Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

What's the maximum age difference you allow in a relationship?

Featured Replies

For both older than you and younger. 

 

As of today I would not date someone like 5-6 years younger than me and I would not date someone more than 18/20 years older.  

 

What about you?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

As long as he’s an adult I don’t care.

So if you would be fine if your son for example was 18 dating a 35 year old? 

Just now, Tropez said:

So if you would be fine if your son for example was 18 dating a 35 year old? 

Yes.

Just now, Tropez said:

So if you would be fine if your son for example was 18 dating a 35 year old? 

?

 

24 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Gross. 

This! The power dynamic and life experience is so off. Plus any 35 yo interested in someone that much younger has issues. A recipe for disaster and emotional damage.

I'm 23, I wouldn't date anyone younger than 20/21, I wouldn't have many issues with dating a 30-31 years old but it wouldn't be my first choice and I'd think twice about it, 22-26 is the best range. 

 

16 years old: 16-18

18 years old: 17-21

22-25 years old: 22-28

 

After 30: I think 10-13 is an ok range, but I still wouldn't date anyone over ~7 years older. 

Edited by ariananext

I’m 33 and my boyfriend is 23 :michael:

 

Thats the largest age gap I’ve ever experienced within a romantic relationship, and while there’s been a few issues, I’m not entirely sure they’re completely rooted in difference of age and maturity. 
 

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN

Well in both of my long term relationships, they were never more than six months apart from me so I guess that long lol.

i personally wouldn’t date someone who isn’t 21 and i just turned 23. older probably someone in their 30s is the oldest i’d go as i have a career and my own place at this point so we wouldn’t really be in a different life stage. but i understand it’s different for everyone. imo if you’re not a teenager you shouldn’t be dating a teenager they are not typically in the same life arena as someone in their mid 20s or older.

-1 year

+10 years

 

i simply prefer to date someone older or my age

Edited by GentleEarthquake

I'm 26 now and generally like guys in their 30s. I've chatted with a couple of guys in their early 40s before and honestly I feel like lately I've been preferring their maturity level a lot more. But I also just don't want to enter a situation where there's a power imbalance

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.