Will Apple Be The Next Nokia?

Materialboy215

Apple has secured their fanbase. It's gonna take a LOT for Apple to piss them off and drive them away. so good luck! :ducky:

I love this presenter, but she's ignoring that Apple's silicone kinda ended Intel & AMD at their own game. :bunny:

2 hours ago, modeblock said:

I love this presenter, but she's ignoring that Apple's silicone kinda ended Intel & AMD at their own game. :bunny:

I love her too, she's really great.

13 hours ago, Materialboy215 said:

Even Motorola did something exciting reintroducing The new all touchscreen flip Razr.

and how is that going 

Edited by Delusional

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

and how is that going 

IDK I don't keep up with phone sales.   My point being is that at least other companies are trying new and exciting things and not just resting on what they did in the past.

Apple won't be the next Nokia because they haven't made a Nokia-sized error, i.e., Windows Phone.

Nokia doesn't have a cult fanbase and ecosystem like Apple

The Katy Perry of phone 

15 hours ago, hausofdave said:

they just hit another all time high during today’s earnings calls beating Wall St’s expectation again despite a slower growth; accumulating record breaking revenue in services & not to mention becoming the first streaming company to win an Oscar for BP :cm:

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/apple-q2-2022-services-revenue-iphone-1235253590/

Revenues might be higher, because their prices vs. BOM costs,

OT: I don't think Apple will be the new Nokia, Apple branched out and it's services revenue is increasing, so yeah their smartphones maturation stage might have been reached, but Apple branched out in many lines of business I think they will be fine. 

Once China gets sanctioned I hope every investors sues Tim Cook for the company losses when the CCP confiscates their factories and Apple can’t produce enough phone for months on end.

I bought Apple stocks just so I can sue the b@stars when that happens.

That guy is worst than Merkel.

Its been clear for 5 years now that the US government plans to decouple with China on the tech side. The writings on the wall.

yet He still keep investing there.

When **** hit the fan,NOBODY is gonna stand for Apple getting a bail out.

He needs to end up in jail for failing his fiduciary duties toward the share holders.

Edited by frenchyisback

• ATRL Moderator

Who would overtake Apple though? :rip: 

Apple has mastered the ecosystem and trapping people in said ecosystem. If I were to move to android, my watch would no longer work with my phone and the seamless conveniences of using Mac and iPad alongside the iPhone would go too. 

8 hours ago, khalyan said:

I don't think it needs to be overtaken tho. The apple fever is slowing down, Apple right now makes phones for two people: those who want a cheaper but trendy colourful phone and those who don't mind paying x2 the price for an slightly better version. The people who want cheaper iPhones aren't fans at all, so they can make their minds and go for other options if one rises in popularity. The ones who will keep apple afloat will be the ones who pay 1.500€ for their ''pro/plus/max'' phones. When you aren't treated as a top costumer on a brand its easy that you leave. If your phone is advertised as a cheaper option you will be most likely to go to another brand for the same price whose phone you own is their top product. And thats already happening with Xiaomi, Huawei and even Samsung and LG. 

13 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Once China gets sanctioned I hope every investors sues Tim Cook for the company losses when the CCP confiscates their factories and Apple can’t produce enough phone for months on end.

I bought action with Apple just so I can sue the b@stars when that happens.

That guy is worst than Merkel.

Its been clear for 5 years now that the US government plans to decouple with China on the tech side. The writings on the wall.

yet He still keep investing there.

When **** hit the fan,NOBODY is gonna stand for Apple getting a bail out.

He needs to end up in jail for failing his fiduciary duties toward the share holders.

Tim Cook wanted to stop investing in innovation and started investing in marketing gimmicks to deliver short term profits instead of the long term vision Steve jobs had. Apple was never meant to be a brand for everyone. 

21 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I don't think it needs to be overtaken tho. The apple fever is slowing down, Apple right now makes phones for two people: those who want a cheaper but trendy colourful phone and those who don't mind paying x2 the price for an slightly better version. The people who want cheaper iPhones aren't fans at all, so they can make their minds and go for other options if one rises in popularity. The ones who will keep apple afloat will be the ones who pay 1.500€ for their ''pro/plus/max'' phones. When you aren't treated as a top costumer on a brand its easy that you leave. If your phone is advertised as a cheaper option you will be most likely to go to another brand for the same price whose phone you own is their top product. And thats already happening with Xiaomi, Huawei and even Samsung and LG. 

Tim Cook wanted to stop investing in innovation and started investing in marketing gimmicks to deliver short term profits instead of the long term vision Steve jobs had. Apple was never meant to be a brand for everyone. 

I agree

Steve Job was an innovator.

Tim Cook is a banker. The idea that they’re now a service company with growth focus on selling a bunch of basic accessories, dumb gimmicks to sell more chargers, focus on fee base services, overcharge for everything…

Take back his gay card! We don’t claim ha!

2 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

I agree

Steve Job was an innovator.

Tim Cook is a banker. The idea that they’re now a service company with growth focus on selling a bunch of basic accessories, dumb gimmicks to sell more chargers, focus on fee base services, overcharge for everything…

Take back his gay card! We don’t claim ha!

true, he also is damaging the Apple mythology. They used to be the best in each sector, the iPhone iPad and Mac were the best on each of their categories. But ever since expanding they have become #2 in more than one sector (the Siri pod vs Alexa, AM vs Spotify, Apple TV vs all the other streaming services, etc.) next generation won't see apple as a standout brand

5 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

true, he also is damaging the Apple mythology. They used to be the best in each sector, the iPhone iPad and Mac were the best on each of their categories. But ever since expanding they have become #2 in more than one sector (the Siri pod vs Alexa, AM vs Spotify, Apple TV vs all the other streaming services, etc.) next generation won't see apple as a standout brand

Those branches of services doesn't matter looking at overall marketshare because they aren't directed towards all consumers and like you said, Apple isn't for everyone. It's meant for a closed ecosystem and exclusivity. Although AM and Apple TV are available for everyone including Androids, it's simply made for convenience and works the best on its own products. And they are definitely behind Spotify and other streaming services in overall userbase, but are also newer services. I personally wouldn't use Spotify on Apple products because Apple Music is more seamlessly accessible for me on my devices. Plus the sound quality is superior and the UI/UX design is more pleasing to my eyes, it makes me feel like I own a library of music. And I don't think Apple TV is there to compete with giants like Netflix and HBO Max, it's a very niche platform for Apple users that's free or $5/month and also has a great consistent catalogue that won Emmys and Oscars. The philosophy of Apple TV is different, it's almost entirely original content and don't purchase rights of existing shows to go at war with other households. 

Apple's greatest innovation is the ecosystem. It's a curated walled garden and people have preferences that work for them. I feel like Apple has always been like this at its core if we're looking at how much Windows and Android controls the global market and how Apple has always deviated from how everyone else operates. 

Not a fan of Apple but Apple literally has the most integrated ecosystem ever. Nokia couldn't relate. 

LOL

Nokia has always been about HARDWARE

Apple is about EXPERIENCE

that's the main difference, that's why more than a decade, Apple is still slaying.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:27 AM, khalyan said:

none, because no other company even tried to learn from Apple's seamless experience and simplicity, they've been all about gimmicks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.