Metric - 'Formentera'

Fantasies

Metric's ‘Formentera’ is the follow-up to 2018’s ‘Art Of Doubt’ and is set for release July 8, 2022.

PRE-SAVE: https://orcd.co/formentera 

First single ‘All Comes Crashing’: https://orcd.co/allcomescrashing

Metric have also confirmed details of a 39-date “Doomscroller Tour” set to take place in North America this summer. Get tickets here: https://www.ilovemetric.com/ 

Edited by Fantasies

:jonny6:

CAN'T WAIT! Such a cool title also!

I'm never a HUGE fan of their albums as a whole, but they always deliver some incredible songs... I'm still not over Dressed To Suppress :party:

it's been forever we deserved new music :monkey: i'm gonna see them live in less than a month hopefully they'll play some new songs

1 hour ago, Blue. said:

Nicki and Aiyana’s impact :clap3:

Was just about to say Aitana ha impact :clap3: 

First single is great :clap3:

• 2 weeks later...

i love Emily Haines,good to hear new songs of her

• 1 month later...

the album is out in 5 days, wow! Very excited, I loved all 3 songs released so far

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

the album is out in 5 days, wow! Very excited, I loved all 3 songs released so far

I thought it was the 15th??

I haven’t checked on them in a while but liked all 3 singles.  I’m considering seeing them live but idk yet.  I’ll wait for the whole album.  

3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I thought it was the 15th??

I haven’t checked on them in a while but liked all 3 singles.  I’m considering seeing them live but idk yet.  I’ll wait for the whole album.  

Even their Twitter says the 8th, so that's great. And I just found that they posted this summery bop of a snippet, whew

I'm so glad I watched VH1 Divas in 2012 (for my bae Adam Lambert), otherwise I wouldn't have discovered Metric! Their performance of Breathing Underwater really hooked me in. I love all their albums since Fantasies (and like half of their debut), it's all quality after quality - and a good balance of cohesion and variety. And Emily has some great solo songs too

I wish they could really break out in the US tbh. Robbed

If I stan the album, I'm gonna put them in the top line of my sig, quality deserves it :hug:

Wow I'm not sure how I missed this on my release radar playlists. I'mma wait until the album drops and then listen to it all fresh, but I'm excited.

• ATRL Moderator

I am LOVING What Feels Like Eternity.  Their best song since Help I'm Alive and I'm sure this album will be the best since then too :clap3: 

I didn't even know this was coming out, I need to check it out. 

Album is OUT!

Everything about this album is pure excellence. Metric get stronger with ages :eek: This record is really one of their best. 

It's another good album from them. I don't think they get enough credit for being so consistent with their discography after all these years.

• ATRL Moderator

Was sad to find out my 3 favorite songs were the singles and they were the first tracks on the albums.  Oh Please was pretty good too, though.  Good album overall. 

title track and enemies of the ocean back to back snapped :jonny4: doomscroller whew chilleeeeeeeeeeeee :gaycat2: :clap3:

The entire album is a beautiful chaotic journey, love it. Doomscroller is one of the best song ever, False Dichotomy is a bop too. 

To be fair, Metric is PHENOMENAL at picking singles.

For now, I would put the 3 first singles in the top tier, Ocean and Settle in the bottom tier, and the rest in the middle tier (which is still quite good)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.