Harry Styles dragged and viral after latest interview

thatsmydemi

3 hours ago, Miichael said:

I must have missed when he confirmed he was straight, unless you are just projecting? :hoetenks:

This is why you're not worth arguing with. If he hasn't said he's NOT straight then he IS straight, PERIOD, because that's how it works in the real world in the big year of 2022. I'm gonna assume you are trolling because that's better than facing the reality that queer people's fight has been HARSH but yet here we are still having to read complete asinine **** like this, again, in the big year of 2022. Either way, I beg of you, do better!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Y’all are annoying.  He doesn’t need to be queer to be a champion of queer and LGBTQ+ rights.  He’s very vocally supportive.  Regarding how he styles himself, are we really going to gatekeep people from wearing dresses and gender non-conforming outfits?  Is that the hill y’all want to die on?  If he says he’s straight, does it make it not okay for him to wear a dress or wave pride flags around?  Go find something else more serious to complain about ffs.

And yet here you are complaining about us dragging the queerbaiting white straight cis man. Maybe take your own advice? :bam:

And you don't have ownership over who is queer and who isn't. It might be a hard truth for you to swallow, but that's the reality. Nobody needs to come out or clarify to the public in order to identify as queer.

Yes, you HAVE TO BE QUEER to be part of the queer community. That's like saying that it's okay for Rachel Dolezal to be part of the black community in spite of being white. You cannot rip the benefits of being part of a minority group, without having to live with the negative effects that being part of a minority group has. You have to take the good with the bad as well. That's why what Harry is doing is DEPLORABLE.

Edited by NausAllien

3 hours ago, Bussea said:

imagine carrying about the sexuality of someone who won’t sleep with you.  harry is queer and it’s a well

known fact regardless of whether he’s explicitly said it himself or not. he doesn’t owe anyone **** jfc the obsessive need to be in everyone’s business is ******* exhausting 

Did you really just ACTUALLY type out these words and in that sequence? 

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

I'm out, y'all are hopeless. More than anything this is just so so sad. The fight continues, I guess....

The chronically online are singlehandedly responsible for setting the LGBTQ+ community back by like 30 years :rip: I thought we should encourage cis straight men to dress in ways that deviate from notions of conventional masculinity? If we're trying to do away with toxic masculinity, why is it assumed that Harry is queer for dressing in gender-bendery ways? 

Y'all are really upset over a piece of fabric... get a grip please :bibliahh:

Also, Harry has been really supportive of gay rights? I would love to know: What were his statements about Florida? The Pulse massacre? Gay rights in the Middle East? Homeless youth? The multiple homophobic hate crime murders across Europe in the last several years? 

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

The chronically online are singlehandedly responsible for setting the LGBTQ+ community back by like 30 years :rip: I thought we should encourage cis straight men to dress in ways that deviate from notions of conventional masculinity? If we're trying to do away with toxic masculinity, why is it assumed that Harry is queer for dressing in gender-bendery ways? 

Y'all are really upset over a piece of fabric... get a grip please :bibliahh:

So he is straight? 

But another member in the page before this one just stated he's actually and FACTUALLY AND OBVIOUSLY QUEER (as in NOT STRAIGHT), REGARDLESS OF HIM SAYING SO FROM HIS OWN MOUTH? 

Do y'all HEAR yourselves talking? 

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

What exactly are "queer aesthetics"? You do realise that doesn't actually exist, right? It's something that is entirely fictional in the minds of people who spend too much time online. Please don't minimise the queer experience to dresses and rainbow flags. Those things aren't owned by queer people, and being queer is not an exclusive club that you need to meet certain criteria to qualify for. Some of y'all are sooooo far out of touch :deadbanana4:

And you don't have ownership over who is queer and who isn't. It might be a hard truth for you to swallow, but that's the reality. Nobody needs to come out or clarify to the public in order to identify as queer.

Sweetie, you do realise that the queer community is a lot larger than fashion twinks and leather daddies? And not links to random fashion articles like it's receipts :rip: We are talking about the real world here, not the Met Gala. There may be aesthetics that are common among sections of the queer community, or aesthetics that the queer community have innovated, that doesn't make it exclusive and that doesn't mean that you own it, nor does it mean that if someone is dressed in that way, that they owe you an explanation of how they identify. Please learn the concept of boundaries. Interestingly, since apparently "Camp" is aesthetic exclusive to queer people, I assume you were also mad at all the straight celebrities who followed the camp theme for the Met Gala, since they were happy to use "queer aesthetics" but did not then come out as queer themselves?

Anyway, enjoy fuming until the end of time in your online echo chamber while the rest of us are out here in the real world 

Whew, you cleared :clap3:

The LGBTQ+ community is not a monolith; y'all don't own any type of aesthetic, especially not YT gays who co-opt elements of the Black ballroom scene as their own. I think it's really gross that some of you are spinning this into a bad thing. There is finally a cis straight man openly challenging gender norms/toxic masculinity and your reaction is to... shut him down? Worms.

Even Shawn Mendes, who has never presented as anything but absolutely hetero despite constantly dogged by gay rumours, tweeted about the Don't Say Gay bill in Florida.\

I'm waiting, Harry Styles stans! What was his statement on Florida? It's a current political issue related to queer rights. He is active out and about in the press and on major stages. Pop stars ARE getting involved in trying to repeal it. What were his statements? Surely he's made some right? Google isn't helping so perhaps you can tell me. 

Just now, AMIT said:

So he is straight? 

But another member in the page before this one just stated he's actually and FACTUALLY AND OBVIOUSLY QUEER (as in NOT STRAIGHT), REGARDLESS OF HIM SAYING SO FROM HIS OWN MOUTH? 

Do y'all HEAR yourselves talking? 

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

ok and what does that have to do with me...? another member said it, idgaf 

2 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

There is finally a cis straight man openly challenging gender norms/toxic masculinity and your reaction is to... shut him down? Worms.

It's this utter absolute ignorance of the last 50 years of music and fashion and art that is why people can't take Harry Styles stans seriously.

Also, appropriating a marginalized community you are not part of for your financial gain, as a mega wealthy white English dude.....is pretty high up there on the toxic behaviour list. Don'tcha think?

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

ok and what does that have to do with me...? another member said it, idgaf 

so you agree he is straight

why do you think he hasn't he said so himself?

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

It's this utter absolute ignorance of the last 50 years of music and fashion and art that is why people can't take Harry Styles stans seriously.

... we only started generating discourse around 'queer-baiting' in the last few years so artists like Prince and Bowie are not relevant to the conversation. 

But go off on ur boomer'd tangent I guess :juanny:

The only people who think this man is attracted to men think Louis Tomlinson's baby is a doll and his baby's mother a paid actress. 

This isn't discourse amongst queer people, who largely reject him. This is a topic of hope, projection and fetishization for his fanbase made up of largely cishet middle class women. 

Edited by Communion

3 minutes ago, AMIT said:

so you agree he is straight

why do you think he hasn't he said so himself?

The **** do I know? :rip:  Go ask him.

Maybe if you stopped conflating fashion choices with 'queer identity' you wouldn't feel so inclined to conduct a Spanish Inquisition-level investigation on who Harold is *******.

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Even Shawn Mendes, who has never presented as anything but absolutely hetero despite constantly dogged by gay rumours, tweeted about the Don't Say Gay bill in Florida.\

I'm waiting, Harry Styles stans! What was his statement on Florida? It's a current political issue related to queer rights. He is active out and about in the press and on major stages. Pop stars ARE getting involved in trying to repeal it. What were his statements? Surely he's made some right? Google isn't helping so perhaps you can tell me. 

I'm waiting!

Harry Styles stans keep using his supposed support for gay rights as an excuse. Where are his statements on the biggest gay rights issue right now?

Just now, InventedGays said:

Aren't you tired lol 

I will never tire of pointing out bullshit and hypocrisy 

The SJW gays  will really do anything to drag and disparage anyone who doesn’t support them in the EXACT way they would like. Stop trying to police what a celebrity wears and who he is ******* or talking about *******, or not talking about *******. It’s really deranged behavior. He is a Popstar making songs for you to listen to, not a stand-in for your therapist. 

Edited by Dephira

4 hours ago, Miichael said:

But he doesn't owe you any explanation of anything

People who say this need to realize that actually queer people who live their truth by the same token don't owe him understanding or the benefit of the doubt. He can keep his straightness a secret, but in the very same way we can keep laughing at his constant displays of how awkwardly a straight man tries to navigate trying to exploit our sexuality. :skull:

Everybody wanna be queer but nobody wanna like the same gender. How weird. 

I have to laugh that people that defend him are the people that find him attractive tbh. There’s a joke there somewhere :toofunny2:

Edited by Breathe On Moi

My issue with Harry is that he’s exploiting sexual ambiguity for success, reaping all the benefits of his supposed queerness while enjoying the benefits of being perceived as straight by a heteronormative society. I honestly find it insulting to out-and-proud queer men, especially those in the music industry struggling to break through. 

Maybe I should hate the game, not the player, but I feel Harry should know better. When you reach a certain level of success in entertainment, your name becomes a brand. Nothing you do in interviews, performances, songs, is off-the-cuff. Him and his team know women love feminine men, they know his “hehe maybe I’m queer idk” game will drum up conversation online, and they know the amibiguity plays into some delusional fans’ Larry fantasy. It’s just.. so manufactured… calculated. A shame, really. I still thank him for being an ally, but being candid about this would go a long way and I’d really appreciate him for it. 

A straight man QUEER BATING. He has ONLY been with women, why is he acting like this and saying **** about "not being labelled"...He uses women's clothes and now is "against labels"? He is such a ******* joke

This same exact thing happened with Timothee Chalamet back in 2017-18. Lotssss of projection being a placed onto him from just one movie role. But unlike Harry, he was honest enough to be candid with his sexuality... well sorta (see: Ellen interview, his talks on method acting). 

Before 2015 even a rumor that you were queer (especially as a man) in Hollywood = career suicide. The reason "queerbaiting" didn't enter the lexicon until now is that straight men never had a reason to do it. :rip: I think some of y'all are acting dense on purpose with these replies. Queer men have valid criticism here. It's more than the fabric he wears. 

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

This is why you're not worth arguing with. If he hasn't said he's NOT straight then he IS straight, PERIOD, because that's how it works in the real world in the big year of 2022. I'm gonna assume you are trolling because that's better than facing the reality that queer people's fight has been HARSH but yet here we are still having to read complete asinine **** like this, again, in the big year of 2022. Either way, I beg of you, do better!

IMAGINE being this sheltered, entitled, and completely out of touch with reality :ahh:  Wow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.