Spotify: Gaga's "Hold My Hand" 1.045M streams [Day 54]

Ratviolo

1 hour ago, gatito said:

yet here we are she went from #1 debuts to bubbling under :soda:

a remix should not be out of the question

But... not every single is going to be an instant #1 smash. You're literally deluded. Plus, Hold My Hand isn't exactly anything that would take the charts by storm, at least not instantly. RoM was dance-pop. If you turn on the radio, you're not going to hear cinematic, soaring ballads with loud vocals (like Hold My Hand). It's mumble rap and songs about teenage angst with whispery vocals. What's more, Shallow didn't debut at #1. It peaked 6 months after its release. Songs from soundtracks typically grow and grow over time as people fall in love with the film (or not)... and Top Gun: Maverick hasn't even been released yet. 

Edited by lg6chromatica

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ratviolo

• fauxtography

• Ethereaaal

• spree

2 hours ago, lg6chromatica said:

But... not every single is going to be an instant #1 smash. You're literally deluded. Plus, Hold My Hand isn't exactly anything that would take the charts by storm, at least not instantly. RoM was dance-pop. If you turn on the radio, you're not going to hear cinematic, soaring ballads with loud vocals (like Hold My Hand). It's mumble rap and songs about teenage angst with whispery vocals. What's more, Shallow didn't debut at #1. It peaked 6 months after its release. Songs from soundtracks typically grow and grow over time as people fall in love with the film (or not)... and Top Gun: Maverick hasn't even been released yet. 

You’re talking to an OGH, reasoning isn’t cutting it. :skull: 

—-

Am sure the streams will pick up once the film debuts. :heart2: 

On 5/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, Anna-Artdeco said:

She has zero hype as a solo artist lol. Gaga fans should really stop coming for any other artist atp. Gaga’s music has no legs of its own without some drama or weird antics or a feature. 

say it louder :laugh:

After ASIB's success and liddos shouting that Gaga had a re-peak, you'd expect her to gather some hype based on her name alone.

Why would they release a soundtrack song before the movie if they didn't want it to make some noise on its own? 

Just say, she can't carry it on her own and go.

2 hours ago, Robyn. said:

After ASIB's success and liddos shouting that Gaga had a re-peak, you'd expect her to gather some hype based on her name alone.

Why would they release a soundtrack song before the movie if they didn't want it to make some noise on its own? 

Just say, she can't carry it on her own and go.

Who are YOU  to say it made no noise? :rip: It made more noise than the other girls' soundtrack singles, besides maybe Billie's, and garnered more first day streams than Taylor's Cats song and Beyoncé's recent couple of soundtrack singles. And Doja Cat's soundtrack song Vegas debuted a few days ago with less first day streams than Hold My Hand despite her being one of the hottest, most relevant names in music today. 

Also, this type of song is fueled by hype from its accompanying movie, and it's not just some sort of generic pop/rap song designed to take off immediately. People are supposed to form an emotional attachment to the movie and then go and stream the song because it resonated with them. And guess what? The movie isn't even out yet. Are you able to understand that? :smiley:

11 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

Day 7: #184 WW (806,414 streams)

Also smashing on radio.

We keep winning and the movie is not even out yet :clap3:

3 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Why is there two threads for this song? 

One for each fanbase, no?! :whistle:

21 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

That user said Gaga had current hits but when I went to check the chart run of her last 5 singles, I was shocked to see none of them charted. You don't get to claim which song wasn't/was a single just because it bombed.

Not sure what Beyoncé has to do with my post, but good job highlighting your insecurity :clap3: Feel free to make your own thread about Bey but this isn't the thread to do it. And for future reference, if you have a nervous breakdown every time someone critiques your fav's recent underwhelming output, maybe it's best you stay in the Gaga base to avoid further embarrassment. 

Those are not singles. 

53 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

Who are YOU  to say it made no noise? :rip: It made more noise than the other girls' soundtrack singles, besides maybe Billie's, and garnered more first day streams than Taylor's Cats song and Beyoncé's recent couple of soundtrack singles. And Doja Cat's soundtrack song Vegas debuted a few days ago with less first day streams than Hold My Hand despite her being one of the hottest, most relevant names in music today. 

Also, this type of song is fueled by hype from its accompanying movie, and it's not just some sort of generic pop/rap song designed to take off immediately. People are supposed to form an emotional attachment to the movie and then go and stream the song because it resonated with them. And guess what? The movie isn't even out yet. Are you able to understand that? :smiley:

Did any of these girls have a successful soundtrack in recent memory that had their fans boasting about for years? :laugh:

Taylor and Beyoncé have already been dragged by monsters for not being able to carry a soundtrack single, no surprise? The more you get cocky, the higher the standards you set for your fave are. :wave:

44 minutes ago, Diocles said:

Also smashing on radio.

We keep winning and the movie is not even out yet :clap3:

Slow and steady wins the race :clap3:

23 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

That other thread was a troll thread in Base about 1st day Youtube numbers for the audio of the song. I made the Spotify thread as soon as the numbers were out (just like I did in the past for other artists) and that other user conveniently switched their thread to "steal" it. Mods let them run with it despite multiple reports on the blatant trolling and even moved that thread to the Charts :cm:

43 minutes ago, Katniss said:

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

Unfiltered streams:

Day 7: 851,882 streams

9 hours ago, Katniss said:

Omg :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, Katniss said:

:toofunny3:

11 hours ago, Katniss said:
11 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

:ace:

11 hours ago, Katniss said:

:hoetenks:

This got a ton of adds on radio today I'm sure that'll help.

19 hours ago, Katniss said:

PEOcw6f.png

OT: Stable. It's unfortunately not the case for some people's mental well-being here. Love yourselves.

PEOcw6f.png

2 hours ago, Pop said:

Is today's update any better?

B0-E9190-F-B0-C5-4-E62-940-B-3-A8-ABE445

Out of the Top 200 on Global Spotify, we'll have to wait for the unfiltered numbers.

Just for context, it doesn't make much of a difference considering positions #180-#200 are all in the span of 30k streams :cm:

Edited by Ratviolo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.