BTS scam fans; label greatest hits album as anthology album

Saintlor

Their new album is 34 tracks long and only 4 tracks are new songs and the rest are their old songs from the last 8 years

And they're labelling at as an anthology album :dies: 

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1523680797579874304/photo/2

Their fans are eating this up too. A greatest hits album is completely not needed in the streaming era and for them to even have the nerve to brand is as an anthology album as if it's artsy is just :dies: 

Edited by Saintlor

Aren't Greatest Hits and Anthology albums basically the same thing though? And how is that a scam if the tracklist is known and fans know these are their old hits?

5 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Aren't Greatest Hits and Anthology albums basically the same thing though? And how is that a scam if the tracklist is known and fans know these are their old hits?

Mte I thought it was the same thing

Western pop fans finding out kpop fans don't buy albums for the music in the CD :rip:

How is it a scam as if their fans wouldn't buy anything they put out whether it "anthology" or "greatest hits"? It's a just a label :deadbanana2:

They've been completely transparent from the beginning about the content of this album. If you want to have a wider conversation about the K-pop industry, consumption and sustainability then sure, but BTS are far from the worst offenders when other artists come out with single albums and mini-albums with 2-4 tracks all the time.

this is just for their album to chart forever on billboard 200 i bet

4 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

Mte I thought it was the same thing

Western pop fans finding out kpop fans don't buy albums for the music in the CD :rip:

but even then, some kpop groups release Greatest Hits albums for Japanese markets (SNSD, TWICE for example)

9 minutes ago, Sugden said:

this is just for their album to chart forever on billboard 200 i bet

As basic as this.

Greatest hits & anthology are basically the same thing. It has every song they've released as a lead single, hit or not. I'm not sure where the scam is.

Also, this would be a scam if they didn't know what they were buying. The full tracklist is out a month before the album comes out.

The reach

The weeknd released a greatest hits literal last year lol 

anthology vs greatest hits is literal nitpicking. If you wanna make a hate thread try harder i guess

Umm not the backfire :skull:

BTScam strikes again. They can't fraud the Hot 100 anymore so they're moving to the Billboard 200

And tbh, regardless of the artist, Greatest Hits / compilation albums should not be allowed to chart by catalog streams :rip: 

The only crime is their existence in the industry.

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

:dies: 

The fact that they think everything they do is an accomplishment :dies: and she's thinking she did a serve by adding the full stop at the and like its a big thing :rip:

i think this was already announced to be a “greatest hits” album tho… the problem is that none of those “hits” are great… why would anyone buy an album with both dynamite and butter? tragic

I'm pretty sure they could sell their fans an album with ONE song and they'd still buy it.

6 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

I'm pretty sure they could sell their fans an album with ONE song and they'd still buy it.

Butter was basically an album with 2 songs (and 2 versions) and it sold like 3 millions, thats just kpop, artists sells single albums with 1 or 2 songs it sells a lot then 4 months later another single album with 2 songs and sells the same or more, people don't buy the albums just for the music they buy it for all the inclusions that come with the album

Edited by Spears_Stan

They're not scamming the fans, they just know they're that stupid to buy a GH in 2022 or basically consumed whatever they release :michael: 

They are always #1 yet I don't hear them on radio or see them in social media.

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

Exactly, and they have. I remember they sold an album with like 2 or 3 songs and it actually sold lmao

They can’t scam fans that will buy literally anything they release. So it’s categorically false to call them scammers when the content is irrelevant to the consumer.  :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.