Camila: People wanted to put me in a "sassy latina" box but I stayed true to myself.

Bimbo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Bimbo

• Apolonio

• luckythisway

4 minutes ago, istersay said:

cowparadeoch2.gif

Lmao, this gif is actually funny.

Sassy racist rat box was still available I see :gaycatina1:

A thread full of Latinaphobic and misogynistic comments. Not surprised. 

awkward-trisha.gif 

OT: Camila is a acclaimed Latina woman artist who is always staying tru to herself :clap3:

I love how brave and bold she is in the interviews :clap3:

I was at the Power of Women event last night and all I could think was - “will she ever apologize to Normani directly?”

1 hour ago, istersay said:

cowparadeoch2.gif

Comic sans...ha resurgence

So instead she opted for being a boring Latina?

She's stayed true to her BORING, UNCHARISMATIC and UNTALENTED self... :siptea:

and that's literally the box she's in so what now?

I mean I’d definitely believe that label execs probably wanted to rely on stereotypes when branding her. 

16 hours ago, Triton said:

Girl, you basically made your whole personality being a caricature of a Latina. 

... like this is so random to me when the majority of her musical success comes from embracing her latin/cuban roots and including that in her music with Havana, Senorita and Bam Bam - a latin/pop single from everything album she's released and her most successful songs to date. She acts like she's being typecast-ed like Sofia Vergara. This is the route you chose and what's brought you success, I say be grateful people care and give the GP what they want to hear.

Taylucifer

that tone death user still trying to defend her after all these years :ahh: give it up deelishis

Chile not when she goes back to sassy Latina EVERY time her white pop bombs :toofunny2:

On 5/6/2022 at 12:07 PM, 99sandthe2000s said:

... like this is so random to me when the majority of her musical success comes from embracing her latin/cuban roots and including that in her music with Havana, Senorita and Bam Bam - a latin/pop single from everything album she's released and her most successful songs to date. She acts like she's being typecast-ed like Sofia Vergara. This is the route you chose and what's brought you success, I say be grateful people care and give the GP what they want to hear.

exploiting =/= embracing

she’s milking it and also bitching about it. I’m glad people finally caught on to her 

7 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Chile not when she goes back to sassy Latina EVERY time her white pop bombs :toofunny2:

truth teller indeed

On 5/6/2022 at 2:58 PM, Goofy said:

and that's literally the box she's in so what now?

also what is wrong with that said box when it's the only reason that she's found any success wtf

On 5/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, 99sandthe2000s said:

roots that she claims to be so proud of so what's the issue? she should be proud that globally everyone has embraced her being so representative. this kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:49 AM, Truth Teller said:

i hate her white pop and hate it even more when that's what people on this site try to push on her to go in terms of directions like as if we don't have enough white popstars.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, dirrtydiana said:

exploiting =/= embracing

she’s milking it and also bitching about it. I’m glad people finally caught on to her 

truth teller indeed

Dx a psychofreak indeed. biting the hand that feeds her.

lol bish is delusional.

put it in a box and ship it to oblivia

Edited by Harry

Box with no holes, tone death, nonstop skull dragging :toofunny3: Best thread of NewTRL so far, methinks 

fbgwpsO.gif

Edited by luckythisway

Her confessional singer-songwriter songs never took off apart from "Never Be the Same", which, props where props are due, is a very nice retro style ballad that was a deserving hit. Havana type songs was a more distinctive lane that not many other girls can pull off. Selena and Demi were always more straight-forward pop. Becky G is more urban. There was an opening for a new Gloria Estefan type and Camila swooped in.

56 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Gloria Estefan type and Camila swooped in.

Gloria Estafan sweetie I’m SO SORRY

:mazen:

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

There was an opening for a new Gloria Estefan type and Camila swooped in.

This was nasty bestie

On 5/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, Protocol said:

Her confessional singer-songwriter songs never took off apart from "Never Be the Same", which, props where props are due, is a very nice retro style ballad that was a deserving hit. Havana type songs was a more distinctive lane that not many other girls can pull off. Selena and Demi were always more straight-forward pop. Becky G is more urban. There was an opening for a new Gloria Estefan type and Camila swooped in.

This isn’t even shady towards her tbh! Her and her team saw an opening in the market and they took it. Bam Bam doing very well internationally/on Spotify supports your argument that this lane works for her when executed well. I think the collaboration with Maria Becerra could do well too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.