Do ads work to you?

Outlaws

Now that ads are being pushed EVERYWHERE...

HgYULfD.gif

In your case, have you ever found anything interesting through ads? Have you ever bought anything after getting it shown to you through an ad? Do you think ads work at all for most people?

In my case, I've never bought anything after having seen it on an ad, especially because I rarely get suggestions of anything interesting through them. They say ads work depending on your algorithm, your likes and all that, but I seriously think someone has to fix their algorithms 'cause... yeah.

Discuss.

cJUozeP.gif

No ads are corporate tactics to sell. At the end of the day it’s to push a product in your face. And even if the algorithm knows what I like, I don’t need to see it 50 times a day. Especially on social media accounts. It’s so excessive these days. Like even back in the day with commercials on tv, at least you could walk away. Some YouTube videos will make you sit and watch 30sec car insurance ads??

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

No ads are corporate tactics to sell. At the end of the day it’s to push a product in your face. And even if the algorithm knows what I like, I don’t need to see it 50 times a day. Especially on social media accounts. It’s so excessive these days. Like even back in the day with commercials on tv, at least you could walk away. Some YouTube videos will make you sit and watch 30sec car insurance ads??

Yeah, that's the thing, who even buys those things that are pushed to your face? Like, they are always wrong about the products with me :skull:

Is it Karens and elders buying? Lol

I make it a point to NOT buy anything in ads. Whether it be from the ads I’m tormented with every time I click a ******* thread on this stupid ass “non-503” 503 having site, or YouTube, or whatever. 

As the great poet laureate Ariana Granda once said, “I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it”. :foxaylove2:

I work in marketing and honestly It's not my fault that people refuse to use Adblock or click on the stupid ads that I create everyday. ?

Ads are so weird to me. How can interupting the video someone was watching and is actually interested in make them love your product? Whats the point of ads when everyone is just waiting on those 5 seconds until they can skip it.

wait, I just opened this thread and there's this huge blank space on the right side of the website :bibliahh:

Is that where all the girlies without adblock are seeing ads? :rip:

I don't think the purpose of ads especially the ones like we're seeing on this website right now, or the ones in front of YT videos for example, are particularly meant to make the consumer say "oh wow, I'd really like this product". It's more of a subconscious thing where these products are being planted in the back of our mind. For example when most people see Panera Bread ad's right in front of a YT video they're probably not going to stop what they're doing and order Panera Bread. BUT, the next time they're out shopping and they're hungry and they see a Panera Bread, subconsciously that ad they saw on YT a couple days ago is going to trigger something and make them think "hmm, that sounds good".

Yes I get friggen pop up ads all the time on my phone 

MadonnasBoyfriend

Im continued to be shocked on a daily basis that people dont use adblockers. Like in 2022....i been blocking ads since 09 lol

Am i the only one who haven't seen even one add? :rip:

I’ve seen ads for some video games that have caught my interest before and then gone on to buy them, but that’s about it. If I want something I actually seek it out not because of ads.

Edited by Adam’s Eve

Ads never work on me. Plus it's trashy ads of clothes for old people on ATRL so I'm good :ahh:

13 hours ago, Pandora30012 said:

Ads are so weird to me. How can interupting the video someone was watching and is actually interested in make them love your product? Whats the point of ads when everyone is just waiting on those 5 seconds until they can skip it.

I think it's cuz these ad companies don't target 100% of the viewers, they only plan to woo a portion of it (maybe ~10%  of the viewers), so they don't care if the 90% think the ads are annoying or has nothing to do with them

-

No, they only load properly like 3/10 of the time for me.

No ads never work for me and I immediately hate the company who’s ad I see. It’s even worse when it’s a google ad that’s location based and I get ads for something super local. 

ad companies really need to come up with something new tbh ads are so in our face we’re becoming desensitized 

13 hours ago, Pandora30012 said:

Even if you don't click on the ad it makes you aware that the product exists. If you see it elsewhere when you are genuinely shopping around you're more likely to buy it out of familiarity, even if it's subconscious.

Generally no but I also have Adblock on my computer so that cancels out a large majority of ads directed at. I had to buy Hulu premium when I started getting PrEP ads :priceless:

There are a few IG ads that I’ve ended up buying - mostly clothes and other random items. IGs targeting is like no other (sometimes invasive) so I don’t mind. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.