Jeffree “Star” (MySpace) releases racist photo shoot

BussC,XOXO

44 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I don’t see how insinuating black men have big “bananas” is racist :deadbanana4: 

You could say it’s a stupid or ignorant photoshoot that leads to stereotyping but racist? We need to stop overusing that word.

Are we completely the "banana fetish" in the background????

And the trope that Black men have large penises itself actually is very racist and we can trace the idea directly back to the first european expeditions to Africa and eventually the slave trade. One of the reasonings that were used to justify slavery was that black people were beast-like or animal-like, which made them inferior to (white) human-people. One of the characteristics used to exemplify this was the size of black men's members. Later, at slave auctions, ***** size was also used as a descriptor of the potential vitality of the person being purchased, meaning: how fit they were to work and how many future slaves he would be able to create if "mated" with other slaves. Black men (and black women also) were said to be promiscuous and violent in their approach. White women were often warned that if they spent too much time with a black man, she could find herself being raped. This is also why it was so easy to convict and lynch innocent black men from the times of slavery all the way to the 1980s: the general public agreed that white people were civilized while black people were not. Black men had large penises that could "hypnotize" or entice wives of slaveowners/white men and force them to cheat on their spouses; or, black men were so animal-like that their urge to mate made them prone to raping white women specifically. In more recent history, the trope that Black men have large dicks/are better in bed was extremely popular in television in the 90s, and that was often the sole role of several black characters. 

Even before the slave trade, early colonizers noted in their journals the different African societies that were used to living semi-nude. This was extremely different from European societies where nudity was considered lewd and sinful. So, early colonizers interpreted this as the insatiable thirst for sex and multiple sexual partners of African societies.

Am I saying that this is what non-black people people have in mind when they are saying "I love BBC"? No, but this is literally where their fetish historically comes from ?

Edited by Mast

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BussC,XOXO

• BGXKB

• Mast

• Breathin

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

The monkey thing is such a reach and I literally hate Jeffree :skull: y’all are so ******* over dramatic 

The fact that y’all assume “monkey” just from seeing dark skin and a banana theme is more ridiculous 

Boy please, anyone with a brain would think that. Y'all are reaching so hard to "well actually" his obvious racism and it's embarrassing. The "baby hairs" hairstyle (which is associated with black women) sealed the deal.  Please don't embarrass yourself any further. 

8 minutes ago, Zylo said:

I'm getting the feeling this was calculated, racist or not. 

Yuh. He’s skirting lines and fully aware of the outrage a shot like thi$ will incite regardless of the specifics. Million view “apology” video of him reasoning it away incoming. We’re tired. 

This is just so random and weird. 

27 minutes ago, Mast said:

And the trope that Black men have large penises itself actually is very racist and we can trace the idea directly back to the first european expeditions to Africa and eventually the slave trade. One of the reasonings that were used to justify slavery was that black people were beast-like or animal-like, which made them inferior to (white) human-people. One of the characteristics used to exemplify this was the size of black men's members. Later, at slave auctions, ***** size was also used as a descriptor of the potential vitality of the person being purchased, meaning: how fit they were to work and how many future slaves he would be able to create if "mated" with other slaves. Black men (and black women also) were said to be promiscuous and violent in their approach. White women were often warned that if they spent too much time with a black man, she could find herself being raped. This is also why it was so easy to convict and lynch innocent black men from the times of slavery all the way to the 1980s: the general public agreed that white people were civilized while black people were not. Black men had large penises that could "hypnotize" or entice wives of slaveowners/white men and force them to cheat on their spouses; or, black men were so animal-like that their urge to mate made them prone to raping white women specifically. In more recent history, the trope that Black men have large dicks/are better in bed was extremely popular in television in the 90s, and that was often the sole role of several black characters. 

Even before the slave trade, early colonizers noted in their journals the different African societies that were used to living semi-nude. This was extremely different from European societies where nudity was considered lewd and sinful. So, early colonizers interpreted this as the insatiable thirst for sex and multiple sexual partners of African societies.

Am I saying that this is what non-black people people have in mind when they are saying "I love BBC"? No, but this is literally where their fetish historically comes from ?

GET EM

If you’re white you don’t get an opinion on whether this is racist or not :dies: screaming at y’all always claiming people are doing “too much” when it comes to calling out racism, but god forbid Harry Styles not tell you his sexuality or Demi debuts a pronoun. y’all are a bigger joke and more transparent than Jefree at this point :ahh:

People in here actually defending this :rip: y'all can rot along with him in hell

31 minutes ago, Mast said:

Get them! :clap3:

It's so ****** up, that you assumed they were black because you saw a banana and dark skin.

That's what we should be discussing, considering those aren't black men.

I look up 3 pages and there's no model name :noparty:

anyone else it would still be bad, but this individual? the n-word enthusiast? 

he needs some of those racial healing classes, someone call ms cabello :bunny:

Racist or not, the fact that some of you are going out of your ways to defend this guy?? :rip: One of the nastiest people online, with an extremely ugly personality. Do better. 

White users here embarassing themselves again. 

Its not about what you interpret to be racist. If a Black/POC is telling you its racist or offensive just respect that.

Why is this person relevant? Do people really care about make up like that to make him rich and famous? It’s just paint for your face

What if they're latin men?

22 minutes ago, Bacratto said:

They could still be black???  Similar stereotypes also exist for Latin men???

34 minutes ago, Devin said:

White users here embarassing themselves again. 

Its not about what you interpret to be racist. If a Black/POC is telling you its racist or offensive just respect that.

Well, at this point everything is offensive. 

What's the name of the model?

28 minutes ago, Bacratto said:

You can be Latin and black too.

Like, even if this was all unintentional (I think it was intentional), and even if those are white models saturated to 9000 (which I don't think they are and I find to be an irrelevant/moot point since the association is still dark skin = big dick), this is the kind of **** that your PR team is supposed to catch before you publish ? 

2 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

Well, at this point everything is offensive. 

What's the name of the model?

Its dismissive, dense remarks like this that cont. this bs.

1 hour ago, Alongoria13 said:

I don't see the racism. The overusing of that word makes it lose its actual meaning.

Worms for brains, the people still experiencing hate & people who have literally been lynched are VERY REAL. Narcissistic & just plain stupid 

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Its dismissive, dense remarks like this that cont. this bs.

I am not saying it's okay. Its definitely insensitive.

I just rather would like to see people care this much about climate change, job disadvantages for black people, hate crimes against black people, the war in the Ukraine, LGBTQ+ issues, etc.

Those are things I am angry about. 

Jeffree pretending to suck a banana is cringe. 

They're not even black.  :rip:

The theatrics y'all pull out every time he does something remotely polarizing is cumbersome

He has much bigger skeletons in his closet we can be discussing, not this photoshoot. 

Congrats, you gave him the attention he wanted. More sales, woohoo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.