• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FierceBitch

• Digitalism

• BnPac

• SoJro101

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Oxy said:

They want everyone to agree with them while the beauty of freedom is to have multiple of ideologies/opinions without the fear of endangerment.

+ Dave didn’t spew hate speech, just made a joke while also paid respect to his lost trans friend. 

Exactly. People are losing sight of the overall purpose of stand up. It’s a literal art form, often meant to be provocative, to provoke a larger conversation. The bigger message/context matters and there’s an opportunity to participate and push the conversation forward, but we’re so quick to “cancel” that we don’t even allow ourselves a seat at that table. It’s a** backwards and that within itself is hilarious. It’s like either you get it, or you don’t. That’s not to say that everything he says is appropriate, but in what way does attending a comedy special make an individual transphobic? Like… 

The hate yall have for this woman is so unhealthy and embarrassing. This was a gig for multiple comedians. Other celebrities were in attendance who also support trans people. Jay-Z calling Dave a genius doesn't mean Beyonce thinks the same. Even if this was a Dave Chapelle gig, I just couldn't care less because I know celebrities in general do not support cancel culture. All of our faves have done problematic things, many much worse than Beyonce attending a gig :rip: Some of you guys are in for a nasty reality when you leave your house and realize most humans outside of the internet do not care about social media drama or cancel culture :rip: 

51 minutes ago, Oxy said:

I think a lot of people are, cause he makes jokes about every community and not rallying people up. 

People should channel this energy to actual dangerous people. 

This. The straight men that slaughter trans people are the true dangerous ones that need to be public enemy. 

57 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

Madonna and rihanna were there too you left them out because? :coffee:

Rih was there too?!

however, only Madonna said anything tbh

and we Did find out it was a festival with other comedians or sum, so..

People in here thinking pop girls actually care about trans women and don't just use them

9 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

People in here thinking pop girls actually care about trans women and don't just use them

People in here thinking pop girls actually have a Personal vendetta against trans women and don't just accept them

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

People in here thinking pop girls actually have a Personal vendetta against trans women and don't just accept them

Not a personal vendetta 

I just know that all the pop stars in there knew dave was going to be performing and did't care enough to make a stance about it. 

The other possibility is that they don't even know dave hates trans peoplr. And if they didn't even know that it had happened how can you claim they care about trans people? 

19 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Not a personal vendetta 

I just know that all the pop stars in there knew dave was going to be performing and did't care enough to make a stance about it. 

The other possibility is that they don't even know dave hates trans peoplr. And if they didn't even know that it had happened how can you claim they care about trans people? 

Or maybe Dave doesn’t actually hate trans.

If there’s really any argument to made about Dave it should be about his active stance on affordable housing…but you people on here don’t actually care about real issues affecting people in real time, only issues you can use to shade pop stars. It’s honestly sad 

This actually makes me like Beyoncé. 

Yes, and we hate to stan :clap3:

21 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

If there’s really any argument to made about Dave it should be about his active stance on affordable housing…but you people on here don’t actually care about real issues affecting people in real time, only issues you can use to shade pop stars. It’s honestly sad 

You can care about both things

And if you did you would know that you didn't need to attack trans people to make a point about housing. That was his wrong unfunny choice and actually just plain lazy writing. 

The fact that you think that a huge celebrity with a huge platform can throw trans people, the most attacked community in the world, under the bus to make a point and then act like he cares about trans people is laughable. 

As long as those pop girls keep on not making a stance they don't care about trans people either.

3 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

These are all assumptions from the information she’s given the public regarding her relationship with her husband + the homophobic lyrics her husband has put out (whilst dating Beyoncé). I never claimed to know either personally, so stop acting holier than thou like as if these billionaires don’t endorse speculation to further their own celebrity.

His mother is gay. Has an entire song about it. No one is obligated to walk on eggshells concerning certain topics. There are plenty of LGBTQ+ who support Dave. What's more ,it's very disgusting to question Beyonce's feminism and experience as a WOMAN just because a quarter of the 0.6% of the population that might be trans have a selective and frivolous problem with Dave. Fight your dad. Fight these law makers. Fight Jesus. Not Bey and pop stars on stan twitter. 

Edited by Dreajae

The transphobia in this thread already just to save their faves face :duca: you would think these celebs are paying you for the meltdowns you showcase on a daily basis just to defend their honor :rip:

23 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

You can care about both things

And if you did you would know that you didn't need to attack trans people to make a point about housing. That was his wrong unfunny choice and actually just plain lazy writing. 

The fact that you think that a huge celebrity with a huge platform can throw trans people, the most attacked community in the world, under the bus to make a point and then act like he cares about trans people is laughable. 

As long as those pop girls keep on not making a stance they don't care about trans people either.

The most attacked people in the world are BLACK people. Historically and otherwise. And there are BLACK trans people. So wouldn't that make is awfully worse?

The truth is, it's not biological women's fight. They can't even stop violence they suffer at the hands of biological men. Historically black women have been used as stepping stools for many "minority" causes while being pushed to the back. Black men came first in Black Civil Rights and now BLM. White women come first in Feminism and Affirmative Action. White men come first in lgbtq+ rights. Then black men. 

1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

They don't care about that either cause if they did Bey wouldn't be the ONLY one they're throwing tantrums over. No matter. Being uber woke has become annoying as most predicted. People stay doing THE MOST to be a social media activist.

4 hours ago, FierceBitch said:

I agree and she’s seen as this feminist icon after Lemonade when all she did was talk sh*t on an album to end up back with a cheater? Bird behaviour.

This is such a limited view of feminism: that a woman loses her credibility if she decides to stay with someone who has cheated on her.

Lemonade is not a story about talking ****, it's the arch from doubt to anger to resolution. It's about choosing love when love is there. The title itself outlines this in the simplest way.

Beyoncé did leave Jay for a bit. This is shown in the film itself with Sorry. By Sandcastles she realizes his feelings, and understands her own too. Society is so wrapped up in this idea of impossible monogamy and wants us to protect it at all costs by leaving a cheater, but what if leaving is at the detriment to your own life, what if leaving makes you even unhappier, what if you have the personal strength and power to forgive? Are you not allowed to do so based on the anti-feminist idea that a woman's worth after being cheated on is dependent on whether or not she leaves her man? This idea removes female autonomy, and puts more importance on the man's actions than her own.

4 hours ago, FierceBitch said:

I agree and she’s seen as this feminist icon after Lemonade when all she did was talk sh*t on an album to end up back with a cheater? Bird behaviour.

You don't even know what feminism is, so why you decided to engage a topic you're ignorant about is very brave.

4 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

I love Bey but please if you really believe any woman who forgives cheating is not a bird. It’s giving insecurity, neediness and emotional + physical attachment, it’s embarrassing for all parts involved. She’s still better off than all of us tho so doesn’t really matter 

Girl please we all know your longest relationship was one drugged up night with 3 strangers railing you, please stay out of others REAL relationships. 

No points are being made; I feel bad for the paragraphs at this point like leave them alone :rip: 

Revoke her Gay Icon award! How dare she! 

4 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I wouldn’t be shocked. Beyoncé’s feminism is…odd, to say the least. I doubt she’s transphobic, but she gives me “I have a gay best-friend even though my boyfriend is homophobic” vibes the way she’s kind of a bird whenever it comes to Jay-Z. Also, most celebrities who are feminists are rich people before they are feminists/activists.

Oh wow. Many points were made.:giraffe:

1 hour ago, Dreajae said:

The most attacked people in the world are BLACK people. Historically and otherwise. And there are BLACK trans people. So wouldn't that make is awfully worse?

The truth is, it's not biological women's fight. They can't even stop violence they suffer at the hands of biological men. Historically black women have been used as stepping stools for many "minority" causes while being pushed to the back. Black men came first in Black Civil Rights and now BLM. White women come first in Feminism and Affirmative Action. White men come first in lgbtq+ rights. Then black men. 

I disagree on that. 

People are being legally killed today for being trans. Not in america but there is a world out there where that happens. Yes black people are the second most attacked community and because of that black trans people are the worst. But black people right now in this planet have more rights than trans people in most countries. And i'm not going to continue this conversation because that is a fact.

Edit: In that context a black men with a lot of power such as Dave could never been comparable to a trans person which include black trans people. He should have known better

Edited by Digitalism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.