Kim Cattrall talks SATC reboot; throws lite shade

Orsay

Sarah Jessica has said that if you decided to play Samantha again, she wouldn’t be OK with that. Did that hurt your feelings?

I don’t think I read it.

:rip: 

MadonnasBoyfriend

She watched. She watched. She knows the plot of the show ? 

I've never watched the reboot but my friends told me about Miranda's arc and it sounds like a mess :rip:

5 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

She watched. She watched. She knows the plot of the show ? 

no she didn't. she's talking about the piss poor ideas that were pitched to her for the 3rd movie that were apparently recycled for AJLT :rip:

Have you watched “And Just Like That …”?

I certainly heard about it. And I’ve come to the conclusion that really the greatest compliment I could have as an actor is to be missed.

You haven’t seen any of it?

No.

Can I talk a little about it?

Sure.

One of the storylines that they introduced had Carrie and Samantha fighting, because Samantha got mad that Carrie stopped paying her to be Carrie’s publicist.

Oh yes. I heard this. Well, that feels different than the Samantha that I played.

In the original “Sex and the City,” Samantha had volunteered to do Carrie’s publicity for free. Some fans noticed that didn’t track.

Yeah, it’s so strange. A world that I know so much about that now I don’t.

well, the show was okay, I will probably watch second season too.

it wasn't really SATC for me tho so I really didn't miss Samantha

the first movie was bad

the second one was boring and terrible 

the reboot was a travesty 

glad she wasn't part of that mess

In all honesty, Samantha was the only reason SATC was somewhat enjoyable to watch. No Kim, No reason to watch anything related to it.

Just now, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

So she knows the plot of AJLT but DIDN'T watch? Sure Jan. 

:rip: ok girl.

Anyway, Queen Kim has such a wise way of approaching her legacy in her 60s. Others should take notes :clap3:

23 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

well, the show was okay, I will probably watch second season too.

it wasn't really SATC for me tho so I really didn't miss Samantha

Same. I didn't treat it like SATC and enjoyed it quite a bit.

She’s right. AJLT, while perfectly acceptable from a quality standpoint, is a total character annihilation. The “woke” (and while I detest people complaining about woke media, this absolutely exemplifies the worst qualities of it) storylines are trash and jammed into a show about 3 characters that were otherwise flawed, complex, and actually interesting. Now they are simply vessels for embarrassment and misery.

“that’s how creative it was” :skull:

I actually enjoyed AJLT but I really hope after the reviews they get Miranda's character back on track because that story arc was a mess :rip:

48 minutes ago, Domination said:

She’s right. AJLT, while perfectly acceptable from a quality standpoint, is a total character annihilation. The “woke” (and while I detest people complaining about woke media, this absolutely exemplifies the worst qualities of it) storylines are trash and jammed into a show about 3 characters that were otherwise flawed, complex, and actually interesting. Now they are simply vessels for embarrassment and misery.

Agreed mostly. I did find the show perfectly enjoyable for what it was, but comparing it to to the tone of the original show it was very cringe. It's good to make bring it into 2022 and rewrite some of the wrongs from the show but literally every episode was SO woke, it was overkill. 

It just did a disservice to the characters and made them seem out of touch and weird. Samantha would never have fit in, tbh the world more anti-sex now than in the 90s/early 00s 

2 hours ago, Orsay said:

:rip: 

:ahh:

ot: she's right, the second movie was more than enough, this was redundant.

The second movie was waaaay worse than AJLT and she said yes to that so... :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.