Polgg48 albums archived w/ blurb (19/04/2024 week)

Polgg48

you me at six :clap:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polgg48

• Into The Void

• Alldeezy

• Topmaster 2

On 5/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, Polgg48 said:

17/2/2023 week

cool down week with irrelevant p!nk, great time to catch up previous releases from this year.

Orbital - Optical Delusion

Orbital - Optical Delusion

on vein of what they already have overdone and dealt over the lengthy course of their career, electronic/techno legend gives us nothing go girl, overproduced multiple stacked layers which could be cited as noise electronic genre. fan'd certainly be happy with this new(barely) materials.

fav: orbital ringa ringa, the new abnormal, home

Skrillex - Quest for Fire

Skrillex - Quest for Fire

testament to his production skills which always standout from banging debut meme by everyone back then and as well bringing it on the table here. polished clean hard well-produced EDM record, great pacing great layering, wack new image but music is streamline ear candy bops.

fav: rumble, butterflies, XENA

Anna B Savage - in|FLUX

Anna B Savage - in|FLUX

sophomore project of UK singer songwriter, heavily focus over her lyricism which are bunch of hit and misses in between. soft pop rock art pop style bait awards a bit but sure this is subtle relaxing, her well-sung vocal would be not everyone cup of tea, if anyone appreciate this, thanks for good taste.

fav: the ghost, say my name, feet of clay  

Avey Tare - 7s

Avey Tare - 7s

epitome of cute, synth layers are subtle detailed and fairly nice melodies to feel along while it's so close yet so far to envision visual that falls chunky and bit drag toward the end. all things aside, it's cute attempt from animal collective frontman and good filler psychedelia pop LP before their main new album.

fav: invisible darlings, Lips at Night   

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Land of Sleeper

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Land of Sleeper

plenty of skills showcase segments and great fundamental production that stoner metal could capture essence of its raw energy and numb little feel to blow it all on climax. however, this is bad autopilot album, misconception visual, messy paces and furious vocal just screams meaninglessly, chore and satire.

fav: big rig, the weatherman 

Screaming Females - Desire Pathway

Screaming Females - Desire Pathway

not total in-your-face bing bang boom garage rock following their signature style of storytelling. pretty old school lyricism drive back to 60-70's feel and mature self-reflective contents, radiates big lesbian energy in positive sheer of dawn light in spring. simple, on point, no crumb left

fav: mourning dove, let you go, so low

dEUS - How To Replace It

dEUS - How To Replace It

from very 90's songwriting that remains as their solid blueprint to significant less experimental sides, their 9th studio album has cold freeze apocalypse feels type of art rock, minimal content on musical wise and interest project to say the least, enjoyable deadpan vocal in weird way.

fav: title track, dream is a giver, simple pleasures  

Inhaler - Cuts And Bruises

Inhaler - Cuts And Bruises

criminally bad, indie rock major label band swarms themselves to attract any fangirls who mindlessly blind follow any all male group because oMG tHeY ArE sO CutE. bland songwriting/vocal, trash tier generic music that exists for sake of being plastic crap. commercial album at its finest.

fav: love will get you there, if you're gonna break my heart, when i have her on my mind

Pile - All Fiction

Pile - All Fiction

music for geek/indie folks who blast speaker in basement and having spice of life in deep underground muddy feels. melancholic tone indie rock fueled by anxiety with not over the top instrumental, without case of sad depressive but embrace little hope like U2 influence. the band defiled the term 'underrated'.

fav: loops, lowered rainbow, neon grey

Jordan Davis - Bluebird Days

Jordan Davis - Bluebird Days

by country's standard (wont be accepted by other genre standards), most singles those smash hits on radio are subjectively better over tiny bit of silk than album tracks. smooth and pretentious to sound relatable as much he could make them bland formula for radio as he tries. definitely main audience is middle america ohio soccer moms, mid and even more mid music.

fav: One Beer in Front of the Other, You've Got My Number, Part of It, What My World Spins Around

24/2/2023 week

who's ask for gorillaz and karol G albums? both gonna be suck and few other much more interesting releases

Dierks Bentley - Gravel & Gold

Dierks Bentley - Gravel & Gold

first in almost 5 yrs and first executive producer for his own new project, amid of mature theme like he is 70+ something, the production wise the lyrics songwriting wise are stellar solid great output that he should be proud as one of most famous songbook in current scene. go bluegrass next one please

fav: sun sets in colorado, still, high note

Yeat - AftërLyfe

Yeat - AftërLyfe

slightly improve from bunch of mixtape,EP, and former two albums, seemingly he belongs in good instinct mind learning how to level his craft despite largely ignore by same old drill worshipers. the visual, however, is drown by his signature monotone flow but he keeps getting better all in all.

fav: Nun id change, Mysëlf, Bad bënd / DëMON, Shmunk

Godsmack - Lighting Up The Sky

Godsmack - Lighting Up The Sky

expect the mediocre expectation they always serve, one of those type of band who once you like them you'd continue support their mid background driving albums, mid hook mid solo yet not total like mid christian rocks. all production/lyrics/everything still hardstuck on their 90's phase.

fav: surrender, soul on fire, title track

Insomnium - Anno 1696

Insomnium - Anno 1696

no doubt for metal scene they are one of the most consistent band out there and concept visuals on album is unique, the immaculate pacing, top notch production, amazing layers/mixing. melodic death metal seems like easy target nowadays for nerds calling it mid, ok well try this.

fav: 1696, The Witch Hunter

Philip Selway - Strange Dance

Philip Selway - Strange Dance

no idea what's happened behind the scene in studio or writing process, album missed all the quality criteria from longing instrumental floating nowhere no point of existence to dull songwriting barely get any impression. best thing out of this is to hype radiohead new album up.

fav: picking up the pieces, the other side, title track

Model/Actriz - Dogsbody

Model/Actriz - Dogsbody

noise rock industrial influence for BDSM session, of course visual is visual in this case and it's overloaded of black leather whipping chains tightening all over sensual vocal and deep dark madness riffs. not much outside of one topic in album and cant imagine listen to this on bus or during shopping.

fav: amaranth, maria, crossing guard

shame - Food for Worms

shame - Food for Worms

welcome to another episode of overhyping best post-punk ever in the world, lyrics is understandably good in genre while it's middle of the road to consider when they think it's cool to have more melodic and aggressive punk riffs. weak visual messy pacing crumble within a song till it becomes unlistenable.

fav: six-pack, adderall, different person

Shea Coulee - 8

Shea Coulee - 8

All-Stars Season 5 winner doesnt come to play on her debut, also doesnt slay on her funky hip-house either unless sipping martini on roof bar over that condition. from poor production to her deep vocal which would be more appeal on ballad/downtempo. well gorgeous she always is.

fav: your name, collide

Miss Grit - Follow the Cyborg

Miss Grit - Follow the Cyborg

mixture of indie rock and synthpop to add dissonant structures and become a form of art pop in this debut. korean-american songstress attempts on mitski route that pretty slow burn throughout various visuals but also serve quality in textures/production. bit difficult to get into but ensure this is great.

fav: nothing's wrong, your eyes are mine, lain (phone clone)

Don Toliver - Love Sick

Don Toliver - Love Sick

definitely the concept album is put in work and well executed through production process and various collaborators also being the main advantage selling aspect on here. despite of that, it doesnt flow that well both his boring bars and cohesive to take this to another level, arguably his best project so far tho.

fav: Leave The Club, 4 Me, If I Had, Bus Stop

3/3/2023 week

busy week back to back with ATRL fav IT boy morgan wallen, album of the year challenger kali uchis and... fad macklemore

Xiu Xiu - Ignore Grief

Xiu Xiu - Ignore Grief

experimental group on death industrial this time with spooky jumpscale theme. loud overlayering production with harsh synth rather noise wave to carry surreal visual, mostly on points while whole work doesnt flow that well due to lack of dense dimensions and quite short tracks to build up tension.

fav: The Real Chaos Cha Cha Cha, 666 Photos of Nothing, For M.

slowthai - UGLY

slowthai - UGLY

not stranger to showcase the versatility of being ahead of the game as usual by self-awareness positivity theme. his third album "u gotta love yourself" largely covered on post punk and few alt rock element to let his rapping reach to message in lyrics with passion and genuine. he did it again.

fav: sooner, never again, tourniquet

Young Nudy - Gumbo

Young Nudy - Gumbo

surprisingly good over this food theme trap album, hypnotized beat production along his mumbling flow that are excellence match to obvious visuals and result as great cohesiveness throughout project. of course all sound the same for non-hip hop listeners just to brush off unfamiliarity.

fav: pot roast, pancake, passion fruit

Weval - Remember

Weval - Remember

ambiguous melodic synth to keep you guess what direction album goes with heavy bass knocking your head all the time. house indietronica over complex delicate MIDI movement from channels to unknown dimensional along his vocal serving cold fogs guiding through brighten lush tunnel trip to show his skills.

fav: everything went well, dont lose time, changed for the better

Haken - Fauna

Haken - Fauna

unique modern prog-rock/metal band transforms to chimpanzee providing new album and some djent. conservative nature theme with lyricism focus and sharp dynamic smooth transition between segments to rare visual experience. everything here work in kind of their favor and sound great too.

fav: Beneath The White Rainbow, Elephants Never Forget

Zulu - A New Tomorrow

Zulu - A New Tomorrow

sometimes one rule for crossover genre group to accomplish the visuals that album goes for, is that cohesive sound representing work. post-hardcore group with african theme and tribal lounge interlude marches on their erupted switching genres mid songs and confusing messages over confusing sounds.

fav: we're more than this, our day is now, where im from

Dreamville - Creed III: The Soundtrack

Dreamville - Creed III: The Soundtrack

continue the label trend of derailing their own artists credits and hype releasing another subpar performance compilation that nobody asked for. vanilla southern hip hop that put on sleep mode instead of motivate in gym as their purpose and best one out of bunch is non-label guest hag big sean.

fav:  Anthem, j. cole interlude, Talk To Me, Heavy is The Head

Kate NV - WOW

Kate NV - WOW

lighthearted fancy electronic full of melodic chiptune and sample midi which is pretty intense layering in some degree. who's care about arrangement pacing when she wanna go ham on looping these synth samples and being playful without concerning on overproduced. peak gaming experience.

fav: Early Bird, Night Call, Elephant

Enslaved - Heimdal

Enslaved - Heimdal

ascending asgard realm on light speed riding heimdal himself with intensified layered nordic prog black metal production. this spatial audio exclusive album designed for hq headphone/stereo vox to listen all rich texture outstanding riffs virtual pacing and feel like gods in your eco cars/basement.

fav: The Eternal Sea, title track 

316x316bb

Simon Curtis - ANGEL AURA

occasional dropped songs in between 10's after R∆ and pop up around twitter gossip about LA socialites which he always desperately insert himself to be relevance. for this one, it's gay midlife crisis goal that mentally stuck in last decade and so messy all over the place result. nightcore/sped up should upgrade this as always and wish him the best as longtime follower.

fav: rainbow, pain, love

10/3/2023 week

oh so much contents to filler week, outside of miley, fever ray, and coming to repeak b2b worst album of the year from van morrison

Van Morrison - Moving On Skiffle

Van Morrison - Moving On Skiffle

and guess what, sob stories/whack lyrics remain, how about bopping to skiffle this time. the hybrid of traditional rhythm&blue has been main theme for him karaoking and serve upbeat happy grandpa straight to dancefloor. cohesive work over 90 min contents that all thanks to nice production.

fav: Streamline Train, Worried Man Blues, Green Rocky Road, This Loving Light Of Mine

Story Of The Year - Tear Me To Pieces

Story Of The Year - Tear Me To Pieces

generic to the generic of the generic and generic again on their autopilot post-hardcore new project. keep memo to another note when pop punk band couldnt make decent post-hardcore because of being ancient relic and not evolved to other topics. painful but at least being honest make it acceptable.

fav: afterglow, sorry about me, knives out

Meet Me @ The Altar - Past // Present // Future

Meet Me @ The Altar - Past // Present // Future

bold statement to represent the inclusiveness in pop punk driven by all the supports from label and following acclaim paramore paved before this release. double-sworded because lyrics and production are glorified nostalgia that isnt that good to standout on its own debut, fair attempt tho.

fav: say it (to my face), kool, it's over for me

Periphery - Periphery V: Djent is Not a Genre

Periphery - Periphery V: Djent is Not a Genre

perhaps more focus on prog metal side is a pro for this comeback, heavy melodic overlayering riffs to sound like genuine move and easy bops for corekids. the djent transition, however, is surprisingly beyond tragic, too rushed/cringe with most acoustic soft solo/synth thus far make no sense on visual at all.

fav: atropos, dying star

Musiq Soulchild & Hit-Boy - Victims & Villains

Musiq Soulchild & Hit-Boy - Victims & Villains

finally someone gets it right doing modern beat to crossover from 00's prime to not sound dated over current climate. clean cutting versatile production with his silking vocal which showcase how to SING and properly ADLIBS schooling peers and younger gens. hooks are absence somehow.

fav: i remember you my ex, title track, your love is life

Lonnie Holley - Oh Me Oh My

Lonnie Holley - Oh Me Oh My

political driven experimental blend of soul, blues, ambient, and jazz throw in there with mostly him sleep talking/sing over tribal beats. well crafted pacing to follow his introspective instructions with fine layering to consolidate good result in one piece. think of rich audiobook as album.

fav: Better Get The Crop In Soon, title track, If We Get Lost They Will Find Us

Shana Cleveland - Manzanita

Shana Cleveland - Manzanita

solo side project of la luz member rather strip down version of their indie rock to instrumentals based folk. very much showing various musical abilities she possessed from cello to piano skills than visual storytelling lyrics like others. lush structures to soothe solo, she indeed ate this up.

fav:  Gold Tower, Evil Eye, Mayonnaise

Sleaford Mods - UK GRIM

Sleaford Mods - UK GRIM

the rotten side of brexit that has been cesspool of madness and dystopia with king charles reigning. anger/issues that are wrong by tory party and socials perfectly translates to this synth punk hiphop, unserious/mocking on points from minds of labour side and all-in polarizing to its core.

fav: Dlwhy, Right Wing Beast, Tory Kong

Lia Kohl - The Ceiling Reposes

Lia Kohl - The Ceiling Reposes

building up profile for red hot electroacoustic chanteuse on her 3rd album, her high-pitched loud signature ambient impressively work over new radio broadcast recording element, mixing so well along field recording and woodwinds. layering/production is best by far in her catalog.

fav:  When Glass Is There, and Water, The Moment a Zipper   

MSPAINT - Post-American

MSPAINT - Post-American

now this is punk, hyper aggressive synth punk on edge of the world screaming top of their lungs following clear influence by idles and turnstiles. beside of yelling every 2 sec, synth production distinctively deliver each theme in tracks to appeal genuine rebel lyrics that work really well throughout the album.

fav: Information, Think It Through, Acid

17/3/2023 week

feel like march is blah month, early AOTY already stacked on feb and april is fresh spring unless yves tumor save this week (nope).

All Time Low - Tell Me I’m Alive

All Time Low - Tell Me I’m Alive

pretty safe and step to comfort zone after struggling to keep the band relevant until massive win both commercial/acclaim from last album. obvious absence sign of hooks and strong chorus to solid production as usual, they certainly are in happy mode to release this despite being too soft to old fans.

fav: sleepwalking, modern love, the way you miss me

Kx5 - Kx5

Kx5 - Kx5 (deadmau5 and kaskade)

after more than a decade of highly anticipating EDM pair with couple of high notable classics in their hands, the full length co-project of long term famous mouse hat dj and renowned producer delivers melodic prog-house festival ready album that shouldnt stride from fan's expectation.

fav: escape, when i talk, obedience

Invent Animate - Heavener

Invent Animate - Heavener

good breakdown good screamo good vocal good riffs layering good instrumental good djent transition not cringe-y, over their 4th album, it's everything that modern metalcore wishes their deserved more albums like this. simply polish and enchanted production without gimmick and weird rap.

fav: Absence Persistent, Shade Astray, Labyrinthine

Chelsea Grin - Suffer In Heaven

Chelsea Grin -Suffer In Heaven

lineup production is quite standard like most deathcore in general while some transmission spoken words are random in bad taste. albeit it's really great vocals between two main tossing turn and make the album standout with decent percussion side, no dud fillers/moments either in this.

fav: orc march, yhorm the giant

deathcrash - Less

deathcrash - Less

which is... yes which is fine when they are willing to approach emo than heavy post-rock structure where still based on slowcore like debut, however, chords and vocal production are pretty disappointed to say the least. nothing makes sense nothing caught attention like debut. less indeed

fav: Duffy's, Dead, Crashed

Gideon - MORE POWER. MORE PAIN.

Gideon - MORE POWER. MORE PAIN.

the more the album progresses the less interesting it becomes, aside from good pacing no shade, the glorified nu-metal hybrid they tried on metalcore based just gonna work for whom really love nu-metal and others' not. predictable on all courses, enjoyable on background nonetheless.

fav: Locked Out of Heaven, Too Much Is Never Enough, Midnight Blue

Black Honey - A Fistful Of Peaches

Black Honey - A Fistful Of Peaches

effortlessly express their raw enthusiastic manners via high energy fast pace indie rock production. especially with the golden vocalist who drives the album up to high top of rollercoaster to splash their sissy sweaty melodies straight to this cute result. excellence gens crossover rock project.

fav: Heavy, Rock Bottom, I'm a Man

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - V

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - V

warm sensational psychedelic pop for breezy lazy smooth vacation trip or relaxing after daily routine. their dreamy drum and bass lines are main strength that carries the record to properly set the psychedelic mood with tons of details yet so easy to be nice background music. wicked.

fav: Meshuggah, That Life, Weekend Run

EST Gee - MAD

EST Gee - MAD

meh not really sure what was that, his rapid rhyme and punchy hook are suddenly not working on this new project. bars and lyrics are chunky at worst, sloth satire beats and dull production. aside from few good tracks that he tried, well move to another collab album next.

fav: STAY FOCUSED, HOTBOYS, UNDEFEATED

Lil Pump - Lil Pump 2

Lil Pump - Lil Pump 2

long history with him since D Rose discovered and the rest of soundcloud era that infamous made him popular before gucci gang released. the pick and choose that forever loomed around him pretty much not bother to personally enjoy harvard dropout, which later discovered how it destroyed him almost a year later. For this one, literally good follow up to that mainstream label debut, various styles various random that he obviously doesnt care that much anymore now but remains caricature of pump old-self in this. overall, low energy, satire nonsense lyrics, cheap lo-fi low blow beats, and probably he made record for quick rent money from haters streaming farm. consider of all he's been through, it's great he pull out the album somehow to show that he got his own thing to care and not letting others dictate or control ever.

fav: Mosh Pit, No Hook, Till I See You, Tesla

24/3/2023 week

delay album to crash with extreme week, lana girl what's this? also with depeche mode and meg myers join the chao

Danny Brown & JPEGMAFIA - SCARING THE HOES

Danny Brown & JPEGMAFIA - SCARING THE HOES

the usage of SP-404 tool is nice approach to generate beat and twerk samples for once in a lifetime pair that shake the scene up, despite beats could have been much more creative/glitching output than sound like random bandcamp album. both raps worth the album tho, go hard.

fav: title track, Where Ya Get Ya Coke From?, Kingdom Hearts Key

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

the suffering from 10's decline continue to take their tolls on latest project which sound okay on background at least. uninspired soulless dull efforts instant made for ALT radio with heavy melodic pandering echoes how washed up they currently are. whatever to make old fans happy and stop complain.

fav: Love From the Other Side, So Good Right Now, title track

Liturgy - 93696

Liturgy - 93696

the colossus complexity this avant grade metal possess is far beyond imagination than human could react/reach with glitch, totalism, lo fi chamber subbed in for the visual as 4-parts heaven's laws. the lack of opera on their former LP desperately cry somewhere and she is right to be mad.

fav: Djennaration, Antigone II, title track

Owl City - Coco Moon

Owl City - Coco Moon

an album by owl city of a time. love that he always got conceptual displays on every album and his fans are pretty diverse over their own favorite, which is great he always put efforts over these visuals for his stans. not sure if title mimics coco melon or what was on his mind? or what's happened?

fav: under the circus lights, vitamin sea, dinosaur park

BABYMETAL - The Other One

BABYMETAL - The Other One

sometimes it's good to be on metal scene because fans are conservative and old heads love when their bands release the same old music on new albums. with exception of more dark theme, their gimmick that always sale based on their brand still going good and strong as ever.

fav: Divine Attack - Shingeki -, MAYA, Light and Darkness

Katie Melua - Love & Money

Katie Melua - Love & Money

of course her vocal chord over this decade is only tolerate level now to that once a gift to music industry with multiple recognized hits and her name occasionally pop up to those cover songs. for this album, mostly upbeat and not too lullaby to cleanse production to enjoy through and through.

fav: quiet moves, title track, those sweet days

Lemar - Page in My Heart

Lemar - Page in My Heart

near decade absence and he's back over another album that never asked for in the first place. AC pop soul with acoustic setting soft instrumental mixed up along dated funk soul like his old hits that forgettable at best. ready for him to join r&b nostalgia gigs with jamilia or beverley knight.

fav: I Been, Take Care, Future Love

Caroline Rose - The Art of Forgetting

Caroline Rose - The Art of Forgetting

her consistent genre bending from synthpop on former albums to alt folk with art pop production might piss off her audiences in experimental territories she presented. songwriting is certainly not bad while not accessible for everyone as far as album progress, interesting and mysterious listen.

fav: Everywhere I Go I Bring the Rain, Love / Lover / Friend, The Kiss

LUDMILLA - Vilã

LUDMILLA - Vilã

ouça seu último álbum no ano passado, que foi impressionantemente decente o suficiente para intrigar como ele apareceria em seu próximo projeto. no entanto, tantos recursos aqui apimentam o sabor suave que é uma bagunça e meia, bom canto, boa batida, mas nada memorável.

fav: 5 contra 1, Eu Só Sinto Raiva, Malvadona

Luke Combs - Gettin' Old

Luke Combs - Gettin' Old

never thought he finally moves on from first three stale satire same albums that became stain as time passes. penning visibly improves to wow how demoes were also on last album session but sound commercial with good structure too. welcome back to dominate country scene again.

fav: Hannah Ford Road, The Beer, the Band, and the Barstool, Where the Wild Things Are, Fast Car (yes that's tracy chapman one)

31/3/2023 week

struggling to find notable ones beside melanie martinez, boy genius and chloe bailey debut, proud of ha let's do it girl.

James Holden - Imagine This Is A High Dimensional Space Of All Possibilities

James Holden - Imagine This Is A High Dimensional Space Of All Possibilities

epic follow up from renowned electronic producer, becoming his traditional release route to have lengthy 10 years apart between album and no exceptional over this beautiful layering craft with various instruments packing all details as title stated. extraordinary visual, impeccable journey.

fav: Contains Multitudes, Four Ways Down the Valley, In the End You'll Know

Deerhoof - Miracle-Level

Deerhoof - Miracle-Level

japanese quartet noise rock band on their several album late into their veteran status. most of these are decent tracks upon their qualities, catchiness, cheeky, sound great with few tricky chords that require long term experience to made them. easy listen in general and yes good album.

fav: Momentary Art of Soul!, Miracle-Level, The Poignant Melody

The New Pornographers - Continue as a Guest

The New p0rn0graphers - Continue as a Guest

their moody signature indie rock remains existed in form of lyricism which contrast to music production overall that feels subtle comfort and reliable. from flat keys melodic chords to relieve vocals serving usual album out there after pandemic, it's bad day album to comfy and settle the rage.

fav: Pontius Pilate's Home Movies, Bottle Episodes, Wish Automatic Suite

DJ Drama - I'm Really Like That Lil Wayne - I Am Music

DJ Drama - I'm Really Like That, Lil Wayne - I Am Music (greatest hits for reference)

good ole gimmick MIDI beat structure that always work for millennium absolutely got no place in current music scene based on how dated and satire autopilot it is. everyone phone-in except jack harlow and offset, anyways, miss 'dedication' mixtape days with lil wayne, pls bring it back asap, GOAT.

fav: FMFU, Mockingbird Valley, Andale

Larry June & The Alchemist - The Great Escape

Larry June & The Alchemist - The Great Escape

all you could ask the definition of west coast hip hop for and this exactly delivers no flaws no hood flexing like east or southern. larry's consistency is unreal so good and the alchemist being the alchemist as always, chill drumless minimal vibe perfectly synth with nightride and beach parking.

fav: Palisades, CA, Orange Village, Barragán Lighting

Altın Gün - Aşk

Altın Gün - Aşk

meat and potatoes melodic turkish psychedelic rock, just pleasure enough for all audience range to understand their language via sweet simple classic rock sugary upbeat straight up from textbook how to be basic rock band group. sound fine for everyone and their kids in kindergarten.

fav: Badi Sabah Olmadan, Leylim Ley, Kalk Gidelim

Tzusing - 绿帽 GREEN HAT

Tzusing - 绿帽 GREEN HAT

apocalyptic underground industrial techno with loose visual surround noval that replicate influence him over the course of maniac random dirty sweaty bass right from start to finish. the consistent hard drum presented throughout album is viable for all nighter and true ravers. dont do drug just water.

fav: Idol Baggage, Clout Tunnel, Balkanize

City and Colour - The Love Still Held Me Near

City and Colour - The Love Still Held Me Near

old school soft rock format heavy vocal/melodies focus from canadian finest folk rock band, lot of serious relationship related topics translate to lead vocal grief tones along ballad tempo instrumental. youtube blue rock whiskey playlist wont touch this album because it's real music legit one.

fav: Hard, Hard Time, The Love Still Held Me Near, The Water Is Coming

Nakhane - Bastard Jargon

Nakhane - Bastard Jargon

time changes between their last breakout album and back after 6 years with lack of meaningful content and interesting perspective stories to express other than being simple bread butter pop album. with prolific features and resource, they couldnt come up with any notable tracks at all.

fav: Standing In Our Way, Do You Well, Hold Me Down  

Juicy J - Mental Trillness

Juicy J - Mental Trillness

genuine social awareness promo towards mental illness from our academy award/grammy award winner, one of true OG in the game. signature flows cheap trap beat and somehow he actually serve on this, good cohesive, bops all around, pretty fun listen unlike current rap albums out there.

fav: work out, going through some, aint cool, deadbeat

7/4/2023 week

approaching summer and tons of notable acts who late to party last few busy weeks to release subpar materials all round.

Tim Hecker - No Highs

Tim Hecker - No Highs

opening week with big anticipating from long time famous producer coming for ambient AOTY. quite moody displaying lonesome cold melancholic tones along surrealism synths that keep audience in check. like being alone sip drinks in high skyscraper look at traffics on the road after the dark.

fav: lotus light, monotony, living spa water

Cub Sport - Jesus at the Gay Bar

Cub Sport - Jesus at the Gay Bar

definition of being midlife crisis for homosexuals on their fresh 30 and beyond, absolute harmless and vanilla basic safe electro/synthpop troye sivan worshippers, relies on relationship topics that has been forever done on their careers. soulless music as poor low budget drag show.

fav: replay, songs about it, beg u

Billie Marten - Drop Cherries

Billie Marten - Drop Cherries

sunday gardening sunshine carwash album, over her fourth material project, her flawless songwriting has been put in work to let the vocal run sparkling in spotlight with minimal production that very good and not bored like overrated aaron dessner's girls ones. totally one to watch this week.

fav: Nothing But Mine, God Above, Devil Swim

Wednesday - Rat Saw God

Wednesday - Rat Saw God

now sign to new label and going for more melodic noise rock routes while their signature lo-fi alt-country fundamental remains. great vocal from karly and mj lenderman bg vocal on few parts, sugary well made production that put smiles over many moments and of course improved songwriting.

fav: bull believer, chosen to deserve, quarry

Blondshell - Blondshell

Blondshell - Blondshell

sabrina teitelbaum debut album on her rise and shine indie pop/rock, basic cookie cutter sounding with decent songwriting considering its debut and her alt-rock influence radiates feminine energy to be easily related for indie rock lovers. pretty standard yet fully show her talents all in one.

fav: veronica mars, kiss city, salad

THEY. - Nü Moon

THEY. - Nü Moon

very slow start for r&b side this year and the stagnant from everyone streaming SOS is real. even it looks better with new daniel caesar, the capitalism methodology on genre eventually just make r&b acts release same vibe theme that been going on for a decade now, being applied to this album too.

fav: Riptide, 301 Freestyle, Wait On Me

Desire Marea - On the Romance of Being

Desire Marea - On the Romance of Being

lgbt+ commies hear my plea, now this is how you progress new sound going into sophomore and not being bottom slump. south africa cunty brings up their artsy rock along jazz influence to talent vocal usage presenting amazing hometown visuals. endearing contents, spiritual listen.

fav: banzi, rah

HMLTD - The Worm

HMLTD - The Worm

sophomore worm's conceptual album from london art/glam rock band, pretty lush layering and detailed production as well as interesting progressive pacing that doesnt feel too avant-garde or abstract. the medieval visual setting is similar to 70's uk rock album (*cough* queen) with concepts in mind.

fav: Wyrmlands, title track

Brandee Younger - Brand New Life

Brandee Younger - Brand New Life

harpist goddess 5th album adding new more songs to her heaven crafted catalog, this contemporary jazz and few fusion elements entertains tamed soft touched cohesive soothing harps medley with good percussion behind. her vocal birth natural born soul and lovely sweet atmospheric.

fav: The Windmills of Your Mind, Livin' and Lovin' in My Own Way, Running Game

Rae Sremmurd - SREMM4LIFE

Rae Sremmurd - SREMM4LIFE

not worth listen, zero growth, crap album. this decade, mike will doesnt seem to work with most rappers now basically timberland of the 2015 time and swear he would beg miley to use him for his pop moment like old days. that's totally reflect his muses career, the product of its time.

fav: flaunt it/cheap, tanisha, activate

On 5/9/2022 at 1:29 PM, Polgg48 said:

14/4/2023 week

safely to say it's one of most quiet week of the year with multiple delayed chief keef and everything but the girl LP hanging by thread.

Metallica - 72 Seasons

Metallica - 72 Seasons

it's best when they decided to go classic route where they belong and everything that please stans the most without extra experiment or challenging production. signature smooth transition, good ol' riffs, visual also there, accessible to all listener range, overall solid as expectedly usual.

fav: Inamorata, Lux Æterna, title track

El Michels Affair & Black Thought - Glorious Game

El Michels Affair & Black Thought - Glorious Game

wild combination going for old school funk influence psychedelic theme with much anticipated rapper. as how summer feel the album progresses, it's just not work like how cohesive and bars seem off for most beat rhymes and black thought isnt shine on his own solo, still fun n' feel good tho.

fav: Protocol, title track, Alter Ego

NLE Choppa - Cottonwood 2

NLE Choppa - Cottonwood 2

seal the deal after album that his contribute to music scene will personally be ignored because of lack of talents and everything that is wrong for current rap state. even youngboy improves his skills and try, choppa keeps failing into dababy territory where being one trick pony will run the course soon.

fav: STOMP EM OUT, DO IT AGAIN, AIN'T GONNA ANSWER, COLD GAME

Petite Noir - MotherFather

Petite Noir - MotherFather

copy quote from desire marea last week... now this is NOT how you progress new sound going into sophomore and being bottom slump instead. south africa cunty brings up overlayered art pop production that sound rough and quickly overwhelming. length too rush, too unpolished, blah moment.

fav: Play, Simple Things, Blurry

MC Yallah - Yallah Beibe

MC Yallah - Yallah Beibe

switch up most dub beat from first album to more rapid synth n' bass, also recruit few additional producers. the follow up contains non-stop furious bars and let the uganda MC shine on bangers after bops after fun visuals. politic topics address underwhelmed but her skills on display, periodt.

fav: Sikwebela, Tuli Mukintu, title track

Frost Children - SPEED RUN

Frost Children - SPEED RUN

and you wonder why hyperpop artists charli arca dorian ayesha move on from their former sound then the answer is this album. peaked creative stale ideas that going nowhere, same lyricism that is a step away from crunkcore level. shallow contents that heard so many times before, eyerollin.

fav: Obsessed, Wonderland, Notice Me

Dinner Party - Enigmatic Society

Dinner Party - Enigmatic Society

r&b supergroup with multiple grammy gongs combined on their second coming with surprisingly bad neo-soul album. empty arrangement, unseasoned midi, cheap jazz background given their talents, dull guests, meh visual like all tracks are mastered in 1-2 hrs, unnecessary release at all cost.

fav: Phoelix tracks, Answered Prayer, Secure, Can’t Go

The Tallest Man On Earth - Henry St.

The Tallest Man On Earth - Henry St.

sometimes shameless autopiloting could only take you that far to sound legit on paper but left bad taste after listen. contemporary folk artist 7th album got mediocre effort pour into his introspective songwriting which sound okay on casual background yet missing some element to fulfill the true potential.

fav: Looking for Love, In Your Garden Still, Goodbye

Ling Tosite Sigure - last aurorally

Ling Tosite Sigure - last aurorally

packed madness of intensified j-rock who absent for 5 yrs and not disappointing over their glorious comeback. fierce furious riffs along overproduced but great work going crazy throughout these nine songs, literally no ballad bathroom break and enjoyable experience. mind-blowing

fav: laser beamer, self-hacking

Kara Jackson - Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love?

Kara Jackson - Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love?

pretentious aside from former national youth poet laureate title, her debut album possess old country soul modernize to folk centric americana that is full of characterized personal from relatable yet depth lyrics. so emotional so passionate to follow her sing which may not be everyone's favorite.

fav: Free, No Fun / Party, title track

21/4/2023 week

Not in condition to post images and text only this time since I’m away from my desktop. update* just add image and non-edited texts

Everything But the Girl - Fuse

Everything but the girl - Fuse

melancholic signature beats they craved and been known for, most are stacking in second part while few upbeat in between. Respectable production, gloomy lyrics, great pacing consider it’s their first in 24 yrs. give what best they capable of and undeniably decent album to the grand comeback.

fav. Lost, Interior space, when you mess up

Jethro Tull - RökFlöte

Jethro Tull - RökFlöte

jethro tull release good album challenge - impossible, after lackluster streaks continue, the new project with flute centric and folk singing along their bread butter folk rock storytelling, it’s exhaustingly horrible as expected. boredom melodies, zero energy, underwhelming visual, literally completely miss the marks again. GO RETIRE

fav: ginnungagap, wolf unchained, hammer on hammer

Tiësto - DRIVE

Tiësto - Drive

nothing much to say since his prog house edm albums all sound forgettable playlisting/compilation and… his formula always work for whatever reason benefit from name tag all bops because it’s tiësto. the japan format release all songs before album out is also satire and zero effort given.

fav: Hot in it, Learn to Love, Lay Low

Enter Shikari - A Kiss For The Whole World

Enter Shikari - A Kiss For The Whole World

the less gimmick from electronic elements that is almost their signature sound and focus more on alt rock this album, there is instead salvageable type of production here with fair cohesive, mature visual, and mild accessible. Like their transition phase, gonna try different approach and keep their cool.

fav: leap into the lightning, bloodshot, it hurts

iann dior - leave me where you found me

iann dior - leave me where you found me

Not like it’s interesting to see any works coming from him and only reason why album exists is to fulfill worthless contract that contain mid after mid songs. There is tiny bit of songwriting improvement which becomes autopilot and eventually mid. Why would anyone care about the guy career at all?

Fav: do it all, do or die, catching up

Alfa Mist - Variables

Alfa mist - Variables

the dude continues his agenda to become one of greatest contemp jazz composers in the game. The variation of genre usage within album is beyond and modern approach as much jazz listeners who isn’t old head can easily appreciate. Non-vocal tracks are notable.

fav: foreword, the gist, Glenda (go away)

Lael Neale - Star Eaters Delight

Lael neale - star eaters delight

Quirky careless spring album from Los Angeles songwriter. straight upon 70’s pop with slice of psychedelic that replicate melodies from those ancient albums and deliver to outdoor park atmospheric sunshine welcoming fresh and warm weather. Simple relationship visual, live happier than ever.

Fav: If I had no wing, no hold barred

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Angels in Science Fiction

St. Paul & the broken bones - angels in science fiction

strip down most complex compose of fusion former albums to mainly focus on slow ballad lyricism over rhythm & blues based AC pop close to sophistic pop level but not quite. as stated, it’s slow it’s romantic for ballroom dancefloor wedding ceremony. great vocal beautiful vocal, zzzzzz

fav: city federal building, marigold, wolf in rabbit clothes

Lloyd Banks - The Course Of The Inevitable 3: Pieces Of My Pain

Lloyd Banks - The Course Of The Inevitable 3: Pieces Of My Pain

third installment and he already go back to classic gangster rap where comfortable is the key for old fans and suit him the best. Boom bap things that he attempted before this album were actually really good because at least he understands hip-hop, that’s being said, these mediocre new tracks on classic beat is also good. too safe

fav: title track, movie scenes, red alert, invisible 

Kaizo Slumber - How Are We Feeling Today?

kaizo slumber - how are we feeling today?

main problem coming from debut last year is where everything went berserk and no redeem qualities to be overwhelming by the work, back on sophomore and… creative wise is on par with the first, meanwhile the pacing is much much better this time. building up, middle break, and progressing peaks are genuinely on points. Hope he blows up more from this onwards.

fav: protophantasy, comic mischief, galaxy torimoto, bl00d type

28/4/2023 week

picking up the pace before leaving april, pretty big releases week, jessie ware, jack harlow, susanne sundfør, bebe rexha, the national to name a few and more .

Smokey Robinson - Gasms

Smokey Robinson - Gasms

all new materials new original songs more than two decades from legend himself, wild that he decided to go this particular visual add little controversial titles to spice the album up. classic smooth soul right from his time with no tricky modern sound, great vocal performance as usual, all slow to mid tempo no need to rush to ruin the moments. not joking this is impressive.

fav: I Fit In There, I Wanna Know Your Body, title track

Indigo De Souza - All of This Will End

Indigo De Souza - All of This Will End

another big acclaim deal on the line for her third album follow up fans favorite last project, production wise of her genre combination is slightly get worse here because she focuses more on boredom introspective lyrics which appeal as more rock more raw feel towards lesser melodic than her previous ones. however, it doesnt work that well in term of visuals where front side is almost belong to another album to back side which are rather on par with her previous material. then, this loses its charm when storytelling isnt that convincing as intended while most parts are pretty safe for her standard and critic/fans gonna press high scores nonetheless. it's best if she goes for refreshing ideas and blow all the way, not with cycling on safe spots but there always are next album for her bright future ahead.

fav: You Can Be Mean, Not My Body, The Water

Taichu - RAWR

Taichu - RAWR

clearly there are reasons that female rappers gaining attention more than ever in USA or the global, they bring fresh cool sexiness sounds which this album represents in her full-frontal debut. very boppin beats, playful rap-talking, hard hitting production, few mid tempo also not bad. *chef-kiss*

fav: TU SI K TA LOKO, NOCHE DE SATEO, MORTAL KOMPA

CHANMINA - Naked

CHANMINA - Naked

her fourth project with various j-pop styles approaches ala mainstream album released all tracks before finalized rollout album a year later. sonically, visual doesnt matter here everything sound fine but nothing stand out, slightly better on pop rock side with exception of terrible trap rap. mediocre all around no redeem value. It's okay if she's having fun.

fav: Wake Up Call, Sunflower, Mirror, BIJIN

Nabihah Iqbal - DREAMER

Nabihah Iqbal - DREAMER

her second studio album continues serve as ascending dream pop along soft spoken words, which also influenced by electronic, ambient pop, and few house in there. like pop version of guide mediation, melodic beats bopping from those synth and acoustic guitar while ritualistic listen following her voice.

fav: Gentle Heart, Sunflower, Sweet Emotion

Freya Ridings - Blood Orange

Freya Ridings - Blood Orange

so basic so generic sophomore album from UK singer songwriter, virtually and specifically, it's full of singing competition soccer moms type of favorite glazed. talent show golden button voice, AC pop with little to zero creative, absolute bland outcomes due to lackluster songwriting too. dududull.

fav: Face in the Crowd, Last Day That You Loved Me, title track

Labrinth - Ends & Begins

Labrinth - Ends & Begins

he is always in weird spot in music industry where neither success in commercial and acclaim yet he is around active for more than a decade. the theatrical visual he's been on the roll from euphoria contribute and his own early heyday, weirdly this album is going nowhere like he cant decide what this album would be, perplexing.

fav: the feels, a turn of events, never felt so alone

Neggy Gemmy - CBD Reiki Moonbeam

Neggy Gemmy (Negative Gemini) - CBD Reiki Moonbeam

homegirl changed stage name to piss fans off and deliver her best work till date, well she knows what she is doing for real. electropop atmospheric synths with relic of house influence from her past name, it's pretty on point for most, decent robotic lifeless visual floating above hyperpop dream. floored.

fav: california, cbd, twisted, on the floor 

JFDR - Museum

JFDR - Museum

extreme baiting format atmospheric airy art pop soft singing to thin flat pitched key synth works that critic mostly yas-queen on these genre. now the truth... this is well paced production, pretty decent on most parts, bit melodic to not fall asleep and fairly pleasant to get along the visuals, it's good.

fav: Air Unfolding, Sideways Moon

G Herbo - Strictly 4 My Fans 2

G Herbo - Strictly 4 My Fans 2

where to begin on this? alright so, quick little mixtape from chi-town rapper which follows up to irrelevant double side albums last year. more generic trap with no sigh of drill this time, GloRilla is best thing by far in this 'for fan service' wasted demoes collection. USA hip-hop scene is so staled smh

fav: Outside, Dead or Alive, Off Days

5/5/2023 week

rumor has it and definitely confirm the long await anticipation answer that new album by ed sheeran is amazingly... mid 

billy woods & Kenny Segal - Maps

billy woods & Kenny Segal - Maps

not gonna be disappoint seeing these names so expecting the expectations. mixture of various genres, abstract, conscious hip hop, jazzy atmospheric and of course drumless is a must, focus on traveling visuals that slightly feel autopiloting despite not bad per se. billy's versatile is real, flawless.

fav: Year Zero, Babylon By Bus, FaceTime, Waiting Around

Q - Soul,PRESENT

Q - Soul,PRESENT

fizzling sparkle fusion of old school funk soul boogie over his finally official sony columbia debut album. alt r&b/bedroom pop artist switch up to retro electric feels with non-stop 70-80's influence all over. penning is good for label standard, burst of energy throughout the project that almost can touch.

fav: Sow, Stereo Driver, Luv (I Know I Want This for Real)

Megan Moroney - LUCKY

Megan Moroney - LUCKY

consider her career blows up pretty fast for female country standard with current hit on radio, it's always pleasure to have cowgirls release album and this debut... oh my jesus take the wheel, her vocal effectively works so good with various ballad upbeat country pop or neo-traditional, impressively smooth cohesive like she's on 3-4th album. ATE UP

fav: Tennessee Orange, Kansas Anymore, Girl in the Mirror

SBTRKT - The Rat Road

SBTRKT - The Rat Road

7 years absence to new longplay packing collabs almost all track for one of best known name in future garage and dance genre. that's being said, all those collab kinda overshadowed the synth and production to be demo songs to those guests except for himself. half baked till the end, what happened?

fav: WAITING, NO INTENTION, COPPA, title track

Snakehips - never worry

Snakehips - never worry

another name that been around for a decade and this is their debut, let's celebrate that. their signature fresh summer future bass dance pop r&b presents great autopilot bop production without worry about visual. chic dated fun dance for gen millennium, collabs doing their works either.

fav: sometimes..., sumthin crazy, who's gonna love you tonight

grandson - I Love You, I’m Trying

grandson - I Love You, I’m Trying

holding label contract on a thin rope while everything looks grim and miserable being non-favorable towards public. the sophomore that no one asking displays serious rap rock tone and melancholic lyrics but less explosive alt rock elements. sadly songwriting is also in bad tier, heavy & difficult listen.

fav: eulogy, when the bomb goes, murderer 

Jidenna - ME YOU & GOD

Jidenna - ME YOU & GOD

moving to neo-soul territory from former pop rap attempts, or defines as r&b maximalism. the MIDI spacing and vocal pacing are super tight loud noisy with non-stop adlib & vocaloid. too bad lyrics remains corny since production got potential to easily be in classic albums, inaccessible for spotify users.

fav: BLUSH, SAFE, SiTUATION

IDK - F65

IDK - F65

interesting visuals background about his formula one craze and black american african history altogether on his 4th full album. the presentation is sitting between pleasing label to sound commercial enough and artistic attempts on interludes after basic trap generic beat songs after interludes. uh?

fav:  mr. police, thug tear, superwoman, radioactive

felicita - Spalarkle

felicita - Spalarkle

occasional release every once in blue moon for uk dance act from PC music label. slow reverb bubblegum bass they've been cooking illustrates eerie atmospheric visuals over incohesive synths. particularly, it's abstract in the sense that occurs after bad trip, genuinely incline to believe they meant it.

fav: ForeS Hopi, Resistance, Cluck

The Smashing Pumpkins - ATUM

The Smashing Pumpkins - ATUM ACT THREE

Sure grandma let's get you to bed Meme Generator - Imgflip

billy corgan: yes the third and final installment for this epic conceptual album is finally here, behold the best band in.... sure billy, let's get you to bed

fav: Spellbinding, In Lieu Of Failure, The Canary Trainer

12/5/2023 week

tired of major labels and payola, also mostly away from desktop to busy schedules lately but STREAM ALISON GOLDFRAPP NEW ALBUM - The Love Invention OUT NOW. Highly Recommend 

2hollis - 2

2hollis - 2

fast energetic pace heavy hitting electropop witch house that would take a ride to hyperpop dancefloor along electro clash influence in between. admire that he understands how to add vocal layers and effects that sound sexy as hell, quite standard approach among genre but very fun one.

fav: poster boy, trust, fame runner   

Overmono - Good Lies

Overmono - Good Lies

modern takes of one of the most stale genre in dance scene, uk garage. decent sublime 2-steps synths that sound experimental despite not too over the board with r&b sensual vocals. even they purposefully meant to not add more bass, definitely feel like the album missed ton of crucial elements.

fav: Calling Out, Is U, Walk Thru Water

Hot Mulligan - Why Would I Watch

Hot Mulligan - Why Would I Watch

when they come to 4th album and grow out of emo phase, apparently what they wanna do is non-stop scream like crybaby over furious intense pop punk with few leftover demo slow tracks that dont belong to album. quite baited on simple chords and mediocre lyricism, good for live and leisure tho.

fav: Shouldn't Have a Leg Hole But I Do, This Song is Called It's Called What It's Called, Gans Media Retro Games

BC Camplight - The Last Rotation of Earth

BC Camplight - The Last Rotation of Earth

showcase levels of cheeky theatrical art pop that has sub melancholic tones and uplifting cheerful melodies in various usages. the guy definitely put in work on vocals layers but visuals dont translate to appeal that much overall despite of decent production. good OST. for comedy programs.

fav: Kicking Up a Fuss, She's Gone Cold, Fear Life in a Dozen Years

Fatoumata Diawara - London Ko

Fatoumata Diawara - London Ko

cheesy western pop melodies sometimes bring the inaccessible regional music to worldwide release including this Wassoulou west northern africa music. the reassemble of instrumental is quite acceptable (*whitewash*) as generic soft pop album while she happily keeps singing so wholeheartedly.

fav: somaw, massa den, Mossayua

Madison McFerrin - I Hope You Can Forgive Me

Madison McFerrin - I Hope You Can Forgive Me

nepo mode on daughter of bobby mcferrin, the 'dont worry be happy' guy. her debut approaches psychedelic soul with hint of alt r&b, mostly nice on vocal runs, the adlibs, the inspired lyrics. while instrumental is forgettable and her vocal is not best among business but her singing ability is noticed.

fav: (Please Don't) Leave Me Now, Utah, God Herself

Colin Stetson - When We Were That What Wept for the Sea

Colin Stetson - When We Were That What Wept for the Sea

the alpha male with the sax back on concept album, let's jump on a ship and sail to see what he'd offer. totalism percussion and background singers are main sailors for this rapid complex technical sax plays. ease cohesive, positivity moods, mysterious yet beautiful sightseeing. absolutely fantastic.

fav: Behind the Sky, Fireflies, Safe With Me, title track

Lucy Liyou - Dog Dreams (개꿈)

Lucy Liyou - Dog Dreams (개꿈)

abstract soft ethereal ambient on ultra slow pacing with few elements added along the ride, ASMR, electroacoustic, and singing which is rare on this genre. piano and synth are moderate fine but require patience to slog through, since they're korean, this is perfect for art award bait drama there.

fav: title track 

Esben and the Witch - Hold Sacred

Esben and the Witch - Hold Sacred

loud clean depressive vocal on ethereal wave the subside of gothic rock, pretty lonesome sleeping pill that radiates introspective energy about ex-fiance or past relationship that part away ago but always remember. one noted monotone record, bad autopilot production with singer saved the day.

fav: Silience, 1801, The Well, Petals of Ash

Oval - Romantiq

Oval - Romantiq

playful freezing glitch ambient coming from veteran in the genre. smooth transition above other glitch albums, over experimental layers which roughly work despite there is planned conceptual implement. not gonna be easy listen in first time round with all complexity in synths, the master at work.

fav: Okno, Amethyst, Wildwasser

19/5/2023 week

bunch of baby boomers bands listing paul simon, yes, def leppard, dave matthew band, etc. this week along experimental kesha album.

Sleep Token - Take Me Back to Eden

Sleep Token - Take Me Back to Eden

third installment from uk rock band on their 90's infused alt rock ala skunk anansie that peers, androgynous vocal to few mixed up on art pop and djent elements that quite inconsistent, poor transition, great riff solo screamo is ok but also poor structure progressing. depend if you like his vocal or not.

fav: title track, Vore, The Summoning 

The Ocean - Holocene

The Ocean - Holocene

so much energy in the back half after quite slow start on this german prog metal 10th album. this concept album got superior melodies/songwriting that captivates complex structures with interesting progression leading to climax on last three tracks. stunning outcome, not too difficult listen.

fav: Unconformities, Parabiosis

The Used - Toxic Positivity

The Used - Toxic Positivity

on this one, their post-hardcore tracks are remain solid as ever, pretty cool autopilot that always their signature and new fans should like them either. and then... there are emo side that wont be pleased in general except their fans who followed them for so long. well, not bad but nothing new on visual.

fav: numb, cherry, top of the world

Hannah Jadagu - Aperture

Hannah Jadagu - Aperture

debut album from NYC based singer songwriter on her sugary mid tempo indie pop/rock. pretty standard music without the cover art, her influence among genre's great has written all over and decent cohesive despite being basic random love topics. vocal got huge potential, please train more.

fav: say it now, what you did, warning sign

PONY - Velveteen

PONY - Velveteen

she got her big heart and determination to go full power pop on her sophomore album. after considering all aspects, the album definitely lack one thing that like other power pop projects is bg harmonized vocal. mediocre instrumental, missed opportunities on vocal technical and also visual is dull.

fav: Peach, Sick, Sucker Punch

The Murlocs - Calm Ya Farm

The Murlocs - Calm Ya Farm

these guys effortlessly hop on genres from album to new one, after heavy psych rock concept album last year, moving to blue/folk rock that also got cheeky country sound jammed the fun. dense layers over melodic happy feets type beat, ready for summer when it's almost winter in australia there.

fav: Superstitious Insights, Undone and Unashamed, Aletophyte

Mandy, Indiana - I’ve Seen a Way

Mandy, Indiana - I’ve Seen a Way

UK experimental band's debut album which comes with critic payola for no reasons and this post-industrial presenting here obvious mimic those german techno dance music on that cease. shouting random french to sound avant-garde in not very good attempts, production is chaotic trash, a bait.

fav: Pinking Shears, Iron Maiden, Peach Fuzz

Temps - Party Gator Purgatory

Temps - Party Gator Purgatory

retro soulful jazz fundamental structures on spiritual experimental hip hop that quite cryptic and unpredictable. kinda inaccessible for those who not familiar with its complexity but production flows pretty well, collabs' assignments on point and amazing pacing. all in all, album is good, not a bait.

fav: kept, partygatorresurrection, title track

Stella Rose - Eyes Of Glass

Stella Rose - Eyes Of Glass

sure girl you got album out because of nepo mode from depeche mode frontman related. alright so, expectedly yes, it's gothic rock what a surprise. twisted synth & structure is mixed bag between genuine production and so corny on few approaches. not bad on vocal, she should sing on dark folk next.

fav: slowdown, angel

Sufjan Stevens, Timo Andres & Conor Hanick - Reflections

Sufjan Stevens, Timo Andres & Conor Hanick - Reflections

cash grab ballet score from three peas that sufjan follows through his label contract to get green light on this solo based piano album. straight forward upbeat high school composing which are full of melodies but not memorable at all, background and lifeless music looping in ballet starter class.

fav: Revanche, Euphoros

26/5/2023 week

these EP outlet start to hit my nerve, it's understandable but personally prefer album for full body of work judgemental. slow week probably done by monday/tuesday.

Monaleo - Where The Flowers Don't Die

Monaleo - Where The Flowers Don't Die

the 'Beating Down Yo Block' rapper got courage on her first project railed up to full length mixture of her standard pop rap and good portion of r&b tracks. mixing in studio is hella rough on production, she definitely commit to certain degree when lot of flaws occurred. cover art is best thing in album.

fav: Ass Kickin. Ridgemont Baby, Miss Understood

Sparks - The Girl Is Crying In Her Latte

Sparks - The Girl Is Crying In Her Latte

the unparalleled consistent they've been pulling efforts for multiple decades knows no bound, given how old touch this sound yet creative thought process presented to withstand always work in their favor. cheeky melodies and insightful progression on this art pop is unmatched. enjoyable.

fav: We Go Dancing, Nothing Is As Good As They Say It Is, Take Me For A Ride

Seinabo Sey - THE ONE AFTER ME

Seinabo Sey - THE ONE AFTER ME

her first album in 6 yrs serves the liberate state of mind, the settle down life acceptance being an own family member and express all the emotion in classy way. inconsistent and poor choice of beats while the swedish r&b singer mind her own business and deliver carefree feel good vibe.

fav: Constellations, Keys 2 the Moon, DREAM

Heart Attack Man - Freak Of Nature

Heart Attack Man - Freak Of Nature

that's what happen when album got concept in mind and not follow through the process, the usa alt rock band stuck in middle of career transition to next phase that seems uninspired at times. chords build up is pretty decent, potential production to be ruined by sub par lyrics/melodies. take quite sometime to appreciate when it's not that bad, underwhelming though.

fav: title track, C4, See You On The Other Side

Lola Young - My Mind Wanders and Sometimes Leaves Completely

Lola Young - My Mind Wanders and Sometimes Leaves Completely

oh lorde, ok first thing first, the UK pop singer debut full longplay is basically collection of absurd unbearable edgelord lyrics that literally destroy any creditable left over basic midtempo alt pop beat. quite awful experience over mid production that she cant decide if this is commercial or indie.

fav: Revolve Around You, Semantic Satiation, What Is It About Me

Kari Faux - Real B*tches Don’t Die!

Kari Faux - Real B*tches Don’t Die!

the hustling rundown of her career has been hell of a ride over a decade and she is here over prideful sophomore on LA hip hop based production. her growth is significant, flows so smooth ethereal singing, beats are pumping and all male collabs are quite suck but help to not sound too mixtape-que.

fav: Turnin' Heads, Me First, Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts

Simply Red - Time

Simply Red - Time

mick goes for more adult contemporary smooth pop soul this time, the absence of funk/disco sound shows softer side of the band and simply expose how whack it is, karaoke production, cheap cocktail bar music that has little to redeem value, mick sound wash up as expected. just skip...

fav: Shades 22, Better With You, Earth in a Lonely Space

Rhoda Dakar - Version Girl

Rhoda Dakar - Version Girl

mellow spring breakin into sunshine summer cover album from UK ska/reggae veteran in the genre. cut off those variation that expected to have any upbeat party theme instead she serves classic well-known covers with immaculate vocal singing effortlessly, stress-free dinner cooking album.

fav: Everyday is Like Sunday, What a Wonderful World, Love Hurts

Matchbox Twenty - Where The Light Goes

Matchbox Twenty - Where The Light Goes

forgotten fad except they are national treasure over land down under became semi australia band at some point. first studio album in 11 yrs and it's all acoustic soft pop rock that harmless and almost like different band except lyrics structure that remain their signature. gen x-millennium excellence.

fav: wild dogs, dont get me wrong, where the light goes 

Kodak Black - Pistolz & Pearlz

Kodak Black - Pistolz & Pearlz

against all odds, the highlight of the week that highly anticipating. literally cant stop laughing on this embarrassment every times he goes vocal process all that gimmicks on this sex theme album by the alleged r***** himself lmao. trainwreck to hell and back, the new low for hip hop and humanity.

fav: Pistolz & Pearlz, Flirting With Death, No Love For A Thug, Beretta Love

2/6/2023 week

super stacked week all those rock/metal bands and many for hunties, sophie ellis-bextor, jake shears, the aces, and... is anyone care about big time rush now or should i?

Foo Fighters - But Here We Are

Foo Fighters - But Here We Are

well yeah... it's quite giving what it supposes to give and cute autopiloting patterns as well as every FF albums albeit the content in lyrics that is the pinnacle of this whole album and they rightfully nailed it to the tribute. nothing over the top, dave vocal never change, absolute heartfelt and lovely.

fav: the teacher, beyond me, rest

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But a Dream...

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But a Dream...

come off as surprise, it's the continuous of their prog metal from last project to add avant-garde elements with their commercial pandering. trippy turns, visual isnt solid for prog standard but complex prog/avant-garde metal with most melodic chords is rarely to come by. recommend the second half.

fav: we love you, easier, (O)rdinary + (D)eath transition

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Council Skies

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Council Skies

tories supporter roars to get his magic power of songwriting back in hand , kinda worth skip pandemic and interval 6 yrs to recharge and deliver again. the band's fourth album jump on soft pop rock that relies on frontman lyrics and quite decent result to hymn along these tracks. superb.

fav: There She Blows!, Dead to the World, Easy Now

Bully - Lucky for You

Bully - Lucky for You

the grunge 90's craze influence is so strong on this 4th band indie rock album and huge nostalgia melodic production that is furious fierce in girl boss style. along noise/slacker/power pop tagged, most tracks would have been classic rock radio hits back then based on how catchy and easy listen it is.

fav: Lose You, Change Your Mind, A Wonderful Life 

Toosii - NAUJOUR

Toosii - NAUJOUR

4th album already from melodic commercial trap rapper, plain generic background playlisting so skip talk about other thing. well, why would not khalid come out as homosexual or non-cis asexual because it's pride month now we know you are not str8, just be yourself, better for your health and life.

fav: favorite song, favorite song (remix), Favorite Song (Toxic Version) [bonus track]

Tanya Tucker - Sweet Western Sound

Tanya Tucker - Sweet Western Sound

this career phase for her keeps growing strong than ever from last big comeback project in 2019. brandi carlile back to produce again and deliver another good acclaim baited that grammy love, updated storytelling in lyrics is predictable but solid production as expected, little flaw to none.

fav: Waltz Across a Moment, When the Rodeo Is Over, Ready As I'll Never Be. 

Einar Solberg - 16

Einar Solberg - 16

not so called debut album of lead singer from well known prog rock/metal band Leprous. songwriting, melodies structure, instrumental layering everything, it's replicate his band album over knock off art pop version that not totally outside of signature technique. great vocal beautiful vocal.

fav:  Home, Blue Light, Grotto

Pupil Slicer - BLOSSOM

Pupil Slicer - BLOSSOM

shaky concept album whether this could result in overall good piece of work or not, since they are mathcore band, well the album seems to focus on visual than complex difficulty instead which doesnt hit the spots as much in the end. just like generic metalcore album, their fans should like this.

fav: Momentary Actuality, The Song at Creation's End, Dim Morning Light

Shmu - Diino Power: Plastiq Island

Shmu - Diino Power: Plastiq Island

experimental electronic as it's 8th album from him now. since genres description on this is over the place, every track by track is almost like listening to different album to another which displays fresh bright eccentric upbeat on slice of psychedelia influence dance music. game music on steroid.

fav: Pebble Palace 🗿🐚🪨 (Introducing ButtoNs), Haunted Nighttime Kohlrabi Casino (Feat. Fever the Ghost)👻 🏙🏦, Blood Rain Sparkle Road (Feat. Bloodz Boi, Thor Harris & Zac Traeger) 🩸🍷❣️🎈

Rufus Wainwright - Folkocracy

Rufus Wainwright - Folkocracy

oh my goodness, what a ridiculous attempt on folk with million collabs in there and what a nightmare to sit through his well-known tenor tone that totally left field toward sounds in album. terrible off harmonies between him and others, grating vibrato on irritating production. yuck pack it up girlies.

fav:  Shenandoah, Alone, Arthur McBride

posting random 10 albums of the week i both recommend and not recommend at the same time.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Mhutto6214 and https://www.albumoftheyear.org/user/polgg48/ for live update

9/6/2023 week

summer begins, notable familiar names come up all at once for even more busier week than ever. go stream new albums from janelle, chris and the queens, and amaarae asap.

Squid - O Monolith

Squid - O Monolith

sophomore funky fun experimental staffs that pretty instant in your face with how quirky and easy to bop despite of high detailed complex structures to explore in album. accessible to everyone and almost commercial sound to be play on pop radio, they dodge the slump and success doing so.

fav: The Blades, Undergrowth

Jayda G - Guy

Jayda G - Guy

up and rising dj star on her second album that deems as deep house but it's overall pop album with house background music. tropical flavor otherwise bland moments in contents which her vocal is complete snoozefest and weak melodies in troubling poor beats. even on pop standard, it's just there.

fav: Circle Back Around, When She Dance, Sapphires of Gold

King Krule - Space Heavy

King Krule - Space Heavy

undeniable atp he is on the career state to now one of the great classic musician of his gen and unborn babies will be wonder why this boredom is good in 30 yrs later. all in on neo-psydelia rock on this one, sobby melancolic flat keys yet instant relatable right from first note to finish. late night vibe.

fav:  Hamburgerphobia, Seaforth, When Vanishing

Youth Lagoon - Heaven Is a Junkyard

Youth Lagoon - Heaven Is a Junkyard

there are plenty artists who complete absent in pandemic period on or before 2019 last album and they kinda move on from old renowned aesthetic to happier phase without the disease like this one. adorable vocal just does it with pleasure tones and optimistic lyrics. sad boy sees the light and grow up.

fav: Idaho Alien, Deep Red Sea, Helicopter Toy

Dream Wife - Social Lubrication

Dream Wife - Social Lubrication

their vocals got classic rock vibe turning to playful garage rock / pop punk which actually has good pacing balance between cheeky spoken words to riot grrls scream to serious singing tones. not that interest on instrumental wise but pure joy and cool visual. definitely fun not try too hard.

fav: title track, who do you wanna be?, honestly

Tenhi - Valkama Tenhi - Kaski

Tenhi - Valkama & Kaski (archival compilation)

double releases in 12 years from finnish dark folk band which one on the right is continuous from their own compilation long ago. over these entire new tracks, just simply absolute stunning visual, the way production pull up a hell of a journey and sense of mysterious story along infectious chords.

fav: Saattue, Valkama, Hele

Bendik Giske - Bendik Giske

Bendik Giske - Bendik Giske

series of collection coming from this guy is captivating, pure hypnotic type beat forming from saxophone and electroacoustic to be amazed by despite of simplicity it sound. self-titled fourth album on comfort patterns and better than ever, zero theme with crisp sharp layering, audiophile wet dream.

fav: Not Yet, Rhizome

Feeble Little Horse - Girl With Fish

Feeble Little Horse - Girl With Fish

cringe lyrics aside, they are pretty refreshing for thin vocal, zero octave, almost spoken word girl to be this entertaining from noise pop/slacker rock band. despite of how mellow sweet overall sound, this doesnt stand out that much to other bands because of mediocre melodies and satire visual.

fav: Tin Man, Steamroller, Pocket

Jess Williamson - Time Ain't Accidental

Jess Williamson - Time Ain't Accidental

promising folk americana chanteuse dream a dream about having a sheer of commercial leaning sound as far as genre could reach the limit. her fifth album is diet taylor swift attempt with non PR tacky lyrics that is yeah country pop. her pen is always solid so let's do daily chores and enjoy this along.  

fav: A Few Seasons, title track, Roads

Sexyy Red - Hood Hottest Princess

Sexyy Red - Hood Hottest Princess

reminder that most of these MIDI come from well known producers / major label quality beats to be made and praise to get good rappers jammed in the vault. wishful thinking, all tracks sadly got recklessly destroyed by her off-beat and highly suspect how album is out due to this quality. bop though.

fav:  Pound Town 2, Looking for the Hoes (Ain’t My Fault), Strictly for My Strippers

16/6/2023 week

once again, I'm not anywhere close to my desktop then all texts will be full of features by Wednesday. Battle for summer smash looming, plenty and many more to catch up.

Queens of the Stone Age - In Times New Roman...

Queens of the Stone Age - In Times New Roman...

daddy josh back with the gang and ready for their best comeback in history of music. well sorry but they cant rely on their unique songwriting style forever when production is uninspired and sound about to gas out at any second in a song. too safe to ride on these grandpa instrumental, awkward.

fav: Obscenery, Emotion Sickness, Carnavoyeur

Donna Missal - Revel

Donna Missel - Revel

Good usage of sub dance genre, future garage, synthpop, trance and effortlessly switch back to basic pop song with all them cohesiveness. it's just instant crowd pleaser for her to offering upbeat bops and sad girl anthem that is interesting in details and relatable in contents. Astonishingly snapped.

Fav: move me, heaven here, paranoia

MAN ON MAN - Provincetown

MAN ON MAN - Provincetown

gay bear duo unnecessarily back on their questionable sophomore that isn't needed for society and quite confident on their representative based from cringe gay over 30 lyrics. Hard hitting pub crawl indie rock with few synthpop, mature gay bar music which serves it's purpose for their ages

Fav: Take it from me, Piggy, Gloryhole

Bettye LaVette - LaVette!

Bettye LaVette - LaVette!

mama comes through for first album in 3 years. Heartfelt moments and significant country soul production that is contemporary to be sung by others and perfectly fit for her vocal here. country section is bit weak compare to soul leaning midtempo side, she gonna hold her whiskey glass and say no ma'am not today.

Fav: plan B, concrete mind, I'm not gonna waste my love

Jantra - Synthesized Sudan: Astro-Nubian Electronic Jaglara Dance Sounds From the Fashaga Underground

Jantra - Synthesized Sudan: Astro-Nubian Electronic Jaglara Dance Sounds From the Fashaga Underground

The blowup explosion of African music is imminent as well as the international release from sudanese electronic act. Despite of one side stereo mixing, layering of synth all comes to beat the drumline just couldn't get better than this. Melodic structure also a nice treat to decent production, very thoughtful visual as a plus too. Pleasure listen.

Fav: Makhafi, Ozali, Khadija 

Brennen Leigh - Ain't Through Honky Tonkin' Yet

Brennen Leigh - Ain't Through Honky Tonkin' Yet

The hot streak continues heating up from her following favorable former albums by going all the way with Honky tonk neo-traditional country. Beside great songwriting, it turns to be too tamed and serve a girl no one pick up to even talk at counter. Happy go lucky but you gotta go wild at bar, there's jukebox and dancefloor; not at your lovely kitchen, girl.

Fav: title track, I'm still looking for you, running out of hopes, arkansas 

Yusuf & Cat Stevens - King of a Land

Yusuf / Cat Stevens - King of a Land

Surprise fact for a tea that he converted back to christian for few years now. Well he must have seen all those shadiness and stereotype over them, even nicest guy who been Islam for 40 yrs gave up on his belief... ok let's move to content, his children book attempt is generally bad in term of dull representing. poor songwriting for his standard, meh production like nothing grab attention and make them kids snooze. failed campfire music.

Fav: title track, all nights, all days, take the world apart

Home Is Where - the whaler

Home Is Where - the whaler

post-hardcore band 2nd album on their quest to carry folk punk legacy which is main songwriting structure of album with convincing visual. decent enough, emo side kinda ruin the cohesive that nicely built up just to make them unnecessary gimmick to sound edgy. second half is much better tho.

fav: Daytona 500, Chris Farley, Nursing Home Riot

Zeph - character development

Zeph - character development

debut album after pulling out demos and promote over her social medias, it's here and she delivers all them cuteness of bedroom pop and indie pop/rock that offered. good songwriting even generic for standard since she works on her own and definitely those guitar leads rock tracks are suited for her weak vocal. very likable and great over this budget of production and sound bop catchy overall either.

fav: title track, sorry im not, walls 

Sigur Rós - ÁTTA

Sigur Rós - ÁTTA

with how long their career has been on along inconsistent receipt throughout the span of 10's, they move to chamber music side this time away from old sound then orchestral strings layers to haunted vocal as usual. the result is indeed work for them as atmospheric production that displays emotional chords following vocal and good build up till reach the summit. as force as it sometimes might seems, the texture quality is not bad and they got more room to improve from this already great work too.

fav:  Klettur, Blóðberg, 8

23/6/2023 week

the big continuous weeks for music contribution keep on coming only to be blocked by morgan wallen and taylor swift albums in the chart. unfortunate souls including jason mraz, portugal. the man, young thug, swans, and many more.

Geese - 3D Country

Geese - 3D Country

when it comes to change the band sound on sophomore album, it's always risk to get bad reaction or elevate status to next stardom level. the art punk band approaches alt-country sound with more happy optimistic atmospheric along indie rock tracks, it's high budget roadtrip album for wealthy gen-z who wants to be cowboy for a day, inconsistent but lyrics/production displays creative and effort nonetheless.

fav: undoer, mysterious love, tomorrow's crusades

Militarie Gun - Life Under The Gun

Militarie Gun - Life Under The Gun

light heart instrumental rather poppy alt rock that fueled by angry post-hardcore vocal but not on emo/screamo level. the debut project from the band kinda moderate fine in genre's standard, not too strong melodies not too complicated in production while sound decent overall. enjoyable rock on summer sunshine day with slightly introvert mood.

fav: Will Logic, Never ****** Up Once, Return Policy 

Duki - Antes de Ameri

Duki - Antes de Ameri

the infamous rising star argentine rapper back on cruise control yet another project with trap and even more trap for entertainment. ambitious aggressive flow going in for most bars arguably harder than gangster/hardcore hip hop albums out there, love him or hate him apparently he raps the hell out of this despite guests drag down a bit with outdated beats.

fav: ROCKSTAR 2.0, dE ENEro, title track   

Peso Pluma - Genesis

Peso Pluma - Genesis

from Grupo Firme coachella appearance to recent Eslabon Armado to this release, the hype rising from corrido tumbado artists wont be stop the momentum so soon with various vocal showcases over more traditional sound than overrated annoying eslabon album. good pacing to not sound monotone, chill soothing with few rap, surprise he makes it listenable at least.

fav: Rubicon, Su casa, Lady Gaga

Big Freedia - Central City

Big Freedia - Central City

no offense but calling pronoun big freedia/big freedia here since big freedia prefer that way, big freedia has come a long way for big freedia career and being active hopping on albums to features after samples certainly help promo the community in positive light. this album is maximalist pop rap, bold bass, big vocal, and little space to breathe, certain mood needed to bop along. collabs help ease the variation over non-tacky production. pretty ok all in all.

fav: Motivate Ya, $100 Bill, You Already Know

Niia - Bobby Deerfield

Niia - Bobby Deerfield

the networking skills definitely outweighs musical skills for alt r&b chanteuses on her 4th album with major label tighten up during her so called career. being the vanilla BANKS counterpart, she offers the dullest faceless music that low budget and plain boring to give any attention as everything screams mediocre in here. lifeless, hopefully the last album from her.

fav: Targa, Night Ride, The Moon Is a Beautiful, Lonely Woman  

Tensnake - Stimulate

Tensnake - Stimulate

uninspired as hell, it's like bunch of demoes from 2013-14 heydays to stitch up modern instant filler MIDI sample beats and present as groovy pop vocal on funky house beat that goes nowhere without any creativity. which is not surprise given almost all deep house 2011-2015 peaks producers, snakehips, chris malinchak, moon boots, old kaytranada (cant come to the phone right now) hardly evolve from their sounds except only one M83 who got sense of artistic left. for tensnake, with all due respect, let's stream coma cat in honorary once again.

fav: Bodytalk, Sunshine, Rooftop

Elza Soares - No tempo da intolerância

Elza Soares - No tempo da intolerância

she probably praise for any good review even in sea of bad reception and greet anyone who criticize her album with beautiful smile grace up there in heaven at the moment. the posthumous studio album non-archival from brazilian samba legend filled by midtempo standard arrangement that not too fancy outside of small theatrical visual carries her vocal, psychedelia string somehow is best section in here. blessing gift for music.

fav: Feminelza, Pra ver se melhora, Rainha africana

Trophy Eyes - Suicide and Sunshine

Trophy Eyes - Suicide and Sunshine

very narrative driven for fourth album from pop punk band after internal issues throughout the years with how long their career lasts over a edge of transition of their lives. relatable lyrics on great vocal pacing that he meant by them every single words and melodies is pretty satisfying to feel their passionate over their introspective. quite serious based on title and deliver.

fav: sean, stay here, what hurts the most

Amanda Shires & Bobbie Nelson - Loving You

Amanda Shires & Bobbie Nelson - Loving You

just bitter sweet heartbroken everytimes when posthumous album releases and huge grieving visual along in memoriam. the brother himself willie is 90 yrs this year and let bobbie carried her torch to the ultimatum assisted by talented amanda on the side. acoustic minimal production singing any covers bobbie love and appreciate throughout the run course. mesmerizing remembrance x.

fav: over the rainbow, summer time, always on my mind

oopsie messed up forget quote

update album lists later

edit: omg thank you cache

30/6/2023 week

uzi vert week and *spoiler* album is extremely bloated so messy, disposable and not surprise nicki minaj track is the worst one, shout out to olivia rodrigo on her new smash btw, poor yena fuming hard.

YUNHWAY - YUNHWAY

YUNHWAY - YUNHWAY

nugu rapper comes out of hidden phase to unveil her true desire and passion via her 4th album after couple different alias stage name like why sis. bounchy pop rap over wicked bass beats and chill drum n' bass on her tolerable sing, giving what self-titled should present on various visual/sounds which worth the listen to bop along.

fav: BANG & SPIT, GOAT, Ibiza

Tainy - DATA

Tainy - DATA

sometimes when you ought to take a chance to set apart from usual pair, it's never been easy in partnership but the well-known producer definitely got his taste of 'paul simon' success on this spectacular all-stars reggaeton. various MIDI and styles approach showing creativity and collabs also jam to the fun, sorry to the balvin guy.

fav: BUENOS AIRES, PASIEMPRE, si preguntas por mi, SACRIFICIO

4s4ki - CODE GE4SS

4s4ki - CODE GE4SS

commotion incident about anime related on that title by japanese hyperpop act who consistent release her projects. neither care on the series but all come down to the music and ost. vibe along motion picture is not too bad, balancing pace to not overwhelming and decent production to match on-sync with the anime. pretty good

fav: eleven, black rebellion, shirley   

thanks god - ULTRAV!OLENCE

thanks god - ULTRAV!OLENCE

experimental work isnt for everyone except invalidated curiosity killed the cat phase here, post-industrial noise pop on social violence concern visual which displays sorrowful and depression over deadpan vocal. erries synthes and gun samples represent markers for concept reminder that exists in everyday's lives. serious bops.

fav: SCAM bible, siQ fuQ, HEART MATH, i am i, YOU ARE HOME 

Olivia Dean - Messy

Olivia Dean - Messy

in the meantime when UK r&b girls go chase afrobeats or edgy electronic now, this debut is instead more pop leaning soul vibe go get along inoffensive harmless topics. lovely non-avacado vocal shows range of sustainable harmonies and quality tones that versatile between fun and sad songs. skillful production in relaxing environment.

fav: Dangerously Easy, The Hardest Part, Dive

Dwellings - Little Garden

Dwellings - Little Garden

almost like they play at beautiful lush field garden as cover art but only it's their garage backyard in reality. swancore band (progressive post hardcore) sophomore project on casual sunshine leisure visual where isnt that much of technical complex chores while maintaining solid pacing to sound fun and accessible. sweet

fav: Gothic, It's All There, Serrated

Semiotics Department Of Heteronyms - Fake Is Real

SDH - Fake Is Real

before jumping on, band name is 'Semiotics Department of Heteronyms' in full, chille chatGPT couldnt come up with that's for sure. their second album as dark synth pop monotonous vocal bit of italo-disco, it's quite weak in production and floating on random pacing which mostly doesnt know how to end songs, cold as ice.

fav: Our Fear, Hollowed Out

Nothing But Thieves - Dead Club City

Nothing But Thieves - Dead Club City

conceptual album describes about exclusive club in dead city following title, reflecting daily life mindset that is not interesting at all and failed along braindead tranquility hotel from arctic monkey. UK pop rock 4th album presents forgettable melodies after barely commercial accessible that sound nice as background playlist. dull

fav: Tomorrow is Closed, Do You Love Me Yet?, Foreign Language

bdrmm - I Don't Know

bdrmm - I Don't Know

nice treat of change to the space rock sound over album deemed as dream pop when it's minimal usage of shoegaze/neo-psychedelia effect that everyone and their mums spammed on their albums. not utterly on hypnotic dreaming vibe based on those questionable melodies hence its characteristic is viable and cute.

fav: A Final Movement, Be Careful

Delacey - The Girl Has A Dream

Delacey - The Girl Has A Dream

other side of music industry then there are sea of songwriters/producers who always struggle to create demoes and got royalty coins from other known artists. as a sophomore side-gig for LA pop singer who remain rich and unbothered on non-existent career, it's full of useless demo in dead end development that worth absolutely nothing, lana del ray inspired quick pop playlisting fillers. imagine how tired we are.

fav: The End, Nobody's Girl, Things I'd Save in a Fire

Edited by Polgg48

7/7/2023 week

all unofficial announce releases until last minute for albums especially hip-hop field is getting tired, stay tune for officials on today and the mother PJ Harvey back goddess legend she is.

Gus Dapperton - Henge

Gus Dapperton - Henge

most bedroom pop artists from 2018-19 slowly turn the tide and grow up to be mature and wiser over current metric, for gus, the album contains majority of upbeat synthpop flourished under indie pop fundamental with his melancholy lyrics and tones that radiates sadness but cant help bopping along. nice, troye your turn.

fav: Sunset, Homebody, Lights

Saloli - Canyon

Saloli - Canyon

she goes by nature visual based on the bear cover art, the progressive electronic act second album got all the high pitched synth work bouncing around seemingly demonstrate sense of adventure among the wildness. semi-ear****** because of torturing sharp keys but pacing is on points hence cute visual displayed. acceptable.

fav: Waterfall, Nighthawk  

Lauren Bousfield - Salesforce

Lauren Bousfield - Salesforce

absolute recklessly glitch pop fizzling, furious, fiercely breakcore-influenced from long-term electronic chanteuses. literally oozing the sexyness from those whispering vocal run that tremendously enhance the record with high speed heavy hard beats tagging drill and bass usages to go even faster. autopiloting pattern in play though.

fav: Hazer, Halt Draft, Sable Wings

Laurence Guy - Living Like There's No Tomorrow, but Killing Yourself in the Process

Laurence Guy - Living Like There's No Tomorrow, but Killing Yourself in the Process

ambitious and dramatic title to basically introspective project from UK house producer. his 2nd LP project is everything that certain artist (fred *cough* again) wishes it turn out to be this good. silky subtle midi beat with gorgeous layering that progress the visual through transitions very well. detailed and hard to replicate production.

fav: Reflections, Let the World Know, Ways, The Sun

Lou Garcia - KARUMA

Lou Garcia - KARUMA

brave soul to not include her biggest hit 'Não Fosse Tão Tarde' on her debut, good sis says let's make the album i wanted and i'll get it. brazilian pop singer presents her unique sad vocal to commercial synth playlist filler pop-rock sound which completely differs visual from her hit. impressive mainstream music with visionary mind.

fav: incendiou, o amor (acabou), vendo você se pôr

MISOGI - ESCAPE ARTIST

MISOGI - ESCAPE ARTIST

cloud rap based underground alt-pop 3rd album goes with his electropop fresh fun summer ready this time under guise of cloud rap emo singing over bit of conceptual that has content and substance apart from general album in genre. growing up from moody dream pop breakout to moody digicore influence, admit he pulls off well.

fav: IMAGINE TECHNICOLOUR, SLEEP WALKER, DREAMER BOY, VOID FALLEN

Alice Phoebe Lou - Shelter

Alice Phoebe Lou - Shelter

falling into category of 'once you love my music, you'll always love my music' type of act, the singer-songwriter official fifth studio album is expectedly full of summer happy inoffensive songs over kisses of dream/psychedelic pop and soft rock to accompany her mesmerizing vocal. album for fans and indie lovers, autopilot to the max.

fav: Angel, Lately, Hammer

Ly Trang - Syenite

Ly Trang - Syenite

electronic underground scene from vietnam has been blowing up so much in recent years aside from Rắn Cạp Đuôi obvious contribution. her second studio album continues progressive sounds from folktronica/IDM debut to mysterious lonesome electroacoustic while maintaining melodic chords on abstract visuals. superb work.

fav: i'm ready to be any animal that's whistled, cái cốc nhảy, under the Arbat metro station

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Surf Bungaku Kamakura (Complete Edition)

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Surf Bungaku Kamakura (Complete Edition)

interesting on first few tracks on their post-hardcore attempt before back serving dad-rock from j-rock veteran 12th album. tons of chords reminisce western pop punk/power pop/post-hardcore structures that sound good for their ages and most tour attendees should not be disappointed buy this along their merc. shine bright.

fav: 藤沢ルーザー, 石上ヒルズ, 江ノ島エスカー, 日坂ダウンヒル

Gacharic Spin - W

Gacharic Spin - W

quite polarizing band towards general casual due to their signature sound that has tighten pacing and unique local japanese appeal where is only place the band can acquire successful career on their 8th album there. slice of riot grrrl punk dubbed, their J-rock melodic structures got decent flows and much more complex layering than what it seems, they made their music campy and work for their favor then maybe there is a reason why the band lasts more than a decade and continue doing so.

fav: Rabbithole, Voice, ナンマイダ

• 2 weeks later...

14/7/2023 week

notable releases from the brexit land, rita ora, mahalia, disclosure and country genre that dodge all the big streak weeks after weeks in relative filler week. all big names, billie, troye, jung kook, are in singles section tho.  

John Coltrane & Eric Dolphy - Evenings at the Village Gate

John Coltrane & Eric Dolphy - Evenings at the Village Gate

unearthing the national treasure from the vault for the history of music all in together with this jazz archival from legendary musicians. piano McCoy Tyner, bass Reggie Workman, and percussion Elvin Jones along the one heck of the sax pair that worth the whole evening with all post-bop finest at its best. dont forget cig and wine.

fav: When Lights Are Low

Alaska Reid - Disenchanter

Alaska Reid - Disenchanter

challenging on the producer AG.Cook aside working on this indie pop/rock debut. her americana background on her 2011's EP also share bit of influence. otherwise, they're such a odd couple to pair with, playing catch up game fighting the beats on rocky production that not make sense with her questionable delivery. eerie radiation.

fav: Palomino, Back To This, Arctic Heart

Tessa Violet - MY GOD!

Tessa Violet - MY GOD!

elevate the definition of identity crisis to new unknown term, pop singer third album drags various pop genres from electro to folk to synth to acoustic gathered in one hell of a mess. every song is completely not correlated over mediocre lyrics, literally she throws everything at wall and nothing stick at all. album of all time ever.

fav: Play With Fire, Good Things Go Bad, You Are Not My Friend

Gabe Lee - Drink The River

Gabe Lee - Drink The River

screaming 'songwriting !!!1!!!11' multiple times for sack of pleasure listen. the americana 4th album hit another homerun that probably seal the solidifying legend status of his penning. the nature visual or so called campfire music is very well done over sweet hearten family beloved lyrics that doesnt require effort to get why this's good.

fav: Eveline, Merigold, title track

Far Caspian - The Last Remaining Light

Far Caspian - The Last Remaining Light

the sheer of likable factors that built reputation from his EP and debut remains viable and alive for dream pop hopeful sophomore. pacing is quite good for the shoegaze/dream pop standard, however, issue is the uninspired lyrics which doesnt have ambitious visual to sale and stay on very few same topics. mid music.

fav: title track, own, answer

Claud - Supermodels

Claud - Supermodels

quite slog to pinpoint the strength and outstanding aspects on their sophomore indie pop project. due to production's choice, they certainly got improvement over debut from lyrics to vocal but not enough punches to grab attention even visual is on point. something it's missing and it's the rawness related connection towards listeners.

fav: It's Not About You, A Good Thing, Screwdriver

Sam Burton - Dear Departed

Sam Burton - Dear Departed

soft sounding good bg music beautiful bg music from americana singer songwriter second album, definitely gravitate towards indie pop over folk americana based with baroque pop influenced on lyricism. quite a charm on him despite specific time for audiences is required to fully appreciate the serves. dramatic strings tho.

fav: Empty Handed, Long Way Around, Looking Back Again

MisterWives - Nosebleeds

MisterWives - Nosebleeds

it takes skills to release generic same songs into their 4th album and make zero progress out of it, pop rock band brings 110% cheerleader energy to non-stop uptempo indie pop dance and autopilot production on top of that. maximalist approach becomes tiring goes track by track since they are all same songs in structures. side-eyed.

fav: title track, Too Late, Out of Your Mind

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real - Sticks and Stones

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real - Sticks and Stones

dance between folk rock, blue rock, and neo-traditionalist country on yet another project from the son of nelson's tree. mostly uptempo, it's covering old school country that not entirely outlaw country lane instead this draws back to early day of honky tonk jukebox music on 60-70's. decent songwriting as usual, let's ride rodeo.

fav: More Than Friends, If I Didn't Love You, title track

Maddie Mae - Wildflower

Maddie Mae - Wildflower

troublesome battle over label and former bandmate that probably ended (assume it's her last contract) with this solo debut out from 'the yearning' singer who quit on the duo long ago. here, she finally releases her own pop music that sound confidence over her skillful vocal and cheap midi music that instead enhance her voice even more. despite this album wont do dense for her last leg career, it's full of commitment that she might or might not be proud of the body of work but it's pretty good overall. relatable.

fav: Black Liquorice, Lose You, Sunshine

21/7/2023 week

frontloaded week over blur, nas, greta van fleet, and barbie ost., hot EP trends with more exposure less effort is very much not welcome here and let's do all metal and rock albums this week.

Johnny Booth - Moments Elsewhere

Johnny Booth - Moments Elsewhere

from first key it's already good start to pump up on high energy aggressive dense layering metalcore that guarantee to get all the hype for a workout session. all they need to do on their third album is perfecting their great fundamental sounds and the album delivers on them despite of few questionable transitions, not a big deal.

fav: Full Tilt, The Ladder, No Comply

Voivod - Morgöth Tales

Voivod - Morgöth Tales

celebrating 40 years anniversary of their band to new territories of new decade into long lasting career with their old catalog tracks re-records to shine bright new 2023 version and new song as title track itself. the thrash metal titan definitely has joy over clean layering production with good ol' sound that represent their legacy.

fav: title track, Thrashing Rage, Rise

Agriculture - Agriculture

Agriculture - Agriculture

post-black metal or commonly called blackgaze is widely versatile range of genre that mostly those albums dont actually sound like the same as belonging to specific patterns as mainstream trap song or such. this blackgaze leans towards on heavy riffs atmospheric alt-rock on rough transitions boring visual, decent... just decent.

fav: The Glory of the Ocean, Relier

מזמור [Mizmor] - Prosaic

מזמור [Mizmor] - Prosaic

following the acclaimed joint album last year, one man sludge metal band moves to solo release on high anticipation among metal audience to continue with this very sound blending of doom/sludge/black metal in medieval setting. shallow chord technique, mild pacing, and basically the same album as last one. please the crowd.

fav: Only an Expanse

Outer Heaven - Infinite Psychic Depths

Outer Heaven - Infinite Psychic Depths

for too many times without explanation about pacing. it's MIDI flexible structure in production that depend on artists who control the speed of a song and each type of layering to squish visuals out of those songs. second album for death metal band, its pacing is just going nowhere with mediocre layering close to nu-metal. blah.

fav: Pillars of Dust, Warped Transcendence, Rotting Stone / D.M.T.

The Zenith Passage - Datalysium

The Zenith Passage - Datalysium

being technical death metal and there would indeed be plenty of complex chords amazing riffs great grand production to wow everyone on their feet. the band's sophomore album over 7 yrs from debut provides dynamic pace tossing chords over excellence robotic/AI visual. yet, it's quite bland layering to have a fun with this.

fav: Deletion Cult, title track

Disimperium - Grand Insurgence Upon Despotic Altars

Disimperium - Grand Insurgence Upon Despotic Altars

pretty consistent visual going for those noisy underground death metal as if it plays in cover art's tomb. the sublime keys switch pacing from death to black metal is surprisingly well made and lot of details on riffs and layering to catch on. the designed sound they poured effort into this album is heavy and this is only their debut.

fav: I, Servitor of Naught, Sepulchral Mind Prison, Manifested Primordial Torment

Ageless Summoning - Corrupting the Entempled Plane

Ageless Summoning - Corrupting the Entempled Plane

uk death metal on their high hope debut with subside doom death metal for the consideration. Cookie cutter your average metal album over basicness of their selling point. Production, however, flows pretty well on heavy metal influence that check the marks for metal capped. room to improve a tiny bit of visual and more.

fav: Title track, the Fractal Absolute, Salvation in ash

Cadaver - The Age Of The Offended

Cadaver - The Age Of The Offended

leftist woke metal to represent current twitter stereotype visual, the death metal band 6th album follows their predecessor duo revamped status from disbandment over a decade to continue strength their catalog. as gimmick as it is, riffs are enjoyable on their messy pacing and tolerate layers, not their best but acceptable.

fav: Death Revealed, The Sicker, the Better, Postapocalyptic Grinding   

Feuerschwanz - Fegefeuer

Feuerschwanz - Fegefeuer

veteran german folk metal back on almost annual release to their glorious 13th album on once renowned genre their fans love, power metal. the adventure questing for conquer the great dragon is quite on fast pacing than their usual catalog with more intense layering to motivate listeners fighting through dungeons until victorious.

fav: Bastard von Asgard, Berzerkermode, Uruk-Hai

28/7/2023 week

crowded week all big names comes to maximize summer effects, travis scott, carly rae jepsen, post malone, aphex twin EP and... anne marie for appearance and joining the list because she deserves it... sure sis. 

From Ashes To New - Blackout

From Ashes To New - Blackout

most of the times when it comes to alt metal bands, listeners just want banger music and good production then rock that's it, not with critique related to linkin park/papa roach worshiper or such. quite standard alt-metal by this metric from band's 4th album and solid layering radio panders with weak rap side but pretty good overall.

fav: Hate Me Too, Dead To Me, Armageddon

Sevendust - Truth Killer

Sevendust - Truth Killer

likewise, when a band has progressed to the stable state of their career, the creative bankruptcy is going to be at certain point unless they want all ideas to bloat album and hope some sticks. OG alt metal band new album is kinda backloaded banger on b-side, decent for their standard and ages but the slog pacing struggle is noticed.

fav: Leave Hell Behind, Love And Hate, Fence

Madeline Kenney - A New Reality Mind

Madeline Kenney - A New Reality Mind

up till this point, her success career has continued to feed her fans and gain new audiences over staple penning and heartfelt contents. turning into legit visual via real life experience as how her music has also growth and blossom to her 4th album from being former dream pop act. mature alt-pop solid production, feminine & elegance.

fav: Reality Mind, The Same Again, HFAM

CHIKA - SAMSON: the album

CHIKA - SAMSON: the album

troubling life and plenty of news in recent years following dramas and trigger warning warrants but finally this is her LP debut. of course, the topics are overwhelmingly by her experiences over theatrical visual and art pop/rock influence on her fire bars hip hop. she already win for release this album and should be proud of herself.

fav: DEMIGOD, PRODIGY, GET HERE, HURT

Luiza Lian - 7 Estrelas | quem arrancou o céu?

Luiza Lian - 7 Estrelas | quem arrancou o céu?

depend on each definition of art pop and how far experimental/creatives artist could implement and deliver on their music, this is the pinnacle of art pop. 4th album by brazilian art pop sissy brings fresh sounds innovative ideas with unique obscure visuals that actually accessible on bopping avant-garde methods. all sweat all upbeats.

fav: Cobras na sua mesa, Homenagem, Desabriga

Beverly Glenn-Copeland - The Ones Ahead

Beverly Glenn-Copeland - The Ones Ahead

yassified moment with his occasional comeback after once in a while and goes chamber/art pop route this time instead of his renowned new age/folk talents. his 5th official studio album from 79 yrs afro-canadian man is pretty much in his comfort zone autopiloting writing for cementing his legacy and all. quite sublime relaxing.

fav: Stand Anthem, title track

Locate S,1 - Wicked Jaw

Locate S,1 - Wicked Jaw

full of joyous and happiness among hottest days on earth with this album on leisure sunbathing park would be one of bucket list for those indie pop galore for sure. old school psychedelia influence on this indie pop is like a dream album for living the best day of lives with her optimistic vocal and melodic production. stay hydrated.

fav: Go Back to Disnee, The Hard Way, title track

iLoveMakonnen - Pink Nails

iLoveMakonnen - Pink Nails

the repetitive and cheap soundcloud production that is always his rising to fame strength, it's almost like the graveyard of trap rappers who was once popular in some sort mainstream attraction and suffer midlife crisis of their careers as of now. despite label as failed tiktok baited, there is glimpse of hope on his unfinished ideas here.

fav: Charming Pink, title track

Darlingside - Everything Is Alive

Darlingside - Everything Is Alive

honestly, it's all so borefest dad pop with folk background that goes too safe and uninspired at times. the indie folk 5th studio album presents snooze mediocre lyricism and questionable pacing which accompany by weird choice of harmonizing. more like generic folk pop album, the sympathy attempt isnt shown and... dad pls stop.

fav: How Long Again, All the Lights in the City, The Breaking of the Day

SUSTO - My Entire Life

SUSTO - My Entire Life

consistent transitioning and pacing throughout introspective album just couldnt get better than this, effortless smooth blend of americana and indie rock from band 5th album. subtle genres switch between songs carries visual very well and even the weakest aspect that is songwriting, it's still top notched to compliment storyline.

fav: title track, Rooster, Mt. Caroline

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.