Dolly Parton, Eminem, Lionel Richie & more inducted into R&R Hall of Fame

hausofdave

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2022. Eminem is being inducted in his first year of eligibility, and he’s joined in the 2022 class by an artist who initially declined to accept the honor, Dolly Parton. The class is rounded out by Duran Duran, Lionel Richie, Carly Simon, Eurythmics, and Pat Benatar.

In addition to the performer category, Judas Priest and the duo of Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis will receive the Musical Excellence Award. Harry Belafonte and Elizabeth Cotten will both receive the Early Influence Award. This year’s Ahmet Ertegun Award winners include Sugarhill Records founder Sylvia Robinson, Interscope and Beats founder Jimmy Iovine, and lawyer to the stars Allen Grubman.

he Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2022 induction ceremony will take place on November 5 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. It will simulcast on SiriusXM’s Volume channel and air at a later date on HBO and HBO Max.

FR6h0tuX0AEEYme?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by hausofdave

Wow go Dolly! Happy for Eminem and Lionel too

Some of these men getting in immediately while Whitney had to die to be recognized

Eminem and Dolly :clap3:

3 absolute legends.:jonny5:

Dolly Parton getting inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame even after declining her invitation….

Imagine being THAT legendary. 

:jonny3:

Dolly, Duran Duran and Pat Benatar. R&R HOF serving taste this year  :clap3:

I’m just happy to see more than one woman! :clap3:

Mostly safe choices. This is getting closer and closer to Adult Contemporary Hall of Fame.

No Rage Against the Machine, no Kate Bush, no Devo.

Could be worse, so congats to the winners. 

Congrats to Eminem and he made it on his first year of eligibility! :clap3::katie2:

OMG my favorite rapper of all-time is finally gonna get his flower on that stage and I can't wait :jonny5:

Congrats to the rest of the legends in this class as well! :clap3:

eminem, dolly, and lionel :clap3: 

Dolly :clap3::clap3:

YESSS I'm glad Dolly accepted the induction

She's so humble, she didn't accept it at first because she thought she didn't deserve it because she never made a Rock & Roll album  :dies: 

Elated for Dolly, Duran Duran,  Eurythmics, Carly, and Pat. :clap3:

I’m very happy for Dolly, Pat Benatar and Eurythmics. :clap3:

I’m a bit sad that Kate Bush was overlooked again tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.