The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe: The Unheard Tapes | Netflix Documentary Out Now

Hector

A very interesting documentary.  Doesn't really reveal that much other than...

Spoiler

Marilyn also having an affair with Bobby Kennedy. 

Marilyn having had relationships with both Kennedy brothers since the 50s.

Robert Kennedy was in Los Angeles, at his brother-in-law Peter Lawford’s house in Malibu, on the night that Monroe died.

Fred Otash, a private detective who claimed he had bugged Peter Lawford’s house and phones in order to dig up dirt on the Kennedys, said that Robert Kennedy called Monroe that night and that the two had a vicious argument. “There were tapes recorded on the day of her death. Bobby Kennedy called her the night of her death from Lawford’s house. She said, ‘Don’t bother me, leave me alone, stay out of my life.’ A very violent argument. ‘I feel passed around, I feel used, I feel like a piece of meat.'”

Reed Wilson, a surveillance expert, that was reluctant to speak to Summer, said it’s true that Kennedy called. “She was raising a stink, calling the brothers, calling John and the White House, and complaining about the situation. She’d been hot and heavy for Bob, at first. … But she had come to a point where she felt like she was being used. And that’s where it was at about the time the end came.”

Summer’s reporting suggests that when things got a little too real with the Cuban missile crisis and the red scare and the Malibu getaways, the Kennedy administration eventually reached a point where it decided it was simply too risky for the two most powerful men in America to be chatting with a woman whom the FBI deemed “leftist.” Monroe was asked to cut all ties with both Kennedys, which was, allegedly, a breaking point in her mental health.

Edited by Hector

when are they gonna let this poor girl rest in peace :deadbanana: she's been dead twice as long as she was alive in the first place and she's still tabloid fodder, it's really sad

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

I need some opinions on this 

Basically everything in this...

9781913543624.jpg

...except they still state it was a suicide/accidental overdose. Because they don't have the concrete evidence.

But the tapes clearly point at it being a murder/cover up/ hush her situation.

10 hours ago, noonbob said:

Basically everything in this...

9781913543624.jpg

...except they still state it was a suicide/accidental overdose. Because they don't have the concrete evidence.

But the tapes clearly point at it being a murder/cover up/ hush her situation.

Interesting! I’m definitely watching the doc 

9 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

Interesting! I’m definitely watching the doc 

It's def worth the watch :heart2:

MadonnasBoyfriend

It was good and interesting but not much new information. I felt like I've been hearing about this stuff since I was a kid watching her movies and other docs. So it felt.. Reductive.. But not badly made. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.