Going to Barcelona and Madrid with my bf!!! HELP!

Spartan528

Its always been a dream of mine guys!! I’m going cause i want  to move there for a few years but need to decide between the two cities! Have any of you guys been?! What should I expect?!! any recommendations? Tips or advice?  I’m so freaking excited guys!!  Gonna be there for 10 days, flying to Barcelona first then Madrid :celestial:

Edited by Spartan528

11 minutes ago, Sesame said:

I leave for Barcelona on the 31st whew  

:gaycat2:

nice! have u been before? where are you staying? I’ll get there on the 23rd

Edited by Spartan528

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world, I'm going back in a couple of weeks.

What you can expect: Lots of pretty places, awesome food, lots of things to do and hot men.

10 minutes ago, Spartan528 said:

where are you staying sis? I’ll get there on the 23rd

We’re staying around the la sagrada familia area for the first few days, going to the south of france for a few days, and then coming back to Barcelona for weekend two of the festival

:jonny6:

I lived in Madrid for 7 months - it is an amazing city

is everyone going for primavera? im going too lol

53 minutes ago, stophittingmedad said:

What is this?

2 hours ago, Sesame said:

We’re staying around the la sagrada familia area for the first few days, going to the south of france for a few days, and then coming back to Barcelona for weekend two of the festival

Cool, I think im staying here or close by

Edited by Spartan528

I live in Barcelona.

The city is absolutely beautiful and there’s a ton of things to do/visit.

I suggest you download the app Moovit to go around the city because it’s super precise and it’ll make everything easier for you I think. 

Be careful with your belongings because the city is full of careless tourists and pickpockets take advantage of that. 

If you plan on going to the beach just take the bus/train and go to Gavà Mar/Castelldefels/Sitges it’s way nicer.

Avoid restaurants for tourists (the ones with people handing you the menu outside). 

Go to parks and gardens we have a lot of beautiful ones. We have a lot of cool museums too (avoid the aquarium it’s ****).

If you wanna buy food find a Mercadona near you it’s one of the cheaper supermarkets and they have good stuff.

If you want recommendations on specific things just ask me. :wave2:

Barcelona is one of my fav cities in the world, you’ll love it and they have a gay neighborhood with some cute hotels. 

2 hours ago, Sesame said:

58 minutes ago, stophittingmedad said:

Omg me too weekend 2 :celestial4:

12 minutes ago, Steve Jobs said:

Omg me too weekend 2 :celestial4:

:wanda:

Dua’s primavera congregating the f words of ATRL to one place 

I live in Barcelona. Hmu for some tips. @Skirtalready said the essencial I think.

Welcome to one of the best cities in the world and I hope you and your boyfriend are open cause imagine coming to Barcelona and not having a piece of some of the best specimens on earth :party:.

—-

I’m also going to Primavera Sound weekend 2 :duca:

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

mlaredoperez
3 hours ago, Spartan528 said:

Its always been a dream of mine guys!! I’m going cause i want  to move there for a few years but need to decide between the two cities! Have any of you guys been?! What should I expect?!! any recommendations? Tips or advice?  I’m so freaking excited guys!!  Gonna be there for 10 days, flying to Barcelona first then Madrid :celestial:

Okay, so, 

They are both very good cities, beautiful and interesting.

however, i would say Madrid is more open , welcoming , cleaner and overall better to live in. Barcelona is better for a holiday.

As a Madrileño inwould say these places are a must if you’re gonna visit:

-La Latina (Plaza de la paja, Jardines principe de Anglona , Plaza de San Andres, Plaza de los carros)

-Basilica de San Francisco El grande

-Jardines del campo del moro

-Parque del retiro (Palacio de cristal, Rosaleda)

-Plaza Mayor, calle Toledo, Calle Segovia, Cava Alta , Cava Baja , Carrera de San Francisco

-Chueca (gay neighborhood)

-Malasaña y Barrio de justifia (Vintage clothing and cute bars)

-Museo del Prado , Reina Sofia & Thyssen Bornemisza 

-Paseo del Prado

-Real Jardin Botánico

-Real monasterio de las descalzas reales

-Madrid Río

-Real monasterio del Escorial & Palacio real de Aranjuez

-Palacio real de Madrid , Calle Bailén y Jardines de Sabatini

-Barrio de las letras 

mlaredoperez
3 hours ago, Spartan528 said:

If you want any specific tips for Madrid , hit me up!

You  guys are so nice, thank you so much for the info! I’m definitely downloading that app moovit @Skirt Im mostly concerned about Barcelona because I dont know anyone there, I have a friend in Madrid so we’re just probably gonna hang out with him there. Where should I stay in Barcelona thats nice but not so expensive? 

1 minute ago, Spartan528 said:

You  guys are so nice, thank you so much for the info! I’m definitely downloading that app moovit @Skirt Im mostly concerned about Barcelona because I dont know anyone there, I have a friend in Madrid so we’re just probably gonna hang out with him there. Where should I stay in Barcelona thats nice but not so expensive? 

Barcelona is quite expensive but you can find cheaper hotels around Marina, Clot, Llacuna, Urgell, Rocafort, Poble Sec and Sagrada Familia (all close to the city center). If you don’t mind big crowds and noise I guess you always have la Rambla/el Born (be careful at night if you go there).

4 hours ago, Spartan528 said:

Depending on what you are looking for

I’ll visit Barcelona for the first time tomorrow and have lived in Madrid for the past 6 months. Overall, I love Madrid as a city and its people are really welcoming to foreigners, mostly because you’ll find people from all over the country/world and very few of them are actually born and bred in Madrid. I really recommend it since the living is not that expensive, there’s always something cultural or social to do and the weather is more diverse since summer is hot and sunny, but winter does get a bit chilly and cozy (I’m a sucker for winter). I have very high hopes from Barcelona since everyone says it’s an architectural dream and perfect for a vacation. However, most people have told me that the difference in openness is very palpable and those who live in Barcelona have a harder time feeling part of it than in other cities. It’s also way more regionalist and a lot of people speak only Catalan, even in restaurants and stuff. This is based on the opinions of friends, but I’ll be there for the next 10 days and can tell you a bit more about what I witness firsthand. You can DM me if you have more specific questions, just don’t stress about it since either choice would a great experience for you.

Edited by sexyback007

Madrid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barcelona

:celestial5:

I want to visit Barcelona (Spain & Portugal Trip) too before Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is released  :WAP:

Barcelona is the best city in the world honestly. It has everything. Have fun!

I'm headed to Barcelona in September for a week. 

Can anyone recommend good restaurants?

Also, I'm thinking of staying in either Eixample or the Gothic Quarter and am looking for a good mix of museums, sunbathing on the beach and (gay) partying. Any recommendations of what the better neighborhood would be? I'm guessing they are both pretty safe?

7 hours ago, sexyback007 said:

I’ll visit Barcelona for the first time tomorrow and have lived in Madrid for the past 6 months. Overall, I love Madrid as a city and its people are really welcoming to foreigners, mostly because you’ll find people from all over the country/world and very few of them are actually born and bred in Madrid. I really recommend it since the living is not that expensive, there’s always something cultural or social to do and the weather is more diverse since summer is hot and sunny, but winter does get a bit chilly and cozy (I’m a sucker for winter). I have very high hopes from Barcelona since everyone says it’s an architectural dream and perfect for a vacation. However, most people have told me that the difference in openness is very palpable and those who live in Barcelona have a harder time feeling part of it than in other cities. It’s also way more regionalist and a lot of people speak only Catalan, even in restaurants and stuff. This is based on the opinions of friends, but I’ll be there for the next 10 days and can tell you a bit more about what I witness firsthand. You can DM me if you have more specific questions, just don’t stress about it since either choice would a great experience for you.

Awesome! Hope it goes great for you. Ive heard some of the same things but for some reason I feel Barcelona is a better fit for me. We’ll see ?

How much were the flights and all that stuff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.