5 Million bees dead after Delta Airlines shipping "mistake".

Symmetra

I see some didnt read the article. It was a misfortune accident 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• FOCK

• Blue Monday

• Feanor

11 hours ago, Trent W said:

Yeah this can’t go unpunished.

Bees are extremely important for our ecosystem.

this. bees disappearing would collapse our ecosystem no kidding.

they're both vectors and herbivores, they're a source of food and also the reason big herbivores we eat get to graze around different biomes. they're the biggest reason for the propagation of plant life.

JAIL for them!

A honeybee hive usually has between 20 000 and 80 000 bees living together in a colony.

Between 62-250 potential hives.

18 hours ago, Delirious said:

Not at everyone outraged by this but no vegan and eat honey at the same time like

Exactly. I'm so over the cognitive dissonance & double standards.

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

18 hours ago, Trent W said:

Being vegan would be a lot more acceptable if people like you didn’t open their mouths all the time about it

"Vegans keep inconveniencing me with the truth, so I'll keep funding animal torture and the extinction of the Earth - that'll show them!" 

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

17 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

What is this false equivalence :deadbanana:

What is false about it? You have zero moral ground of "concern" to stand on if you're not plant based. 

Besides, these particular bees wouldn't exist naturally - they are mass bred by the honey industry for profit and then rented out to farms.

The process stresses them out & its animal exploitation either way you spin it.

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

Edited by FOCK

40 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Exactly. I'm so over the cognitive dissonance & double standards.

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

"Vegans keep inconveniencing me with the truth, so I'll keep funding animal torture and the extinction of the Earth - that'll show them!" 

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

What is false about it? You have zero moral ground of "concern" to stand on if you're not plant based. 

Besides, these particular bees wouldn't exist naturally - they are mass bred by the honey industry for profit and then rented out to farms.

The process stresses them out & its animal exploitation either way you spin it.

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

Being 100% plant based is not something everyone can afford to do, so excuse me for pointing out that it’s a ridiculous thing to say

28 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Being 100% plant based is not something everyone can afford to do, so excuse me for pointing out that it’s a ridiculous thing to say

Unless you live in a food desert, the idea that plant-based living is somehow more expensive is inaccurate - plant-based doesn’t stop at “Beyond Burgers” & animal products are typically the most expensive unless you’re eating processed, fast food aka some of the largest contributors to animal suffering & climate change.

Legumes, lentils, beans, most seasonal vegetables & fruits, rice, soy products etc are some of the cheapest items, on top of the ability to be purchased in a form with a much higher shelf-life than rotted flesh. Dairy items such as Milk can be eliminated from anyones diet immediately with zero negative consequence with the plethora of alternatives available. The only thing that you may need to go out of your way for is a B12 supplement - which farmed animals are artificially injected with anyway, or you can obtain it through nutritional yeast. Most plant based milks contain B12 now.

Animal items such as leather and wool are also often the most expensive on offer, in comparison to ethical materials. 

There are very little viable excuses.

Edited by FOCK

That delta employee stans Rihanna 

tumblr_mx2to2fSWT1sk0vqbo1_500.gif

29 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

The excuses. Just admit you don't care about animal welfare enough for it to inconvenience you.

19 hours ago, Trent W said:

Being vegan would be a lot more acceptable if people like you didn’t open their mouths all the time about it

JSJSJSJSJJSNSJSDNDNNDNDDDD

1 hour ago, FOCK said:

nicki-minaj-sass.gif

“Vegans keep using veganism like a costume and personal brand to look others down and feel superior”

Ironically vegans online turn more people away than they convert, I didn’t take it seriously until I read in books and legit sources. Not idiots online.

10 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

RIP :(

Would they have died in Alaska over the winter?

its may

28 minutes ago, Trent W said:

“Vegans keep using veganism like a costume and personal brand to look others down and feel superior”

Ironically vegans online turn more people away than they convert, I didn’t take it seriously until I read in books and legit sources. Not idiots online.

Vegans aren’t vegan because they think they’re superior. It’s precisely the fact that they DON’T believe they’re superior that they advocate for other life.

People react negatively when they’re forced to confront reality & reckon with the moral compass they claim to have. It’s understandably uncomfortable.

I don’t agree with all the tactics some vegans use, but ultimately, a cow flailing around whilst it’s throat is slit, a piglet being born on a cold, faeces covered floor where it will live out the majority of its life, castrated by hand & it’s tail snipped off with no pain relief, then sent to be killed in a matter of months, it’s only exposure to sunlight being the truck ride to the slaughter house, where it can smell fear, blood and death & will be gassed to death, thrown in a boiling pit, electrically prodded, or receive several bolts to the head, or the baby calf separated from its mother within hours of birth, that will be forced to spend its life forcibly impregnated, milked then also sent to slaughter when it’s knees eventually give in, not even having lived a quarter of its natural lifespan… or male baby chicks that are thrown into a grinder shortly after hatching for nuggets… Not to mention the disastrous & irreversible effects this process is having on the environment… well. How you feel because an online vegan said mean words pales in comparison, and the Earth doesn’t have time. 

Edited by FOCK

21 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Vegans aren’t vegan because they think they’re superior. It’s precisely the fact that they DON’T believe they’re superior that they advocate for other life.

People react negatively when they’re forced to confront reality & reckon with the moral compass they claim to have. It’s understandably uncomfortable.

I don’t agree with all the tactics some vegans use, but ultimately, a cow flailing around whilst it’s throat is slit, a piglet being born on a cold, faeces covered floor where it will live out the majority of its life, castrated by hand & it’s tail snipped off with no pain relief, then sent to be killed in a matter of months, it’s only exposure to sunlight being the truck ride to the slaughter house, where it can smell fear, blood and death & will be gassed to death, thrown in a boiling pit, electrically prodded, or receive several bolts to the head, or the baby calf separated from its mother within hours of birth, that will be forced to spend its life forcibly impregnated, milked then also sent to slaughter when it’s knees eventually give in, not even having lived a quarter of its natural lifespan… or male baby chicks that are thrown into a grinder shortly after hatching for nuggets… Not to mention the disastrous & irreversible effects this process is having on the environment… well. How you feel because an online vegan said mean words pales in comparison, and the Earth doesn’t have time. 

I already know what you are talking about and already started the process of more plant based foods in my diet since last year.

Thing is vegans are not wrong, is the “you don’t have the right to have an opinion in this topic because you are not vegan” attitude that I was coming for in the first page.

Is not the way to educate people and everyone is turned off. That’s why vegans are seen as a joke online by many.

Is better just to explain everything in a pacific matter and everyone will start picking up slowly with time. Plant based diets are the future because of the environment.

Also there’s many people who can’t afford it financially or because their bodies need the meat sometimes. So this things take a long time for society to transition.

Edited by Trent W

1 hour ago, FOCK said:

Unless you live in a food desert, the idea that plant-based living is somehow more expensive is inaccurate - plant-based doesn’t stop at “Beyond Burgers” & animal products are typically the most expensive unless you’re eating processed, fast food aka some of the largest contributors to animal suffering & climate change.

Legumes, lentils, beans, most seasonal vegetables & fruits, rice, soy products etc are some of the cheapest items, on top of the ability to be purchased in a form with a much higher shelf-life than rotted flesh. Dairy items such as Milk can be eliminated from anyones diet immediately with zero negative consequence with the plethora of alternatives available. The only thing that you may need to go out of your way for is a B12 supplement - which farmed animals are artificially injected with anyway, or you can obtain it through nutritional yeast. Most plant based milks contain B12 now.

Animal items such as leather and wool are also often the most expensive on offer, in comparison to ethical materials. 

There are very little viable excuses.

53 minutes ago, Nano said:

The excuses. Just admit you don't care about animal welfare enough for it to inconvenience you.

All I was saying was that not everyone has the money and time to be 100% plant based, and just because people may not be 100% plant based doesn't invalidate anger they may feel at reading stories such as these. Save the thesis statements and direct your anger towards corporations and institutions that not only make it harder for people to access plant based options/work it into their routines, but also invalidate the actions of individuals by making "mistakes" such as this where they cause damage to the environment on a much longer scale in a shorter amount of time.  

51 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

its may

Yes but I meant when winter comes. It said the bees are not native to Alaska... I know they were meant to pollinate orchards, but was wondering if they'd survive the eventual winter.

******* ain't **** and they ain't sayin' nothing, a hundred motherfuckers can't tell me nothing, the bees in the trap, bees bees in the trap!

Edit: rip to the bees

Edited by Severus Snape

42 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I already know what you are talking about and already started the process of more plant based foods in my diet since last year.

Thing is vegans are not wrong, is the “you don’t have the right to have an opinion in this topic because you are not vegan” attitude that I was coming for in the first page.

Is not the way to educate people and everyone is turned off. That’s why vegans are seen as a joke online by many.

Is better just to explain everything in a pacific matter and everyone will start picking up slowly with time. Plant based diets are the future because of the environment.

Also there’s many people who can’t afford it financially or because their bodies need the meat sometimes. So this things take a long time for society to transition.

I do think we're nearing a future where switching to sustainable and ethical alternatives will be inevitable, and we'll look back at this part of culture with shame. 

It's fantastic that you've sought out the knowledge for yourself, sadly, most people won't. It's such an inflammatory topic because lives and futures are at stake, both animals and human, and this leads to tactics/reactions that aim to draw attention, as the issue doesn't receive nearly enough as it should.

Everyone now understand the risks associated with fossil fuels, but you bring up their consumption habits and suddenly it's a laundry list of excuses. Society will rightfully rage at the sight of a dog being abused, yet continue to support industries that inflict worse suffering on the scale of billions of creatures just as sentient, sensitive, individual and aware. Sometimes, just being straight up with people is the only way to put things into perspective. For example, one of the most effective anti-smoking campaigns was a very graphic ad of a woman blowing smoke through a hole in her neck, so there is a precedent for this type of advocacy. 

I agree with most of your post, minus bodies needing meat at all, and the implication that vegans are a monolith. I will clarify, being vegan doesn't necessarily mean you're a good person, nor does eating meat mean you're a bad one. We can all work to be more consistent with our reduction of harm and the values and concerns we claim to hold.

Edited by FOCK

17 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I do think we're nearing a future where switching to sustainable and ethical alternatives will be inevitable, and we'll look back at this part of culture with shame. 

It's fantastic that you've sought out the knowledge for yourself, sadly, most people won't. It's such an inflammatory topic because lives and futures are at stake, both animals and human, and this leads to tactics/reactions that aim to draw attention, as the issue doesn't receive nearly enough as it should.

Everyone now understand the risks associated with fossil fuels, but you bring up their consumption habits and suddenly it's a laundry list of excuses. Society will rightfully rage at the sight of a dog being abused, yet continue to support industries that inflict worse suffering on the scale of billions of creatures just as sentient, sensitive, individual and aware. Sometimes, just being straight up with people is the only way to put things into perspective. For example, one of the most effective anti-smoking campaigns was a very graphic ad of a woman blowing smoke through a hole in her neck, so there is a precedent for this type of advocacy. 

I agree with most of your post, minus bodies needing meat at all, and the implication that vegans are a monolith. I will clarify, being vegan doesn't necessarily mean you're a good person, nor does eating meat mean you're a bad one. We can all work to be more consistent with our reduction of harm and the values and concerns we claim to hold.

:clap3: 

21 minutes ago, FOCK said:

:clap3: 

Watch them go unpunished :ace:

MadonnasBoyfriend

They need to call oprah to donate some. when she opens the crate shell be like giphy.gif

and is Beyonce aware of this tragedy :biblio:?

On 4/30/2022 at 1:23 PM, Smarticle said:

this was a planned attack

i think its more likely carlos and daquan were working baggage for delta and got stoned and forgot about the bees instead. dont mistake idiocy for conspiracy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.