Azealia drags black people

TimeAmpala

You already know which group is about to descend onto this thread 

15 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

why do we care about what she has to say? :rip: 

she is a trash person but she's making good points here tbh. Only us black folks can say that though, I dont wanna see no whites in here saying nothing. 

She didnt really lie though, drag us:gaynetcat3:

The underlying issue is systemic though. The music is a expression of the struggles we go through in our community.

8 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

she is a trash person but she's making good points here tbh. Only us black folks can say that though, I dont wanna see no whites in here saying nothing. 

I don’t wanna start a mess but why though? Why can black people have opinion on white but not the other way around? I mean educate me (I’m not white though) If this against the rules I will delete 

Azealia is right! I think everyone, black, white, Asian, Latin, Middle Eastern, can agree!! 

She didn't drag "black people" as much as she did "hip hop culture". Obviously, black people make up the majority of hip-hop culture, but she still wasn't lying when she said it's the only genre that is affected by commonplace violence, shootings, murder, whatever. If you disagree, the facts just make you uncomfortable.

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

7 minutes ago, LazzyGrant said:

I don’t wanna start a mess but why though? Why can black people have opinion on white but not the other way around? I mean educate me (I’m not white though) If this against the rules I will delete 

I kinda agree and it’s a double standard, but you know, how many black people kept white people as slaves? It’s kind of not really a fair fight considering how much injustice black people face when white people are fortunate enough to not have to by default. 

Ot: Azealia is a mess as usual, but she’s technically right. I feel like it’s because a lot of the original ‘gangster rappers’ actually did come from the streets and had to grow up in less privileged environments and fight to drag themselves out of it whereas artists in other genres such as pop usually grew up with stage parents in nice suburban houses or were the breadwinners from like 5 years old and have never even witnessed a fight in real life. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

She didn't drag "black people" as much as she did "hip hop culture". Obviously, black people make up the majority of hip-hop culture, but she still wasn't lying when she said it's the only genre that is affected by commonplace violence, shootings, murder, whatever. If you disagree, the facts just make you uncomfortable.

Yeah she didn’t really mention black people in a negative way. Eminem grew up in the ‘ghetto’ (her word not mine) and he’s as white as they come. It’s just that even 10-15 years ago you had to have a certain ‘real’ grit to you in order to be taken seriously in hip hop so a lot of rappers actually were dangerous people who had to be that way just to survive or better their living situation. 

19 minutes ago, LazzyGrant said:

white people are the majority and are not oppressed, white people also directly and indirectly affect black and other poc. Black people are minorities and it's not a white person's place to speak on black issues which do not primarily affect themthese issues are complex and have to be discussed in the community itself. 

28 minutes ago, LazzyGrant said:

I mean in the context of what the negative aspects of Hip Hop is related to the African American community, how exactly would that work?

A lot of the music is about gang violence & poverty, because we've been pushed into those conditions socioeconomically from racist policies 

In what way would they drag Black ppl from the perspective of a White person about this?:skull:

30 minutes ago, LazzyGrant said:

imo
1. A lot of non-black ATRL members use posts like Azealia’s to justify their own prejudices, despite not being a member of the black community and experiencing the same things she has gone through. A lot of times taking the posts out of context.

2. Re: “why can black people have an opinion on white people but not the other way around”

the way this is worded is kind of an exaggeration and reactionary, but, very often when white people make commentary about problems in the black community, it’s often uneducated and tone deaf, since white people haven’t gone through the same things black people have to go through and have way more privileges, as they haven’t had the same experiences. Resulting in a lot of non black ATRL members critiquing a community that they aren’t in and haven’t been in there shoes 

Is she some kind of moron? Hip hop is just regular progression of hyper criminality that black Americans have been living since the war on drugs, why would the genre where the average contributor came from the community where there's already susceptibility to murder and violence...be any different. We know white people don't gaf about black people and their hyper criminality other than to demonize them for it, never any solutions, never any answers just; why are xyz so EVIL OMG; *sociopolitical answer is given*...*silence*...OMG WHY ARE THEY SO BAAAAAAD.

Knock if off, ms. 212, you're a trump supporter, so we already know what time you're on, rapping candace owens. Take your dance music and prepare for trump's inauguration in 2024 and save the faux concern.

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

I mean in the context of what the negative aspects of Hip Hop is related to the African American community, how exactly would that work?

A lot of the music is about gang violence & poverty, because we've been pushed into those conditions socioeconomically from racist policies 

In what way would they drag Black ppl from the perspective of a White person about this?:skull:

The music absolutely does not help and it's a blatant lie to disregard its influence on listeners. Gang violence and incarcerations skyrocketed after gangsta rap went mainstream in the 90s. Juice WRLD had said that Future was the reason he got into drugs and I can assure you, he's not the only person. At some point people have to take accountability and stop deflecting and blame shifting. Systemic racism might be out of black people's control but the bullshit that's glorified, perpetuated, and sold to an entire generation of impressionable black youth most definitely is. 

Isn't she a massive homophobe herself? I vaguely recall her using the eff word a few times, and not in a joking kind of way. :emofish:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

12 minutes ago, Abel Minaj said:

The music absolutely does not help and it's a blatant lie to disregard its influence on listeners. Gang violence and incarcerations skyrocketed after gangsta rap went mainstream in the 90s. Juice WRLD had said that Future was the reason he got into drugs and I can assure you, he's not the only person. At some point people have to take accountability and stop deflecting and blame shifting. Systemic racism might be out of black people's control but the bullshit that's glorified, perpetuated, and sold to an entire generation of impressionable black youth most definitely is. 

No, incarceration started skyrocketing in the 1980s during the Reagan administration, not the 1990s & it has little to do with music 

Wierd to blame gang violence on a genre of music and not literally how gangs form. The music is a expression of something already happening, not the other way around. 

Yes, the gang culture in music does have effects on the youth, but not in the way you're describing it as if Hip Hop banned any gang related things, gangs would start to decline.

It'd likely just be expressed through another art form.

She’s right and it’s a sad truth. 

Is she saying we need to suck more dick or is she saying sucking dick is tantamount to murder? Can’t tell if she’s just in her alt-right bag again. :huh:

I hate your title.  This isn't a drag of "Black people".  She said "hip hop audiences".  More than Black people listen to hip hop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.