly
  9. Rauw Alejandro VICE VERSA
  10. Luke Combs What You See Is What You Get

Because calendar Q1 2022 is also Sony Corp’s fiscal Q4 (FY2021), the firm additionally revealed today Sony Music’s ten biggest global recorded music projects (ex-Japan) in the twelve months to end of March this year.

Those projects were:

1. Adele 30
  2. Doja Cat Planet Her 
  3. The Kid LAROI F*CK LOVE 3+: OVER YOU
  4. Lil Nas X MONTERO 
  5. Harry Styles Fine Line 
  6. Polo G Hall of Fame 
  7. Luke Combs What You See Is What You Get 
  8. Doja Cat Hot Pink
  9. Travis Scott ASTROWORLD 
  10. Rauw Alejandro VICE VERSA

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/sony-generates-1-99bn-from-recorded-music-and-music-publishing-in-calendar-q1-up-13-5-yoy/

Adele :clap3: Doja's longevity :eek:

Wow.  This proves how front-loaded 30 really was! A late November release cannot even rank in the top 10 albums in the first three months of the new year for her label.  People really heard it and said no.  

talent always wins :1stplace:

Number one where it actually matters. Will also likely be number one on bb200 yec. Flop 

20 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Will also likely be number one on bb200 yec.

You seriously think she will outsell Morgan?  That is optimistic.  

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

You seriously think she will outsell Morgan?  That is optimistic.  

Could be wrong but I believe she’s currently #1. He’s the one who needs to outsell her. Which is possible given his insane longevity. Been a while since I’ve seen an up to date list though. 

19 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Could be wrong but I believe she’s currently #1. He’s the one who needs to outsell her. Which is possible given his insane longevity. Been a while since I’ve seen an up to date list though. 

Has she sold 2 million units yet?  She has the lead because her debut was one of the first weeks of the BB200 year, but she is no longer in the top 50.  Meanwhile Morgan is on track to cross the 2 million mark this year alone.  

22 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Actually I looked it up and we are at the halfway mark. 
Currently Adele is in the lead with 2.3m units
Taylor is in second with 1.55m units and would need to sell 30,000 more units than adele per week to catch up 
Encanto is in third with 1.4 million units  and would need to sell 36,000 more units than adele per week to catch up
Morgan is in 4th with 1.15 million units and would need to sell 46,000 more units than adele per week to catch up

So it is actually unlikely for any of them to get there in 1 year but possible for all of them to surpass it in the long run.  (Morgan already has by a factor of almost 2).  

the SCOOP collaborators sitting at the top :gaycat1:

May be an image of 1 person

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Actually I looked it up and we are at the halfway mark. 
Currently Adele is in the lead with 2.3m units
Taylor is in second with 1.55m units and would need to sell 30,000 more units than adele per week to catch up 
Encanto is in third with 1.4 million units  and would need to sell 36,000 more units than adele per week to catch up
Morgan is in 4th with 1.15 million units and would need to sell 46,000 more units than adele per week to catch up

So it is actually unlikely for any of them to get there in 1 year but possible for all of them to surpass it in the long run.  (Morgan already has by a factor of almost 2).  

Yeah, they almost have no chance to pass it.

If anything Harry's album may be the one to do it, if the album debuts big (400-500k) and serves longevity like FL, it should have no problem doing it.

Yes Gawd Amala

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.