Just tested positive for Covid. Now what?

bad guy

After avoiding Covid for two years, I've caught it from someone I know who I thought just had a cold at a Greek life event. What sucks is I didn't catch it at all at any festivals I went to so I feel like this is some sick prank. Haven't lost any senses and just have a bit of a sore throat but how do I get rid of this fast? I'm currently under isolation at my university and my finals are next week so this is the worst timing ever :rip:

So to all the infected users: how long did it take to test negative? Any home remedies? Shows to watch? I'm BORED

Edited by bad guy

Listen to Tinashe for quick recovery

I used my week off to workout and eat healthily (Because I lost my sense of taste).  

Just now, byzantium said:

I used my week off to workout and eat healthily (Because I lost my sense of taste).  

I was gonna workout today (I haven't since Friday and it's killing me) but not sure if I'll be able to go to the gym in my building because the school knows I'm in isolation. They probably wouldn't know if I went so maybe I'll just wear a mask and go. I have some weights in my room but they're light so I won't feel as great but that's another option. 

Drink lots of fluids (especially things with electrolytes), and remember to eat. 

My bf and I live together, he just got back from a work trip a couple days ago and yesterday tested positive for COVID. I’m still testing negative, though

Spoiler

For now :dancehall:

Hope you continue to stay well sis 

I caught it last month, I was triple vaccinated so most of my symptoms were mild, but I still took it easy for a week. I spent most of my days in my bedroom watching YouTube and drinking Emergen-C. I didn't go to the gym until I tested negative, so instead I did at-home workouts on YouTube from people like Fraser Wilson and PMA Fitness.

• ATRL Moderator

If it's not curtains for you, then watch Heartstopper on Netflix :heart2: And use this time to study for finals!

7 minutes ago, bad guy said:

I was gonna workout today (I haven't since Friday and it's killing me) but not sure if I'll be able to go to the gym in my building because the school knows I'm in isolation. They probably wouldn't know if I went so maybe I'll just wear a mask and go. I have some weights in my room but they're light so I won't feel as great but that's another option. 

I ran outside and just did calisthenic workouts.  Just for the sake of doing your part for the community, I would not encourage going to indoor shared spaces.  

I just had it, tested positive on April 26. Dodged it for two years as well, I'm vaxxed but not boosted.

In my case, the first few days were the worst. The congestion is the worst. Some coughing. Lost my appetite, one day I couldn't keep any water or food in me (indigestion). :toofunny2: 

Luckily, no difficulty breathing or fever or vomiting or loss of taste/scent. Still getting over it now, though. It's not fun. Mainly dealing with some congestion and fatigue. It's definitely not something you can rush through, unfortunately. But I hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

stream the album on my signature to feel better :heart:

i heard drinking Red sangria helps

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

enjoy your week off bestie 

What they said. Same boat as you, I caught COVID last week for the first time after avoiding it for two years. Just ahead and log out for me and enjoy your week off

50 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I caught it last month, I was triple vaccinated so most of my symptoms were mild, but I still took it easy for a week. I spent most of my days in my bedroom watching YouTube and drinking Emergen-C. I didn't go to the gym until I tested negative, so instead I did at-home workouts on YouTube from people like Fraser Wilson and PMA Fitness.

I had Emergen-C this morning. I do follow fitness people on Youtube so I guess room workouts will be the move

47 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I ran outside and just did calisthenic workouts.  Just for the sake of doing your part for the community, I would not encourage going to indoor shared spaces.  

Yeah I'm not going to. I'll just do a lot of reps with my light weights or follow workout vids.

46 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

I just had it, tested positive on April 26. Dodged it for two years as well, I'm vaxxed but not boosted.

In my case, the first few days were the worst. The congestion is the worst. Some coughing. Lost my appetite, one day I couldn't keep any water or food in me (indigestion). :toofunny2: 

Luckily, no difficulty breathing or fever or vomiting or loss of taste/scent. Still getting over it now, though. It's not fun. Mainly dealing with some congestion and fatigue. It's definitely not something you can rush through, unfortunately. But I hope you feel better soon. 

I'm triple vaxxed but yeah I actually had a worse sore throat the night after the event, and by Sunday my sore throat wasn't that bad. The only thing that sucks is I've already been getting headaches the past month so these past three days they've been more painful rather than just annoying. I just hope I'll be negative by finals week. Thanks!

Ginger tea with honey. Throw a few cloves in there 

Some tylenol

Rest

Sinking Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Edited by Bentley

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

You’ll get over your cold. 

Rude :skull: 

but forreal, you’ll be ok. You’ll just feel like **** for a while. Did you dr give you antibiotics?

test negative 

Watch time travelling murder mystery show "The 7 Lives of Lea" on Netflix. It's about a French girl in 2021 switching bodies to the year of 1991 to solve a mystery who murdered a local Arab low income immigrant and his life in high school. It's gonna have you on the edge of your seat with each episode but at least give it a chance to see first episode to see if you like it.

Same damn thing just happened to me :deadbanana:

no symptoms other than soar throat and fever for like 2 days. The tests kept coming out positive for like 3 weeks tho ? 

Luckily mine was pretty mild, just treated it away like a regular cold with cough drops and fever relief pills and of course lots of fluids and rest and isolation 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.