Do ads work to you?

Outlaws

22 hours ago, jakedavis1994 said:

No lol it actually makes me want to stop using ATRL :coffee2:

The full page op up ads when I click on a topic are the worst thing to ever happen to this site. They’re infuriating and I hope they hear it from more people than us. 

I understand needing ad revenue, but keep them reasonable. A full pop up preventing you from using the page until you dismiss it is obnoxious. 

25 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

The full page op up ads when I click on a topic are the worst thing to ever happen to this site. They’re infuriating and I hope they hear it from more people than us. 

I understand needing ad revenue, but keep them reasonable. A full pop up preventing you from using the page until you dismiss it is obnoxious. 

I downloaded Adblock Pro last night and haven’t looked back since :rockon:

I had to install an ad blocker it was way too much.

They've always angered me - I've had an adblock since 2010

This ain't a safe space anymore :rip:

Screenshot-20220507-183603-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20220507-183627-Chrome.jpg

Ads never work on me. I also have three pop up blockers on my iPad and 4 on my phone so I don’t see them most of the time. 

I didn’t know there were ads until someone posted a screenshot  I thought ads block was mess but it’s working well actually :giraffe:

It's bloody egregious. Scrolling ads, full page ads, pop up ads at the top, on every single page with every single refresh. User experience is the pits. 

:psyduck:

no :deadbanana2:

23-F04-F9-F-7-E95-4-D8-B-A2-BA-65740-AEE810-B.png

On 5/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, undermyskin said:

I don't think the purpose of ads especially the ones like we're seeing on this website right now, or the ones in front of YT videos for example, are particularly meant to make the consumer say "oh wow, I'd really like this product". It's more of a subconscious thing where these products are being planted in the back of our mind. For example when most people see Panera Bread ad's right in front of a YT video they're probably not going to stop what they're doing and order Panera Bread. BUT, the next time they're out shopping and they're hungry and they see a Panera Bread, subconsciously that ad they saw on YT a couple days ago is going to trigger something and make them think "hmm, that sounds good".

This to be honest

In these days where information is such accessible, I don't think ads would instantly trigger my impulsiveness to buy the promoted services and products anymore. 

Good thing I'm smart enough to avoid those ads 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:35 AM, Wizard said:

no cos i use adblock, haven't seen an ad in yonks 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:37 AM, undermyskin said:

I don't think the purpose of ads especially the ones like we're seeing on this website right now, or the ones in front of YT videos for example, are particularly meant to make the consumer say "oh wow, I'd really like this product". It's more of a subconscious thing where these products are being planted in the back of our mind. For example when most people see Panera Bread ad's right in front of a YT video they're probably not going to stop what they're doing and order Panera Bread. BUT, the next time they're out shopping and they're hungry and they see a Panera Bread, subconsciously that ad they saw on YT a couple days ago is going to trigger something and make them think "hmm, that sounds good".

this and this.

tho tbh i keep getting ads for muslim dating apps and worldwide money transferring apps on my phone (no adblock). two things im not particularly interested in so im glad the cookies are confused as to what i want

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.