Tove Styrke - 'Hard'

skankle

crying at her scrapping a song last minute when the album is already this short, is she trying to top Sway for worst album rollout of all time :toofunny3:

Start Walking and YouYouYou are the clear standouts

Millennial Blues is straight up awful and sounds like it'd be made by the i'm mad at disney girl

Hardcore... idk about the vocals, maybe I'll get used to them but jksdhsfds

not much to say about the other songs, meh album

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skankle

• Supervillain

• Delirious

• computer.boy

On 5/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, SitarHero said:

inb4 this is the 9 track album we get

I hate it here

3 hours ago, skankle said:

Like she's a swedish girl with an unpronounceable name who has been in the industry for 10 years, at absolute idealistic best she'll get a random viral tiktok song. Focus on building that fanbase with something more cohesive and distinct instead (which we know she's capable of)!

Let's just hope it's not another 4 years until the next album :deadbanana4: 

You're so dead on. She'd be so much better off just replicating Kiddo a few times than trying to come for Zara Larsson's pitiful corner of the industry

36 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

I hate it here

You're so dead on. She'd be so much better off just replicating Kiddo a few times than trying to come for Zara Larsson's pitiful corner of the industry

Thanks for cursing us dearie! Honestly not much sounds like Kiddo to this day so like she couldn't go wrong by rehashing it :michael:

3 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

Cool Me Down is 2:38

Well maybe we didn't miss out on much :toofunny2:

?

41 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

Cool Me Down is 2:38

Of ******* course :toofunny2: 

Can someone let her know CMD is missing? Surely she's gonna see it 

Is she trying to pull a ‘Vibe’ situation again by adding Cool Me Down sometime after the album is out?

Idk I’m reaching your honor!

I loved Kiddo and also adore Sway musically but good GOD why is everything so ******* messy with her :deadbanana2: 

I don't really follow her but this era was a mess, both sonically and visually: the artwork, amount of tracks, the length of them; a few could've had a cute intro or an instrumental outro. There's a few serves as “Start Walking / YouYouYou”, though.

"Lies / 24H" are pretty fun.

"Millennial Blues" is  quirky / cringey.

"Hardcore" is awful.

Top three:

• Start Walking.

• YouYouYou.

• 24H.

i only listened to Free so far cuz it was playlisted but it's terrible :rip:

i am just now finding out this album only has nine songs??? i didnt bother to look into it cause i was sure it was gonna have a bunch of bops since she was releasing singles left and right and now im just sad that after all this time we got an ep with most of it being released beforehand :deadvision:

wait isnt the album supposed to have 10 tracks??? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bibliahh::rip:

YYY was excellent and got me interested in whoever she is, but the 8 other tracks were… :noparty:

Wow, this is much more cohesive than I thought it would be based on the singles! It's a solid pop album imo, but it's definitely imperfect

The main issue for me is that the sound she chose to go for this time around is a bit faceless. Kiddo and Sway had a sound that was much more distinguishable from everything else out there:michael:

And with the songs AND the album being so short, nothing quite reaches that generic pop perfection either. Lies for example was screaming for a last big outro/bridge/chorus when it ended :monkey:

Still, I appreciate her trying new things with her voice (like on Hardcore, Show Me Love and 24H) and it at least has some good bops (Start Walking, YYY and Lies) :flame:

She should've kept Millennial Blues out of it and added two more bops as good as Start Walking. Hoping she'll still release Cool Me Down and it's a banger :cm:

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

**** this hoe and her ringtones

not her replying ☠️

Lies is way too short. I hate this girl and her 25 minutes of music every 4 years.

so-humiliating-demeaning.gif

I know it's embarrassing tiktokcore but I actually like Millenial Blues a lot, it's cute and the melodies are lovely. 

Hardcore > YouYouYou > Lies > Millenial Blues > the rest is not good

I'd like to personally apologize to all the tove lo stans I've dragged over this formerly excellent girlie. I now wish ms Styrke followed the Loprint made the same album 6 times in a row.

so-humiliating-demeaning.gif

This is great but at this point I expect nothing less from her! 'Millennial Blues' wouldn't sound out of place on Planet Her? very cute 

what is going AWN?? she better not be trying to release a deluxe version of a 9 track album with one more track 

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Jackson said:

what is going AWN?? she better not be trying to release a deluxe version of a 9 track album with one more track 

Not this…

22 minutes ago, Jackson said:

:deadbanana4: she's really testing us huh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.