Jeffree “Star” (MySpace) releases racist photo shoot

BussC,XOXO

Just now, BGXKB said:

OK? Well put the first guy on the left in a highly racy sexualized ad for “banana fetish” and the implications are obviously obvious. 

1 minute ago, BGXKB said:

OK? Well put the first guy on the left in a highly racy sexualized ad for “banana fetish” and the implications are obviously obvious. 

:rip: Wishing you a pleasant day.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BussC,XOXO

• BGXKB

• Mast

• Breathin

I mean it’s clumsy as hell. I they are distinctly darker than Jeffrey, and even if they aren’t black or could be white / latin guys like it’s still very exotic. 

I guess if you try real hard to see/find racism wherever you can. :toofunny2:

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

I don’t see how insinuating black men have big “bananas” is racist :deadbanana4: 

You could say it’s a stupid or ignorant photoshoot that leads to stereotyping but racist? We need to stop overusing that word.

Historically white people used to say black men have big bananas to say that’s their proof that they are closer to animals than human thereby justifying slavery. It’s a antiquated racist idea with no basis in science that has just been passed down through the ages

1 hour ago, Breathin said:

They're not even black.  :rip:

The theatrics y'all pull out every time he does something remotely polarizing is cumbersome

He has much bigger skeletons in his closet we can be discussing, not this photoshoot. 

Congrats, you gave him the attention he wanted. More sales, woohoo.

This. Literally gave him attention for his new collection launch. 

His products are usually good tho ngl

y'all are so ******* delusional if u cant see that him eating bananas kneeling in front of darkly tanned/darker skinned men with baby hairs on his head isn't loaded and racist :deadbanana4: edit: and considering his past too ???

ot can we stop giving his manufactured controversies attention :coffee2:

Edited by Seiko Oomori

3 hours ago, fauxtography said:

MTE! Literally disturbing and that user is going to go unchecked for that...:mazen:

You would defend a racist like this.

OT: No surprises here. Idk if people are wilfully ignorant of how problematic this is or are genuinely that dense.

he is clearly doing this for controversy and attention because he hasnt been getting it for ages now. He is a literal flop compared to what he used to be and he deserves it

Not even a fan, but it's funny seeing him making the wokes seethe.

2 hours ago, XO_Life said:

I am not saying it's okay. Its definitely insensitive.

I just rather would like to see people care this much about climate change, job disadvantages for black people, hate crimes against black people, the war in the Ukraine, LGBTQ+ issues, etc.

Those are things I am angry about. 

Jeffree pretending to suck a banana is cringe. 

This kinda is an LGBTQ+ issue…if you’ve never been fetishized then you don’t know how de-humanizing that can feel. 

he’s TRASH :mazen:

18 minutes ago, Nano said:

Not even a fan, but it's funny seeing him making the wokes seethe.

4 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

ur TRASH :mazen:

yeah he is trash but this is such a reach... 

Nothing in the pic except Jeffree's face is real, it's 3D art. How do y'all see black man and bananas and connect those as “monkeys” ? That's literally more ridiculous. Racism shouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind when you see this pic, it's just ugly looking at most. The collection is yellow and it's called Banana Fetish like what did you expect there to be ? Strawberries ? Also I don't even like or follow him, just my thoughts. If I saw this on my IG feed “wtf so racist” wouldn't be the first thing I think. Overusing of the word “racist” makes it lose it's meaning for real racism out there.

2 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Nothing in the pic except Jeffree's face is real, it's 3D art. How do y'all see black man and bananas and connect those as “monkeys” ? That's literally more ridiculous. Racism shouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind when you see this pic, it's just ugly looking at most. The collection is yellow and it's called Banana Fetish like what did you expect there to be ? Strawberries ? Also I don't even like or follow him, just my thoughts. If I saw this on my IG feed “wtf so racist” wouldn't be the first thing I think. Overusing of the word “racist” makes it lose it's meaning for real racism out there.

This.

Like I actually think it's racist to see this and relate it to black people. I have never in my life linked black people , Bananas , and Monkeys together and y'all are weird as **** for doing so. 

Jeffery is still trash tho 

Edited by makeme

1 minute ago, makeme said:

This.

Like I actually think it's racist to see this and relate it to black people. I have never in my life linked black people , Bananas , and Monkeys together and y'all are weird as **** for doing so. 

Jeffery is still trash tho 

Yeah, same and so true.

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

okay so if they’re aren’t black men, why are their skins darkened to appear as such :deadbanana2: He couldn’t have used white models with their actual skin tones? he had no problems doing that before but now that all of a sudden you do a “banana fetish” photoshoot you finally want to use darker skinned models? ESPECIALLY when you had no problem calling a black woman a gorilla in the past? nope! too much of a coincidence for me :angelo:

Right. Very very suspect. 

This is obviously intentional. He needs controversy now because he has been flopping

It is extremely tone deaf considering his past

:deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

okay so if they’re aren’t black men, why are their skins darkened to appear as such :deadbanana2: He couldn’t have used white models with their actual skin tones? he had no problems doing that before but now that all of a sudden you do a “banana fetish” photoshoot you finally want to use darker skinned models? ESPECIALLY when you had no problem calling a black woman a gorilla in the past? nope! too much of a coincidence for me :angelo:

Right. Very very suspect. 

1 hour ago, Seiko Oomori said:

y'all are so ******* delusional if u cant see that him eating bananas kneeling in front of darkly tanned/darker skinned men with baby hairs on his head isn't loaded and racist :deadbanana4: edit: and considering his past too ???

ot can we stop giving his manufactured controversies attention :coffee2:

Educate them :clap3:Plus the men have "fetish" written on their bodies. He's making a very clear, racist reference to the fetishisation of dark skinned men for having "large bananas".

I'm quite shocked by how dense people are on this site. Why are presumably white/non-black ATRL users deciding what is and isn't racist? If a POC is calling out something as racist, listen to them. Don't gaslight them and tell them they're delusional. It must be because you're all used to making similar tone deaf fetish comments on the regular and don't want to admit it's racist. 

Taylucifer

they’re not even black…

Are some of y'all blatantly trolling with pretending to not see how it's racist?

It's like genuinely playing on some deep ass, historically racist tropes that it feels fake. :deadbanana4:

He and his team knew what they were doing and they succeeded. Congrats on giving him the attention he’s craving.

Edited by Hurem

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.