Scooter on Taylor Again: "I was open to selling catalogs back at a fair market value"

Diesel is Desire

26 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Are you sure he played the game better than her? His public image is forever ruined and so is is opportunity for a political career. Meanwhile, the re-recordings are making Taylor’s catalogue the biggest of her generation.

Public image amongst whom? Her Stans? Anybody  who has *actual pull* in the industry does not care about any alleged underhand tactics because they all do the same thing. This doesn’t affect him in the slightest amongst the people that matter (his peers). 

EDIT: I missed the politics part but even that doesn’t really matter. People who have done a lot worse get elected and put into positions of power all the time. With the right amount of money, connections and timing. He will be fine, plus most of the public don’t know or care about this masters controversy. 

Edited by RihFenty20

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diesel is Desire

• awesomepossum

• brazil

• Headlock

2 hours ago, Jenlisa said:

you’re always so boring, @MonsterNavy remains the superior monster navy

do you honestly think i give 2 fucks what a person with a k pop avi has to say :bibliahh: 

Edited by MONSTER NAVY

17 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Public image amongst whom? Her Stans? Anybody  who has *actual pull* in the industry does not care about any alleged underhand tactics because they all do the same thing. This doesn’t affect him in the slightest amongst the people that matter (his peers). 

He said that he wanted to get into political career and that this exact situation prevented him (his words).

Also he's getting lawsuits left and right, one of them being from Shamrock for holdling informations, turns out 300 millions for masters that are getting rerecorded will be a loss.

Now he is whining because he made bad business choices. :coffee2:

Edited by Alina M

We got the best result, we got everything we've waiting for so long, so thank you for being an ass, king :gaycat4:

3 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

you thought u did something with this. 'iGnOraNt' lmfao.  :bibliahh::bibliahh:

You always think you do something, and the truth is you do, it’s just not something most people want to do, which is embarrass themselves :deadbanana4:

The OTH hiding behind Scooby (:rip::rip::rip:) still trying to paint him as a winner :dies: He pretty much said he made a mistake he'll no longer make in the future. He lost, Taylor demolished him

5 minutes ago, Alina M said:

He said that he wanted to get into political career and that this exact situation prevented him (his words).

Also he's getting lawsuits left and right, one of them being from Shamrock for holdling informations, turns out 300 millions for masters that are getting rerecorded will be a loss.

Now he is whining because he made bad business choices. :coffee2:

Where did you get this information from? He’s not sued by Shamrock. His lawsuit has nothing to do with her music, it has to do with funds promised to raise but failed to provide to a business partner way before he even thought about buying her music. 

he allegedly made an upwards of 150 million from his sale of her work. In what way is that a bad business move?!? Lmaoo. Also I doubt that they are taking a major loss, if any at all, from the sale. For example, Spotify pays the record owners 60 percent of the revenue from streams and over 10M(or about 40 percent) of her streams are from works she doesn’t own. basically *every day* they’re making upwards of 25k from her work on just that one service.  And they’ll continue to make more money from her as she chooses to drag out the releases. 

#BelieveWoman

#MePooIsOver

So convenient of him not including the part where he wanted her to sign an NDA (among other things). I don't even know why he's rehashing this after selling the masters around a year ago.

Give it up deelishish :biblio:

3 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

He’s a douche and she deserves to own her masters. And I don’t believe for a second that he was open to dialogue without something in return.

With thar said, it does bother me that we treat Taylor’s masters as this relic when most artists don’t own their masters unless they were lucky enough to go in on negotiations in a position of power. Harry is lucky enough to own his, but I think he’s one of the only examples in mainstream who can say he owns his entire catalogue nowadays.

I can’t imagine Abel or Dua or Justin or Adele own all their masters. Maybe for later work, but certainly not for all of it. When it first blew up people were saying that Taylor talking about her masters would open the conversation for other artists to demand theirs, to reevaluate how these things are handled. But that didn’t happen, it’s just a conversation about her masters over and over either because she’s releasing her re-recordings or because this douche brings it up again.

I just feel bad for all the artists who will never own their art and who don’t have the luxury to re-record their own material and repackage it to market themselves.

I think Dua owns all of her masters, they are just licensed from her own company to Warner while she is signed to them. When she first got started her dad helped her set up everything to make sure she owns everything.

Not this same old tired ass ******* **** getting brought up again. Scooter made a miscalculation and came out of the whole situation looking like an evil clown (even to the broader public, who are quite well informed of his wrongdoings here). Taylor is still breaking records and making hundreds of millions off of her re-recordings, has just gotten her magnum opus to #1, and is more loved by the public than ever. 

Scooter can lie about the circumstances all he wants, but it makes no sense for him to be talking about this considering he sold the masters over a year ago and this is all a hypothetical retrospective alternate reality :deadbanana2:

At this point I'm hoping Shamrock doesn't sell them back to Taylor for a few more years (cause I want the other 4 TVs, or at the very least Speak Now TV and Debut TV) :gaycat6:

He’s so scummy and I get that some of y’all hate Taylor but really siding with this guy? Jesus :bibliahh:

4 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

When it first blew up people were saying that Taylor talking about her masters would open the conversation for other artists to demand theirs, to reevaluate how these things are handled. But that didn’t happen, it’s just a conversation about her masters over and over either because she’s releasing her re-recordings or because this douche brings it up again.

2 hours ago, MONSTER NAVY said:

do you honestly think i give 2 fucks what a person with a k pop avi has to say :bibliahh: 

Ha ha ha ha ha :bibliahh:

5 hours ago, fauxtography said:

I'm not surprised she's a liar, and manipulator. She probably threw another one of her toddler fits thinking they should be handed over.

Whatever, what is done is done! She'll get her master after she wastes the rest of her creative years remaking old albums to spite an old vendetta. Very taylor.

The rerecordings turned out to be harder to pull off than what she had initially envisioned. She did it in the name of future artists, catalog rights, feminism and whatever, but at the end of the day it was just a way to secure her bag. She only did it for money and as a business venture, thats it. No artist will see an improvement in their masters negotiation bc of what Taylor did, no women will see an improvement to be treated better in the industry, and so on. 

Its the same as the Spotify situation 7 years ago. Its just an excuse for her to renegotiate contracts and stuff, yet still artists in Spotify haven't seen an improvement in their paychecks  no one benefited from her fight with Spotify other than herself, and also no one did from her letter to Apple Music. And it will happen the same with the re recordings, its only for personal benefit, never for a common wellness improvement. Thats why this re recordings have completely disengaged myself from her. (she could have given us vault tracks with re issues on the 10th anniversary of each album, new cover arts, etc.)

She was on a highway to improving musically with folklore and evermore, I've been following and stanning her for years and loved her previous albums, but those last 2 are impeccable. The re recordings could have benefited from an improvement in vocal delivery, but in reality its just a 30yo woman pitching her voice up to sound like her 18 year old self... its all a money motivated move, its all I'm trying to say. And a massive hate for scooter and Scott, with I don't blame her for this part, bc they seem like assholes, but no other musician in the industry will she a better future bc of her moves. 

5 hours ago, fauxtography said:

I'm not surprised she's a liar, and manipulator. She probably threw another one of her toddler fits thinking they should be handed over.

Whatever, what is done is done! She'll get her master after she wastes the rest of her creative years remaking old albums to spite an old vendetta. Very taylor.

She has released 3 new studio albums since 2019. More that anyone else i- :deadbanana4:

Why is one fanbase in particular in here dragging Taylor as if re-recording your whole catalogue isn’t a big bold badass move? :gaylorcat2:

49 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Taylor just set up the trend for re-recordings to become the new re-masterings. It has been done for years and it will continue to be done. Its nice that she has influenced some artists to do it, but its still an option that only well stablished artists can have. Also Olivia had the opportunity to negotiate a better contract bc she already had the Disney money backing her up. Most musicians sign their contract when they are not stablished and no label will be like: ''okay lets do this better bc Taylor is a great example.'' 

Its the same as her Spotify battle back in the day, she just does it to renegotiate a better contract for herself and when she's done she gives up the '''''battle'''''. Since she has reintroduced her music on Spotify after her fight with them, no artist has seen an improvement on their paychecks, same with the Apple Music situation. Its just a way to do some marketing move to make her seem as a social warrior while making even more money. 

You can tell that this Masters fiasco has put a deep cut scar on his ego :lmao:

This whole scenario reeks of two greedy white capitalists fighting over money disguised as a moral battle :rip: I don’t feel bad for the born rich privileged white girlie cause she wants $500m and not $300m once she became more powerful than she originally were when she signed her contract’s conditions. The same way I don’t feel bad for a greedy (probably racist and xenophobic) businessman who made a business investment that fired back. Two fakers. 

Anyway Free Palestine 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.