Any experience with dating a narcissist?

Cesar

I would never even befriend a narc let lone date them. Their anti-social and manipulative habits can be spotted from the get go :michael:

I haven’t dated one but I used to have a friend I believe as a full blown narcissist. I think narcissism is becoming increasingly common nowadays due to social media 

Not dated… but my ex best mate was (in my opinion) a textbook narc.

That friendship basically ruined a year of my life.

It starts with love bombing until you're very attached, then they stop giving you the attention they gave you, once you do the same, they panic and go back to the first step, never apoligizing nor adressing it. It's one thing to be selfish/spoiled tho, an actual narcissitic disorder would need to be verified by a psycologist, but honestly, one doesn't need to have any kind of mental illness to be a shitty partner, if YOU are seeing things that YOU cannot tolerate and consider red flags, I advice to speak about it and leave if they don't want to find solutions.

uhh yeah leave. if you suspect you're dealing with one and are getting the runt of their abuse, know it will never get better. it might seem like it is temporarily if they think there's still more to gain out of you but that effort is not going to last. narcs will drain all life and hope you have in relationships.

speaking from experience, i'm almost one year no contact and i still think about this person every single day and beat myself up for both being stupid and thinking i could have done more to win them over. just don't bother :toofunny3:

Dated and lived with one for 7 years. 

Get out, leave and do not stay in touch for your own sanity, safety and mental health.

Do not attempt to fix them, do not attempt to sympathise or understand. Do not collect $200. Do not pass GO. 

yes my ex! 1 year of friggen hell! he made me and everyone else they are the problem when his having a bad day! he was VERY toxic and im still triggering from the results 

Late 2019 until November 2021 I was in a relationship with one.

• Manipulation started very early but I was unaware of it. I thought his tactic of flipping the narrative and blaming me was accurate. Constantly doing that was basically brainwashing me to believe I was the problem and accepting it.
  • Explosive outbursts over minor inconveniences. His reaction was always my fault because I was the "cause" of the minor inconvenience
  • He would tell lies here and there and tell me I did something when I knew I didn't, but would keep insisting until I gave in and maybe believed I did do it. Minor things that you may have not realized or forgotten.
  • He eventually isolated me from my friends. It was him 24/7 (We lived together) 
  • His explosive outbursts became more and more frequent and more and more violent.
  • Berated over every little mistake
  • Physical violence starting in March 2021 during the more violent explosive outbursts.

The list could go on and on and on and on and on. That's maybe 1/1,000,000th of what I went through DAILY for 2 years. But they condition you to literally be "ADDICTED" to them so leaving is not as easy. I had friends come to me prior to meeting him with problems in their relationships and I was like "JUST LEAVE" well let's just say as of being a victim of it. It is NOT easy to "JUST LEAVE" 

So please, for your sake, JUST LEAVE or Don't even engage with them. It's nothing but mental and physical torture and it will never get better. Only worse

My ex was a narcissist, it didn’t end well. The personality annoyed me, but ended things was when I found out he was posting his nudes on Reddit and chatting with other guys on there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.