Why doing fun things after 25 is cringe for some people ?

MoonGoodandHappy

On 5/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Tropez said:

It means you don’t have your priorities together. You are too old to be going out at night, getting drunk, and acting a fool in the club. Shouldn’t you be balancing your check book, putting your mortgage together and looking at your bank statements at your old age  

I hope this is a joke because you’re kinda making a statement that under 25 you should be broke spending all your money, with no house, or not paying rent, etc.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• Tropez

• MoonGoodandHappy

• Protocol

Who says that???

Literally have never heard any of this and I did not think that way nor knew anyone who thought that way when I was under 25

On 5/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, Tropez said:

It means you don’t have your priorities together. You are too old to be going out at night, getting drunk, and acting a fool in the club. Shouldn’t you be balancing your check book, putting your mortgage together and looking at your bank statements at your old age  

Foolish. Anything it should be the exact other way around, with the way real estate prices are exploding everywhere, if you don’t start balancing your chequebook and looking after your money in your early 20s or teens instead of spending all your money on clubbing, you will never be financially independent. Once you do own property, and have your financial **** together then it’s OK to spend money partying and act a fool, because you’re not actually a fool.

That's what sad people say.

You should have fun at 50 if you want.

There are some things which are embarassing. Like going to clubs at 35+ or 40 surrounded by teens. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, Tropez said:

That stuff takes literally just a few minutes to do.

14 hours ago, Dante said:

That's what sad people say.

You should have fun at 50 if you want.

There are some things which are embarassing. Like going to clubs at 35+ or 40 surrounded by teens. 

How is going to club at 35+ embarrasing. Most the of the popular dj/producers that people go to clubs to see are 50+ so it makes sense for their fans to be aging too

cringe is just a reflection of internalised shame. live your life the way you want to and don't preoccupy yourself with thoughts of other people

Some things are but why do you care what some kids or teens say :rip: and that member is probably actually old trying to make young people feel like him lol.

Do many of yall never leave yalls basements? Like how clueless of people's activities can you be? :dies:

Most of my colleagues / friends who range from 22 to 59 go out drinking & clubbing :coffee2:

Edited by katara

9 hours ago, katara said:

Do many of yall never leave yalls basements? Like how clueless of people's activities can you be? :dies:

Most of my colleagues / friends who range from 22 to 59 go out drinking & clubbing :coffee2:

Apparently it's a crime to go out clubbing now.

When you're immature you have a very rigid view of what adulthood looks like. Your only points of reference are parents and teachers who are just authority figures (i.e. sticks in the mud) so naturally your underdeveloped brain thinks that's the way every adult is all the time. Plus, you're much more susceptible to social pressure and therefore more likely to cling to ideas of what people are "supposed" to act like.

Once you live a little it's easier to see that life in general is whatever the hell you want it to be.

Edited by Pop Life

• 4 weeks later...

Americans are so weird when diving ages. They act as if a person in their late 20s has nothing to do with someone in their early 20s when they can have a lot in common or nothing at all :michael:

You have to be an adult at some point in your life.

In the  not so distant past, the majority of people were married for several years and had multiple children by the time they were 25.

Why do we enable people to act like children forever? 

13 hours ago, Rowan said:

You have to be an adult at some point in your life.

In the  not so distant past, the majority of people were married for several years and had multiple children by the time they were 25.

Why do we enable people to act like children forever? 

Girl you can have a career, family AND still have fun going to clubs and bars. It's not a hard concept to grasp. :rip:

Might wanna read this and reflect:

On 5/11/2022 at 3:20 AM, Pop Life said:

When you're immature you have a very rigid view of what adulthood looks like. Your only points of reference are parents and teachers who are just authority figures (i.e. sticks in the mud) so naturally your underdeveloped brain thinks that's the way every adult is all the time. Plus, you're much more susceptible to social pressure and therefore more likely to cling to ideas of what people are "supposed" to act like.

Once you live a little it's easier to see that life in general is whatever the hell you want it to be.

Early 20s are for studies and preparing for a stable career. The fun should start during or after 25.

Edited by Aristotle

I'm in my 40's and still do all those things. :laugh:  You can't just stop and wake up one day and not follow charts.  I've been doing this since the mid-80's.  It's in my blood.  Besides, most record execs and Billboard people are in their 50s and 60s.  So it doesn't really have an age bracket.

Errr, whoever thinks that people stop clubbing at 25 obviously doesn’t go out and/or has never lived in a major city :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.