• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BussC,XOXO

• BGXKB

• Mast

• Breathin

The overreactions :deadbanana4: people are looking for tiniest reasons to get mad :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Mast said:

Are we completely the "banana fetish" in the background????

And the trope that Black men have large penises itself actually is very racist and we can trace the idea directly back to the first european expeditions to Africa and eventually the slave trade. One of the reasonings that were used to justify slavery was that black people were beast-like or animal-like, which made them inferior to (white) human-people. One of the characteristics used to exemplify this was the size of black men's members. Later, at slave auctions, ***** size was also used as a descriptor of the potential vitality of the person being purchased, meaning: how fit they were to work and how many future slaves he would be able to create if "mated" with other slaves. Black men (and black women also) were said to be promiscuous and violent in their approach. White women were often warned that if they spent too much time with a black man, she could find herself being raped. This is also why it was so easy to convict and lynch innocent black men from the times of slavery all the way to the 1980s: the general public agreed that white people were civilized while black people were not. Black men had large penises that could "hypnotize" or entice wives of slaveowners/white men and force them to cheat on their spouses; or, black men were so animal-like that their urge to mate made them prone to raping white women specifically. In more recent history, the trope that Black men have large dicks/are better in bed was extremely popular in television in the 90s, and that was often the sole role of several black characters. 

Even before the slave trade, early colonizers noted in their journals the different African societies that were used to living semi-nude. This was extremely different from European societies where nudity was considered lewd and sinful. So, early colonizers interpreted this as the insatiable thirst for sex and multiple sexual partners of African societies.

Am I saying that this is what non-black people people have in mind when they are saying "I love BBC"? No, but this is literally where their fetish historically comes from ?

Me learning about the history of fetishization of black men on ATRL dot net? Maybe this website isn't garbage after all :clap3:

21 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

I am not saying it's okay. Its definitely insensitive.

I just rather would like to see people care this much about climate change, job disadvantages for black people, hate crimes against black people, the war in the Ukraine, LGBTQ+ issues, etc.

Those are things I am angry about. 

Jeffree pretending to suck a banana is cringe. 

so are you going to make those threads or have in the past?  are you going to talk about these things later down the line instead of using them to try and shut someone up because you find something to be a non issue?  you can be angry about those things and still be upset about this because racism goes hand in hand with some of those things that you speak of.

like good for you girlie but leave the virtue signaling at the door. no one cares what you rather talk about when you’re not talking about them yourself. but slay those posts calling Lizzo unhealthy and participating in atrl games and song contests 

Edited by Bussea

1 hour ago, Mast said:

Are we completely the "banana fetish" in the background????

And the trope that Black men have large penises itself actually is very racist and we can trace the idea directly back to the first european expeditions to Africa and eventually the slave trade. One of the reasonings that were used to justify slavery was that black people were beast-like or animal-like, which made them inferior to (white) human-people. One of the characteristics used to exemplify this was the size of black men's members. Later, at slave auctions, ***** size was also used as a descriptor of the potential vitality of the person being purchased, meaning: how fit they were to work and how many future slaves he would be able to create if "mated" with other slaves. Black men (and black women also) were said to be promiscuous and violent in their approach. White women were often warned that if they spent too much time with a black man, she could find herself being raped. This is also why it was so easy to convict and lynch innocent black men from the times of slavery all the way to the 1980s: the general public agreed that white people were civilized while black people were not. Black men had large penises that could "hypnotize" or entice wives of slaveowners/white men and force them to cheat on their spouses; or, black men were so animal-like that their urge to mate made them prone to raping white women specifically. In more recent history, the trope that Black men have large dicks/are better in bed was extremely popular in television in the 90s, and that was often the sole role of several black characters. 

Even before the slave trade, early colonizers noted in their journals the different African societies that were used to living semi-nude. This was extremely different from European societies where nudity was considered lewd and sinful. So, early colonizers interpreted this as the insatiable thirst for sex and multiple sexual partners of African societies.

Am I saying that this is what non-black people people have in mind when they are saying "I love BBC"? No, but this is literally where their fetish historically comes from ?

EdBbUCOXoAA7CMP.jpg

Give them a history lesson:clap3:

He knows what’s he done, horrible 

The history essays over white dudes with bananas im screaming :ahh:

51 minutes ago, Mast said:

They could still be black???  Similar stereotypes also exist for Latin men???

I'm a latin man and I can't identify any stereotype targeted to that specific group.

the essays in this thread over an irrelevant, poorly edited makeup ad :toofunny3:

jeffree just had to do something to get the clicks and attention on him for his makeup palette, which you're doing by posting his racist photo here babe

1 hour ago, Devin said:

White users here embarassing themselves again. 

Its not about what you interpret to be racist. If a Black/POC is telling you its racist or offensive just respect that.

!!!

It's very telling how many white users in this thread are dismissing the black ones.

And as if one can't condemn this racist PR stunt while simultaneously caring about other issues of racism. 

If you’re not black who are you to say that this is okay? Like we absolutely do not care what you think isn’t racist. :toofunny3:

unless y’all have an attention meter or sales chart that you’re looking at who cares if it’s giving him attention or sales  :toofunny2: that’s literally not the point here . it’s a 4 page thread on atrl not the 6’clock news. i doubt this is going to go far :rip: ignoring it certainly isn’t going to help either 

Edited by Bussea

Non-black people who have a lot to say about dismissing specifically anti-black racism are the plagues of the earth. It’s not enough to not be “white.” If you’re not black you don’t get to dismiss anti-black racism.

1 minute ago, BGXKB said:

If you’re not black who are you to say that this is okay? Like we absolutely do not care what you think isn’t racist. :toofunny3:

They're not even black men in the photo, what are you on about? How can you fetishize something that is not there? :rip: 

6 minutes ago, Breathin said:

They're not even black men in the photo, what are you on about? How can you fetishize something that is not there? :rip: 

If you’re not black or at least have half as much melanin as either CGI dudes in the pic appear to have then we still don’t care and we need to know why you’re so intent on dismissing something that wouldn’t affect you either way?

they look like white men with tans

how is he not over yet :rip: 

2 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

If you’re not black or at least have half as much melanin as either CGI dudes in the pic appear to have then we still don’t care and we need to know why you’re so intent on dismissing something that wouldn’t affect you either way?

Non black person defends post: "YOURE NOT BLACK YOU DONT KNOW ****"

Black person defends post: "STOP SPEAKING FOR THE REST OF US"

I see a trend here, denial.

These men were tanned to enhance their physique as most bodybuilders use bronzer and self tanner before photoshoots. Also bronze is a beautiful color to go along with something yellow as they have similar undertones.

Just like white/red goes with pink or dark brown goes with orange. 

Take this energy into some ACTUAL racial issues is what we "Non black" people are trying to tell you. 

Im not saying Jeffree isn't racist, but when you start reaching for the stars based on everything he does, you end up doing more damage than good.

Just now, Breathin said:

Non black person defends post: "YOURE NOT BLACK YOU DONT KNOW ****"

Black person defends post: "STOP SPEAKING FOR THE REST OF US"

I see a trend here.

This is about why you specifically have so much to say? You don’t get to listen to one black person who agrees with you and dismiss the ones who don’t. Your avi wouldn’t happen to be a selfie, would it? :celestial4:

4 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

This is about why you specifically have so much to say? You don’t get to listen to one black person who agrees with you and dismiss the ones who don’t. Your avi wouldn’t happen to be a selfie, would it? :celestial4:

It is, and im aware im not black. Having said that im not trying to dismiss everything you have to say.

My point is If the men in the photo were black, I would actually have backed up your claim that Jeffree did this with malicious intentions, but to ME it's obvious they're white/tanned men that have been bronzed up.

I can see why y'all think Jeffree is up to his antics again based on his past, buuuut maybe a little more research before we start lighting up our torches? like pics of the models to confirm they're black as you guys firmly believe.

1 minute ago, Breathin said:

It is, and im aware im not black. Having said that im not trying to dismiss everything you have to say.

My point is If the men in the photo were black, I would actually have backed up your claim that Jeffree did this with malicious intentions, but to ME it's obvious they're white/tanned men that have been bronzed up.

They look… DARK. :skull:

They are definitely DARKER than a lot of actual black and brown people. Wearing dark heavy makeup to look a different race is often heavily criticized especially when women do it so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be when… Jeffree Starr does it? And why so many of you want to dismiss anyone who has a problem with this? 

:intoit:

4 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

They look… DARK. :skull:

They are definitely DARKER than a lot of actual black and brown people. Wearing dark heavy makeup to look a different race is often heavily criticized especially when women do it so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be when… Jeffree Starr does it? And why so many of you want to dismiss anyone who has a problem with this? 

:intoit:

I'm aware,  but as someone that comes from a bodybuilding background, i'm very familiar with WHITE men having these tones/sprays on for photoshoots or bodybuilding competition.

See:

Different-Types-of-Bodybuilding-Competit

Why did he tan white people? Because he wanted a bronze body behind the banana for aesthetic purposes as I've explained that bronze + yellow go well together.

Why not use an actual tanned/black person instead of making someone white "paint darker"? Because threads like these would be created.

I’m just looking at that dude’s right arm holding the banana. No sir.

4 minutes ago, Breathin said:

I'm aware,  but as someone that comes from a bodybuilding background, i'm very familiar with WHITE men having these tones/sprays on for photoshoots or bodybuilding competition.

See:

Different-Types-of-Bodybuilding-Competit

OK? Well put the first guy on the left in a highly racy sexualized ad for “banana fetish” and the implications are obviously obvious. 

Or the one on the right. :biblio:

Edited by BGXKB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.