• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thinking Of You

• i spit on haters

• Katamari

• Click Clack

Mess I didn't recognize the name but knew immediately who this was when I clicked on the thread and saw his picture. He treated women like **** on his lives :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

Can someone TLDR, who was he/what was the controversy

Oopsie rest in hell misogynist! :heart:

Well...Karma spun the block on his azz. :coffee2:

Thinking Of You

Let’s be honest, mostly all of his points were valid but his approach was absolutely disgraceful. 

Based on the reactions, it is a blessing that I’ve never heard of this boy.

gif_2.gif

Edited by JonginBey

I have no idea who that is. RIP I guess 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Let’s be honest, mostly all of his points were valid but his approach was absolutely disgraceful. 

I think it’s less that his points are valid and more that they accurately represent the demographic of people that watched his show.

If you’re tuning into Kevin Samuels then you already have a warped view of relationships (regardless of your gender). These people view a partner as a job that you’re trying to fill rather than someone you’re in love with. 

If you view relationships as transactional where the man is reduced to how much $$$ he has and the woman is reduced to how sexually attractive she is, then you’re going to get relationship advice that is devoid of any empathy or personhood and instead just focuses on whether or not you check off the right boxes. 

Thinking Of You
6 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I think it’s less that his points are valid and more that they accurately represent the demographic of people that watched his show.

If you’re tuning into Kevin Samuels then you already have a warped view of relationships (regardless of your gender). These people view a partner as a job that you’re trying to fill rather than someone you’re in love with. 

If you view relationships as transactional where the man is reduced to how much $$$ he has and the woman is reduced to how sexually attractive she is, then you’re going to get relationship advice that is devoid of any empathy or personhood and instead just focuses on whether or not you check off the right boxes. 

I’m not sure about all that because I’ve never sat and watched any of his episodes. I haven’t seen any relationship advice from him. But from what I’ve seen when women would call in and have these insane expectations for attracting certain men and vice versa (from a looking to date standpoint), he would tell them the outright truth. Everything he said was pretty accurate in my opinion. Most of these people had these outlandish expectations for partners and they had nothing to bring to the table. That’s life. :skull:

22 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

I’m not sure about all that because I’ve never sat and watched any of his episodes. I haven’t seen any relationship advice from him. But from what I’ve seen when women would call in and have these insane expectations for attracting certain men and vice versa (from a looking to date standpoint), he would tell them the outright truth. Everything he said was pretty accurate in my opinion. Most of these people had these outlandish expectations for partners and they had nothing to bring to the table. That’s life. :skull:

He characterizes women into being high value or low value, asks them to rate themselves, share their weight, age, etc., and tells them that men don’t care about if they have a degree, high paying job, etc. because women are only there to be pretty, have kids, and tend to the home.  

If you are someone with a 20th century mindset who thinks men’s worth is tied to how much money they bring in and women are meant to be homemakers or eye candy, then his show appeals to you, and he gives you an accurate understanding of how men with that mindset think. I just think that mindset is played out. 

I think he accurately explains to some people that they need to have realistic expectations (e.g: the odds of them landing a Black man who makes six figures is low, especially if they aren’t attractive themselves), but his message revolves a lot about reducing women to sexual objects. 

Edited by Rotunda

I’d never thought I would see a thread about him on atrl lol 

Thinking Of You
4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

asks them to rate themselves, share their weight, age, etc., and tells them that men don’t care about if they have a degree, high paying job, etc. because women are only there to be pretty, have kids, and tend to the home

Physical attractiveness, yes. The first instinct any human will have

The second part is where he lost me. 

Yall are sick.

Whatever this man did/done that still give you no right to celebrate his death. 

Who? I have no clue about the context but I’m siding with the pro women comments y’all making

RyanD.gif.560141727051aef0bf8541294e6323

I thought it was just a hoax, i didn't know it died for real lmaoooo ? stupid games, stupid prizes ?? bye girl!

2ae8c13ffd13287c0c21b525775ec093da18ca03

3 hours ago, Khal said:

Oh, mess. I was going by a tweet that said he died alone and it took the authorities a while to even find a next of kin to identify him :deadbanana2:

The ironic thing about his death is that he passed away the same way he said black women (after a certain age) would: alone with no one to call. Like…:rip:

that's so crazy i just seen that video of him calling unmarried women over 35 leftovers and not even a week later he's dead... :rip: the universe really doesn't play

68320ec3f9dc7da500b27580171b0eed0e9313a4

6 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Let’s be honest, mostly all of his points were valid

6 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

I’m not sure about all that because I’ve never sat and watched any of his episodes. I haven’t seen any relationship advice from him.

ElbSLlgVMAAEqyB.thumb.jpg.61b4b1b93fffb8

Also not THIS member :rip:

I guess actual bigotry isn't fun to call out ?

ElbSLlgVMAAEqyB.thumb.jpg.61b4b1b93fffb8

Ia this real?:

Edited by AlanRickman1946

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.