Janelle Monáe set to star as Josephine Baker

Lil' Oz

Omg she’s gonna do amazing! 

Yesss :jonny5:

Incredible casting. :clap3: Strong chance for an Oscar nomination. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

The woman on the right looks like a cross between Lady gaga and Liza minelli. Janelle has made 2 films I loved them in so I shall watch this too

1 minute ago, Hector said:

it's a series tho....

Queen is gonna kill it :jonny:

This will be interesting. As a fan, she’s done well in supporting roles but she hasn’t been as impressive in her leading roles thus far. This will be a good opportunity for her to prove herself as a star.

it's about time! Janelle has always exuded that brilliant Josephine energy imo :clap3:

now announce new music legend :eli:

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

PERFECT casting :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Devin said:

They got the right actress to play her too. :jonny5:

52 minutes ago, Daddy said:

The ONLY choice :clap3:

46 minutes ago, Hector said:

Are y’all blind? :rip: 

I love Janelle but she looks NOTHING like Josephine Baker. This is terrible casting. 

Janelle is brown skinned while Josephine was light skinned which is a huge difference especially back in those days as it was one of the reasons she was so liked and accepted by white European audiences.

Ruth Negga is apparently playing her in a movie and a much better choice. 

ruth-negga-josephine-baker-split-700x380.jpg

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

I love Janelle but she looks NOTHING like Josephine Baker. This is terrible casting. 

Janelle is brown skinned while Josephine was light skinned which is a huge difference especially back in those days as it was one of the reasons she was so liked and accepted by white European audiences.

Came to mention Ruth, the day I discovered her I immediately said “Hello Josephine!”

She can easily transform into her with makeup and hair.

20SKIN5-jumbo.jpg

+ she’s a better actress.

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

i literally ran in here to say it should be ruth... not because of skin tone or w/e, she just looks a lot like young JB..

Does monae also wanna star as a tree next? they should remain in their lane  :gaycat6:

12 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Came to mention Ruth, the day I discovered her I immediately said “Hello Josephine!”

She can easily transform into her with makeup and hair.

20SKIN5-jumbo.jpg

+ she’s a better actress.

Just now, oilheiress said:

i literally ran in here to say it should be ruth... not because of skin tone or w/e, she just looks a lot like young JB..

Does monae also wanna star as a tree next? they should remain in their lane  :gaycat6:

Yes it’s definitely not just skin tone, facially Ruth is the perfect choice for Josephine Baker and I agree she is the better actress too. 

2 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The woman on the right looks like a cross between Lady gaga and Liza minelli. Janelle has made 2 films I loved them in so I shall watch this too

:toofunny2:

THE industry plant of the 2010's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.